Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
ALS Charity Race - October 20th (Maryland) >

ALS Charity Race - October 20th (Maryland)

ALS Charity Race - October 20th (Maryland)

Old 09-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Quick tally as of today:

MiniZ Stock 12
MiniZ Mod 4
MiniZ AWD 3
Xmod Stock 6
1/18th 7
MiniZ F1 4

I'm going to be out of the office for a couple of days and may not have email/internet access until Friday. If we get a influx by then I will post updates.

T-shirts have shipped and I will post a pic on Friday.

NCRC
Old 09-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Is there any chance of a non-radio shack xmod class?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jeremym
Is there any chance of a non-radio shack xmod class?
Jeremy,
There hasn't been much interest (you are the first to ask). This year I would have to say it is too late to try and include it, but we can plan on it for 2008.

Hope to still see you there.

NCRC
Old 09-27-2007, 01:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My mini-z has some issues that I wont be able to fix by then, im lazy, but am still planning on coming to watch. Hopefully next year I will have a working z....
Old 09-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jeremym
My mini-z has some issues that I wont be able to fix by then, im lazy, but am still planning on coming to watch. Hopefully next year I will have a working z....
Jeremy,

We would still like to see you come by, spectators are welcome and don't forget that you can still purchase raffle tickets to win the big prizes!

NCRC
Old 09-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Smile GB gang

Russ is unfair to big racers. Kool-Aid & Ghetto will be there ,and we stand for xxx large shirts.Over all we are looking forward to this race
Old 09-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Default thank for the information

Originally Posted by ncrcracing
When it comes to local hobby shops carrying MiniZs you will have some slim pickings. The only one that I know of that will have any type of selection for this car is C Whitts down in Clinton (http://www.cwhits.com/). Its a drive but you won't find MiniZ stuff anywhere else but maybe Mimi's in Gaithersburg.

Well I called c-whit hobbies and they were out of them so I will to wait until they order them. So I guess I will have probable race in the 1/18 scale class if I get an x-ray. So I want to be sure of the rules before I purchase a car for the class. You have use five cells ((what about number 1100), and, and no traction compound, with the stock motor that comes with it. What about tires? What type of tires should I have or purchase for that car.

Can I come by and drop my entry form and check at the company for the October 20 race, and can I watch any of the races that will be held prior to October 20 event? Thank you very much for the information.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ghetto
Russ is unfair to big racers. Kool-Aid & Ghetto will be there ,and we stand for xxx large shirts.Over all we are looking forward to this race
Ghetto,

Don't worry the t-shirts appear to be cut big. A XXL might do becuase I am thinking about a L for myself. Tell Kool-Aid sorry that the shirts are black and not RED.

If you are running at HobbyTown tomorrow I can stop buy to save you the postage on the registrations.

Russ
Old 09-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
Well I called c-whit hobbies and they were out of them so I will to wait until they order them. So I guess I will have probable race in the 1/18 scale class if I get an x-ray. So I want to be sure of the rules before I purchase a car for the class. You have use five cells ((what about number 1100), and, and no traction compound, with the stock motor that comes with it. What about tires? What type of tires should I have or purchase for that car.

Can I come by and drop my entry form and check at the company for the October 20 race, and can I watch any of the races that will be held prior to October 20 event? Thank you very much for the information.
Flag,
For 1/18 class any cell size will be okay (1100, 1400, 2/3a, etc), but there can only be 5 cells in your pack. The stock motor that comes with the M18 kit is legal but I would suggest you run over to the Glen Burnie HobbyTown and get an Orion stock.

Don't know yet about tires. I am hoping that we can get some input from club drivers during our trial run next week. I'll post more info after that to help with setup.

There are no races prior to Oct. 20. That event is meant to kickoff our season. You can come by next week and drop off the entry if you would like. When you come in the lobby pick up the phone and dial the operator, she will have me paged.

Russ
Old 09-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Default ok thank you

Originally Posted by ncrcracing
Flag,
For 1/18 class any cell size will be okay (1100, 1400, 2/3a, etc), but there can only be 5 cells in your pack. The stock motor that comes with the M18 kit is legal but I would suggest you run over to the Glen Burnie HobbyTown and get an Orion stock.

Don't know yet about tires. I am hoping that we can get some input from club drivers during our trial run next week. I'll post more info after that to help with setup.

There are no races prior to Oct. 20. That event is meant to kickoff our season. You can come by next week and drop off the entry if you would like. When you come in the lobby pick up the phone and dial the operator, she will have me paged.

Russ

Ok thank you so much for the response. I will do that this week-end with the hobbytown in GB. And I will try to come by and drop my entry off with you hopefully Wednesday, again than you Russ.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
Ok thank you so much for the response. I will do that this week-end with the hobbytown in GB. And I will try to come by and drop my entry off with you hopefully Wednesday, again than you Russ.
Flag,
FYI - I will be pretty busy on October 3rd (Weds) so if you can come by Mon, Tues or Friday it would work best.

Russ
Old 09-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thinking about coming down to run some 1/18th with you guys...
Old 09-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R.Dalnogare
Thinking about coming down to run some 1/18th with you guys...
You know its 5cell and silver can motors, right??
Old 09-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
yes sir
Old 10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Bojar,
1/18th looks to like it will be a decent sized class for this race. If that is the case we will test the lap counting system with mod/6cell for next year's race.

Russ

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.