Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC18T with Vendetta tires/wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Smile RC18T with Vendetta tires/wheels

Hi all. I ordered yesterday some Vendetta tires/wheels for my AE 18T. I got the square-blocks from tower: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLXZ1&P=SM Good price and they look to have severe bite.
Also, ordered DP 12mm wheel adapters from The Toyz.

Has anyone tried these?

Today, I read a tire review somewhere on here (where used on Vendetta, not 18T) that D-Block tires were really good. Maybe he meant D-Bar. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRXY4&P=SM
Maybe I should've looked/read before buying. D-Bar's look to be larger diameter than stock AE mini-pins or Proline Bowties and I don't want to raise the C of G more and get rollovers, so ... not sure. I liked how the Square-Block Vendetta tires are a bit narrower b/c my 18T is quite light using 1000mAH pack and figured the narrower ones will bite better w/ less surface area. Logic okay here??

I've tried quite a few tires on my 18T. Proline Bowties are my favorite so far, but I want more.

Track is varied currently. Packed clay with moss now growing on it pretty good. ...great hook-up and maintence free, no erosion - via Ortho Total Kill (acidic). But also, loose pebbles in construction areas (berms).

Different foams for Square Block tires or use the ones they come with?

Hacker 13L (kv 5080), 60,10T gears, 3s Apogee LiMn
Old 09-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by luvminis
Hi all. I ordered yesterday some Vendetta tires/wheels for my AE 18T. I got the square-blocks from tower: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLXZ1&P=SM Good price and they look to have severe bite.
Also, ordered DP 12mm wheel adapters from The Toyz.

Has anyone tried these?

Today, I read a tire review somewhere on here (where used on Vendetta, not 18T) that D-Block tires were really good. Maybe he meant D-Bar. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRXY4&P=SM
Maybe I should've looked/read before buying. D-Bar's look to be larger diameter than stock AE mini-pins or Proline Bowties and I don't want to raise the C of G more and get rollovers, so ... not sure. I liked how the Square-Block Vendetta tires are a bit narrower b/c my 18T is quite light using 1000mAH pack and figured the narrower ones will bite better w/ less surface area. Logic okay here??

I've tried quite a few tires on my 18T. Proline Bowties are my favorite so far, but I want more.

Track is varied currently. Packed clay with moss now growing on it pretty good. ...great hook-up and maintence free, no erosion - via Ortho Total Kill (acidic). But also, loose pebbles in construction areas (berms).

Different foams for Square Block tires or use the ones they come with?

Hacker 13L (kv 5080), 60,10T gears, 3s Apogee LiMn
i did mention that they were the d-bars... but the ones you bought are for the vendetta buggy... and they may work well.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Okay, I didn't realize their was both a buggy and ST Vendetta. So, the buggy uses narrower tires front and back then, or should I have bought something different for the rear? ... thinking rc18b here.

After reading your review (nice job BTW), I do wish I got the D-bars now tho. .... the outer spikes spaced further apart and smaller diameter look like they'd dig in nice.

I'm excited to try the Sq. Blocks just the same however. Here's hoping they're no compatablity issues w/ my 18T.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by luvminis
Okay, I didn't realize their was both a buggy and ST Vendetta. So, the buggy uses narrower tires front and back then, or should I have bought something different for the rear? ... thinking rc18b here.

After reading your review (nice job BTW), I do wish I got the D-bars now tho. .... the outer spikes spaced further apart and smaller diameter look like they'd dig in nice.

I'm excited to try the Sq. Blocks just the same however. Here's hoping they're no compatablity issues w/ my 18T.
Jae does a great job sharing info....

I never put Vendetta buggy wheels/rims on my RC18T but I did put on Kyosho H8 pins and the truck was hooked up. This was Bluegroove and indoor. Unfortunately the race director felt I had an unfair advantage and I couldnt use them....
They may work well for you. The tough thing is your track has a few surface textures....
Old 09-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

That unfair advantage call - seems a bit unfair IMO.

Yeah, the construction zones are a bit of a pain. ... keeps me on my toes tho anticipating the loose stuff, but slower there like this, so not as good. My track's big enough with ways to not use the unfinished part tho.

I'll post here my 2 cents about the Vendetta tires I ordered as soon as they're in and I've given them a go.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Vendetta tires/wheels arrived.

Problem right out of the gate: No real foams to go inside. Instead, they're supplied with strips of foam that are about 3/4" too short of wrapping around the wheels. Also, the peel & stick side of foam strips were partially peeled and dried-out of stick. So, this review is an easy one b/c unless you wish to go thru making custom foams or take a chance of buying after-market ones that might be okay and cutting them narrower, it's a dead pony. Back in the box they went to be returned sorry to say.