Old 08-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

I am just going to sell it.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCabcs

Alloy wing mount = good way to break the rear shock tower/wing

Steel hinge pin for rear = they're already steel, don't know what part you're referencing. if you're talking about the bracket, yes, get the alloy 3-degree toe-in model. steel's not needed

Alloy hinge pin for front = are you talking about the bracket?

alloy wing mounts wont do anything other than save the wing mount... i have never had a shock tower broken ... and im not a perfect driver... in the past 2 years of racing.practicing,testing the vendetta... i have had to replace the wing mount many many times... since changing to alloy,, this has stopped..

the steel rear hinge pin brace is an item i had made.. it is a 3-degree brace and last 100 times longer than that alloy crap... and yes i have done my own tests and review..

its called a front brace.. not a bracket.. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLXX9&P=7
Old 08-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

btw ,,, here is a thread discussing tjhe rear hinge brace http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...tm.htm#5073865
Old 08-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Way too much trouble for that small of a truck IMO.

It needs a new home. Posted in the FS section.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

just dont give upsoeasily and quickly

I have toldu nothing but the truth,,, and the items u need are not things u need today,,but eventually u will need to buy....

no rtr out there is readyto race out of the box.... no matter what size
Old 08-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jaejw1
alloy wing mounts wont do anything other than save the wing mount... i have never had a shock tower broken ... and im not a perfect driver... in the past 2 years of racing.practicing,testing the vendetta... i have had to replace the wing mount many many times... since changing to alloy,, this has stopped..

the steel rear hinge pin brace is an item i had made.. it is a 3-degree brace and last 100 times longer than that alloy crap... and yes i have done my own tests and review..

its called a front brace.. not a bracket.. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLXX9&P=7
in 2+ years of racing not only haven't I ever broken a wingmount, I've not seen one broken either.
maybe you just do more bashing and are rougher on the equipment

again, if you're tearing up your stuff and think alloy is crap because you don't like them that's your choice but it hardly puts you in the realm of the only expert on the planet just because you've done your "own tests and review" ROFL
didn't I read here or somewhere else that you had let your shocks go to the point that they hadn't a drop of oil in them and that your diffs had been neglected long enough they were all but locked up?

brace, bracket, whatever <rollseyes>
Old 08-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hlpressley
Way too much trouble for that small of a truck IMO.

It needs a new home. Posted in the FS section.
LOL
Old 08-31-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jaejw1

no rtr out there is readyto race out of the box.... no matter what size

Obviously you haven't driven a Slash.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

in 2+ years of racing not only haven't I ever broken a wingmount, I've not seen one broken either.
maybe you just do more bashing and are rougher on the equipment

again, if you're tearing up your stuff and think alloy is crap because you don't like them that's your choice but it hardly puts you in the realm of the only expert on the planet just because you've done your "own tests and review" ROFL
didn't I read here or somewhere else that you had let your shocks go to the point that they hadn't a drop of oil in them and that your diffs had been neglected long enough they were all but locked up?

brace, bracket, whatever <rollseyes>
I never claimed to be the expert,,,but when it comes to the detta I do know a thing or two

also I race and practice on a dirt offroad track,,, and all the other guys that have run on dirt have experienced the same exact problem with the rear brace.... I dont bash!

as far as the alloy wing mount goes... when running on a 10th scale dirt offroad track,,,, u will flipover,,, misjudged a jump... or u may take a jumpand not realizing that the new slight imperfection that wasnt there a lap ago has now upset ur suspension and causes the car to do strange things in the air

as for my shocks,,, I have been very busy with work and only get a short time to play with my detta.... I knew I needed to change them,,but just didnt

and my diffs I take great care of.. and never had them lock on me
Old 08-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Suspended

Last edited by RCabcs; 08-31-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Get lost dude. Don't ever post in my FS threads again. If you don't like the price keep it to yourself. You have proven to be an idiot already a few times and you have only been here less than a month. Get a life.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hlpressley
Obviously you haven't driven a Slash.
I agree...
The Slash has turned to be for me the best $210 I spent in this Hobby.
The truck just comes back for more....
They come stock w an 18t pinion and they give you the optional 23t pinion in the box....The Slash is a RTR animal....
Old 09-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
I agree...
The Slash has turned to be for me the best $210 I spent in this Hobby.
The truck just comes back for more....
They come stock w an 18t pinion and they give you the optional 23t pinion in the box....The Slash is a RTR animal....
different trucks of widely carying different scales intended for different purposes.
i luv my slash and my ST also serves its purposes.
but if someone's going to be so willy-nilly and change their mind so quickly its my guess that the'll be moving on to something else next month or totally out of the hobby by then
Old 09-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

different trucks of widely carying different scales intended for different purposes.
i luv my slash and my ST also serves its purposes.
but if someone's going to be so willy-nilly and change their mind so quickly its my guess that the'll be moving on to something else next month or totally out of the hobby by then
It is called Freedom of Choice....
I think his decision was based on good information and facts....
It takes about $300 to bullet proof and prep a Vendetta ST....
Not including the cost of the ST. Being it is only sold as an RTR you have to purchace some basic electronics that are worthless to an experienced racer....I know I have one ST and one Monster Shark I bought in Germany....
Old 09-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
It is called Freedom of Choice....
I think his decision was based on good information and facts....
It takes about $300 to bullet proof and prep a Vendetta ST....
Not including the cost of the ST. Being it is only sold as an RTR you have to purchace some basic electronics that are worthless to an experienced racer....I know I have one ST and one Monster Shark I bought in Germany....
Sure it's his decision, but if it was based on good information and facts he never would have gotten it in the first place.
All RTRs need upgraded electronics as they all come with bare-bones basics, no difference from scale to scale and none have any value to an experienced racer.
By the sound of his posts, he didn't sound experienced or a racer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.