Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LST2 quits running?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default LST2 quits running?

Ok, I bought my son a new Losi LST2 today for Christmas. Of course I had to charge it up and go for a test drive to check for bugs..... After an initial charge of about 6 hours per the manual, off we went. It is a blast to drive. After about 15 minutes I could tell the battery was weakening. Then all of a sudden it would quit going. Not like a slow down, just shut down. The steering was still working but she no goes. The light on the ESC was blinking red. Is this a low volt shutoff or what? After about a minute the light would turn green and it would go again for a minute or two. Maybe I should have put this in the Rookie Zone. Anyhoo, if yall could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I bought the rapid charger from Losi, will it hurt to leave the battery hooked up over night? It says it switches to a trickle charge and helps to balance the cells, but no warning on how long to leave it hooked up. Thanks for your help fellas.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yes, it's just a dumped battery- time to recharge. Like most cars today they are designed to cut power to the motor but still supply power to the servos so that at least you can turn away from a crash etc.

Get you a good peak battery charger as soon as you can. The battery will perform better, last longer and keep your son happy because he can drive it every half hour

Have fun!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Rookie

I think the charger I bought is a peak charger. The guy at the LHS said it was the one to have. It would charge the battery in 30 minutes or so.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by txdiamond17
I think the charger I bought is a peak charger. The guy at the LHS said it was the one to have. It would charge the battery in 30 minutes or so.

Oh I see- then no, I don't suggest overnight trickling. It will gradually over charge the cells if they already had peak charged.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if you peak charge it should only take about 20 minutes
Old 12-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by johnkemp
if you peak charge it should only take about 20 minutes

Not necessarily- it depends on what amperage you are charging at.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Rookie

I used the losi peak charger today and it took just less than an hour to charge. At least that is what I think it took, I checked it at 30 minutes and it was still charging. At an hour it was done.