Wiki Posts
Search

Which car is right?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roland S
Please stop spreading this misinformation. You did not study, experiment and observe, yourself and come to this conclusion. You were simply told so. And the person who told you so, did not study, experiment and observe himself either.
Paragon is not good for the RCP tile....Any type of petroleum distillate will break down the foam. How fast is another question. In a bigger picture Paragon is not good for a human either.....I would try to get traction from tires using no additives....

If you use RCP tile and find you have no traction issues...It is because the tile is dry....you can hydrate the tiles with a mist of water and the traction will come back....A good misting then a vaccuum will do wonders to RCP....
Old 08-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Please stop spreading this misinformation. You did not study, experiment and observe, yourself and come to this conclusion. You were simply told so. And the person who told you so, did not study, experiment and observe himself either.
ummm, yes paragon does (try it if you dont believe me like berm said)

Traction compound isnt really needed imo, the car worked fine w/o it. if you need traction, i would try using gojo hand cleaner.

imo xrays would be better for an rcp because they are a tad smaller than 18rs, the they are also more durable. running 180/5cells, youd be hard pressed to break anything at all on the cars.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:08 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i was 1 of many who didnt break 1 pc of plastic all year. w00t

clean foams off w/tape, sauce up and ready to go. cars are stupid easy to work on and run. 20cars is an average nite in stock.

consider other tracks in winter and in summer can get that in mainline classes, or in many cases, total entries for all classes. its a winner. i'm a convert. said no way i'd work on those lil turds. watched a race when a friend asked me to stop by. i walked out w/a car.

R
Old 08-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

18R actually runs very good with the stock rubber tire on RCP track. At Willy Wong's house, you remember Willy Wong from Queen's Off-Roader?, I was driving the 18R and was able to stay in front of him driving his super fast mini-z, on a TWO tile RCP track. My point is that the car handles amazingly well with stock rubber tires.
Yes I rememeber Willy. We will have to look into the 18R
Old 08-19-2008, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The one time I got to use my m18 on a RCP track, there was no need for traction compound. One benefit with the m18 is since its such a light car, the tiles will hold up longer from wear and tear. Another is its preciser steering.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:56 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

hey mike, how many laps did u put on those 18r's at frederick's sedan challenge?

R
Old 08-19-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

RCP+Xray= Indestructable
Old 08-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
hey mike, how many laps did u put on those 18r's at frederick's sedan challenge?

R

too many for it to be intresting...
Old 08-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2000-redrider
Have you looked at the BRPs? They're simple, durable, inexpensive, and can be raced on 4 cells. They're not popular, but it doesn't mean they're not a good choice.
excellent sugestion!!i would go with either the buds cars or the robitronics scalpels.They are a lot of fun with 4 cells and a stock motor on an rcp track PLUS any of your 2wd mini-z racers would possibly pick one up being the tuning and handling characteristics are so similar to a mini-z.Not to mention that on an rcp track they are just about indestrucible.