Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
trinity now truggy or team losi mini lst? >

trinity now truggy or team losi mini lst?

trinity now truggy or team losi mini lst?

Old 04-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (83%+)
Default trinity now truggy or team losi mini lst?

hi there! im comparing with this two rtr trucks.. i like speed, ease of controls and jumps..

which one can u refer to me? planning to buy it one og this rtr kit.

anyone here can help? thanks!
Old 04-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sixsix1
hi there! im comparing with this two rtr trucks.. i like speed, ease of controls and jumps..

which one can u refer to me? planning to buy it one og this rtr kit.

anyone here can help? thanks!
I know this truck wasn't your choices, but the Xray-M18T-Pro (hands down) would be my first choice in my opinion. I know there are going to be a lot of different opinions on this......that's why we have competition at big and small races. That's what makes this fun hobby we all enjoy what it is.....fun. Just check out all the major races posted in the other threads and you will see that the Xray products do pretty darn good. Good luck with your choice and enjoy it, no matter what it is.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

sixsix1,
What is your plans with these trucks? Racing or Bashing......I will give you my thoughts on both trucks with your anwser.......Both have pros and cons.......

Old 04-07-2008, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

sixsix1,
What is your plans with these trucks? Racing or Bashing......I will give you my thoughts on both trucks with your anwser.......Both have pros and cons.......

@ micro man,

racing with jumps.. good suspension with longer run time.

i have a mini lst here, my problem is the rear differential is too weak, battery runs out too fast...

how about the truggy??

thanks man.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If you're just bashing around......I say get whatever your LHS has parts for. The MLST can be a bit of a pain with the diffs and it is hard to wrench on anyway. I really don't know much about the NOW, but I'm sure Wes will toss his input back atcha now that he know's what your intentions are.
If I were the only one you were asking......I'd say get a Vendetta ST, but that's just me.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

more opinion pls... is the trinity now have a metal gears already unlike the mini lst? thanks
Old 04-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Sixsix1......The MLST and the Now are two different sizes and also weight is considerably different between them both being in stock form out of the box......
One more question....You say you have a MLST already? Are you racing on dirt or carpet? This is very important to be able to give you a complete response....forgive me for asking so much......but that is the only way I can give you my professional opinion.....LOL

I will agree with Dieselpower.....go with what your LHS has in stock or if not make sure you order some extras of the most important parts just in case product is hard to come by from time to time....

Old 04-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default ..

@ microman, what is LHS?

im in too dirt racing. i like my mini lst but the problem here is the diff is very fast to tear out.. im planning to sell my MLST, and im planning to buy the NOW.

pls help. thanks.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Arrow LHS

Originally Posted by sixsix1

@ microman, what is LHS?

im in too dirt racing. i like my mini lst but the problem here is the diff is very fast to tear out.. im planning to sell my MLST, and im planning to buy the NOW.

pls help. thanks.
To provide you with a quick answer.

LHS = Local Hobby Shop.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Addict

the MLST is a little time consuming when it comes to rebuilds but that is okay if you don't mind wrenching a bit......yes it is a bit finicky where the diffs are consernd....You have to use the Losi Viscous Diffs and pack them with 50,000 diff oil in the front and 20,000 in the rear.....Put a Ball diff in the center and make it tight not locked....I also use the Losi slipper a little on dirt and tighten it on carpet....I use Green springs up front and sliver springs in the rear....For me it is the truck of choice for Micro Truck racing in the dirt and carpet racing.....You can drive it with ease and jumps great all the time with out having to throw it into the air and have to throttle control it all the time and it always has plenty of steering.......Tim Mohr and I was running 1 and 2 last year in the RC Pro Series beating out all the other brand trucks out at the time.......This year it is still my truck of choice for the Pro Series....

The Now is a different beast in itself.....It was originally a Nitro mini I'm sure you know......It is great that it has a bigger foot print but it also is a lot heavier which in dirt that isn't so bad. There was one in the Monster A Main at the Truck Nationals and it finished 3rd.....It looked good for the most part but had to be man handled to get it over the jumps and on the gas hard to get it into the corners with some speed to exit quickly. Still it is a better truck then the Blade and the Next was....

My suggestion is if you know someone that has one, try it out first before buying one....unless you have $300 to burn.....LOL

I myself will wind up with one because that is why I am called Micro-Man....I have everything micro except the Kyosho Mini-z......Just haven't had any use for one yet....But I will........

Good luck SixSix1, hope I helped a little and don't stop asking questions!

Old 04-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

@ micro man, thats what im waiting for.

il get stick totally to my mini lst..

thanks man, have a nice day!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micro-Man
I myself will wind up with one because that is why I am called Micro-Man....I have everything micro except the Kyosho Mini-z......Just haven't had any use for one yet....But I will........
Got any A-Techs Wes?
Old 04-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Was going to run the A-Tech for Schumacher but lets just say that the buggy and the truck just wasn't up to standards.....kept tearing out diffs even with the stock motors....lasted all but 15 seconds with the mod stuff in them.......is just about the same compared with the Trinity blade in the fragile department.......Was at Schumacher not to long ago and they still have a whole section in the warehouse full of A-Tech parts........

Old 04-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 85 (98%+)

I was thinking about getting the NOW and I was wondering if the chassis is long enough to fit a Maxamps 11.1 3s 8000mah LiPo on it as I have a couple sitting here. If it is long enough I figured I would just need longer posts and make the sides wider.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is just from reading reviews on amainhobbies.com and places like that. The NOW seems to have some MAJOR durability issues.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.