Wiki Posts
Search

1/14 Recoil Pro ARR Spashett Edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jordan,

I am using that battery with a Mamba 25 ESC and an 8000kv brushless. I know duneland does not think that is a good combo and I will try another combo later. But for now, that thing is a blast! I was running it this afternoon on my street and could not get the smile off my face! So far, I have had no issues. I thought for sure I would. The battery might have been run down a little, and I did make some programming adjustments on the ESC but, it is really fun. I am about ready for the track.

duneland: Are you skeptical of the new Pro version? I was talking to the "Recoil guy" (not sales) at Horizon yesterday and he sounded like it was going to be pretty bitchin'. Basically $180 worth of upgrades for $30 more, plus electronics, motor and battery of course.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Initiate

I am sort of confused. Isn't that motor designed for 1/18th scale cars? How is your Recoil not under powered? This must mean that the Recoil is fairly light.:con fused::con fused::con fused:

-Jordan
Old 11-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Initiate

I am sort of confused. Isn't that motor designed for 1/18th scale cars? How is your Recoil not under powered? This must mean that the Recoil is fairly light.

-Jordan
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Duneland,
What motor/esc/battery combo are you using? Why don't you think NitroNubee's combo is a good one?

-Jordan
Old 11-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Wesley,
Sorry I missed you at the show! I don't think I will be able to make it to the east coast.. The date is sneaking up on me and I am not prepared (financially or otherwise).
Nitronubee,
First, the pro/spashett version; I think it will be a good deal. The diffs, shocks, and motor plate being the best part. I just don't like the chassis design, but that gives me a chance to offer an upgrade!
With regard to the Mamba system; They are fantastic in the M18, but have been problematic in larger/heavier cars & trucks. Most of our attempts were made a few years ago, trying to make them work in Mini Quakes and such. There were, and still are, many larger motors that work well in these vehicles, without dealing with the issues that arose.
Since then, Castle has made many advancements in the software (and more recently, to the hardware) in the mamba esc. One of the kids that runs here, put one in his Recoil with good results. His is an earlier esc w/1.06 version software. I noticed some hesitation from a dead stop (occasional), but otherwise it worked well.

Jordan,
I have an Apogee 1500 2 cell, Mamba esc, Ultrafly outrunner, in mine. I will try the Cyclon Mini Punch outrunner this weekend.
The Ultrafly has pretty good performance but not as 'insane' as I have gotten used to. I have several motors slated for testing.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 139 (97%+)

Originally Posted by NitroNubee
This is for the first half of your question:

http://www.advantagehobby.com/produc...cat=343&page=1
thank you for the battery info
Old 11-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by twistedone
thank you for the battery info
You're welcome!

Duneland: There must be 1,000 motors out there that could work! I am still having good success with my set up. I ran my Recoil yesterday for a while and had a blast. No standing start issues or cogging. *fingers crossed* I would still like to try a smaller pinion. Do you have any recommendations for 2.0mm shafts? I will have some time off during the holidays, I would like to get up there and race a little. Keep me posted on the chassis thing!
Old 11-16-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I wonder if they are just gonna sell the hop ups parts for those who already have a recoil that have put some hop ups on it to get it closer to the new kits specs.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by racingboy14
I wonder if they are just gonna sell the hop ups parts for those who already have a recoil that have put some hop ups on it to get it closer to the new kits specs.
Racingboy14,
I don't think they are coming out with a conversion kit if that is what you mean, but they will be selling all the parts from the ARR Pro editon so that anyone that already has a Recoil can upgrade with the parts from the ARR Pro edition.

-Jordan Burns
Old 11-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroNubee
You're welcome!

Duneland: There must be 1,000 motors out there that could work! I am still having good success with my set up. I ran my Recoil yesterday for a while and had a blast. No standing start issues or cogging. *fingers crossed* I would still like to try a smaller pinion. Do you have any recommendations for 2.0mm shafts? I will have some time off during the holidays, I would like to get up there and race a little. Keep me posted on the chassis thing!
The pinions for the AE rc18 is the same .5 module pitch as the recoil. You should be able to find some that fits.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

^^Cool, thanks!!^^
Old 11-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know of anyother names that the Recoil might be called besides the Carisma GT-14 because I live in Hong Kong and whenever I say recoil, sportwerks, or carisma at an RC store they just get really confused and ignore me. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by twistedone
can anyone post the lipo pack there are using in the recoils and what foam I need to get are we running the same around the whole car
For Lipo I'm using Thunderpower's 2100 2s pack. For foams on carpet, I'm using Purple fronts Magentas rears
Old 11-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DucatiDude3231
Does anyone know of anyother names that the Recoil might be called besides the Carisma GT-14 because I live in Hong Kong and whenever I say recoil, sportwerks, or carisma at an RC store they just get really confused and ignore me. Thanks.
The car is made by MA Toys somewhere in the New Territory.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

The pinion/spur pitch is said to be .5 module, however, I have found that some 48 pitch pinions work quite well (if not better) than most of the .5s I have tried. Just thought I would throw that out there in case your motor choice has a 1/8 shaft. Xray m18 pinions might also work well if you are running a 2mm shaft.... I haven't tried them yet though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.