Brushless speed controllers and motors.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless speed controllers and motors.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Brushless speed controllers and motors.

Ok so I have 2 mamba 25’s and a 5400 and 6800. Still waiting on my Wraith 7k from B-P-P (guess I need to email Troy again since I see they are in stock now).

I am looking to get some larger can motors that will still work in my minis along with another speed controller since I don’t hear a lot of great things about the mamba with some of the other motors. I hear good things about the Quark but I really like the USB link for the mamba and would love something that has a similar setup. Being able to tweak the throttle curve is almost a must have for me.

So I would appreciate any motor and ESC combos recommendation would be greatly appreciated. The Vendetta brushless review thread is great and when I get my detta ST I plan to try the recommended motor but I am not sure I will like the Quark ESK.

Thanks, Tom
Old 04-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

You could try the graupner, its a 30 amp ESC, it can link to a computer...

I reaaaaaaly love my Quark though, I would never go back to my Mamba, and I did have the link and thought it worked nicely...

Just once you mess with a Quark, you will realize no amount of USB tweaking will be able to match the beauty of the Quarks control and smoothness.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here is the Graupner..

https://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/ser...?ARTN=2895.G35

I have heard its very nice.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Too bad I don’t read German, I will see what I can look up on it though thanks. I emailed Troy at B-P-P about my wraith and asked him about the Quark. With a little luck he will call me tomorrow and I will have both here by the weekend.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Perhaps you could try a mamba ESC w/ the wraith? I've read this has smoothed out the Mamba ESC but I've never verified this myself.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

I do plan on trying the Mamba with the wraith but I also want to buy some other motors to try out. So I want to have another ESC incase one of them do not get along with the mamba. Not to mention my collection of 1/18-1/14 cars is growing and I really hate having to pull one apart to run another.

I am getting a GT14 or a Recoil very soon and a vendetta ST. So I want to try the wraith in both of them. I am happy with the 6800 in my street buggy and I use the 5400 in my 18T. I am also looking at a Mini T and a Mini LST2 when they come out. Not to mention the 18R when a few more hop-up’s I want are out.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Click the british flag on the graupner site to read it in english...

You should really look at Quark though..
Old 04-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have run the mamba 6800, C4 9200, and the wraith with the mamba 25 and it seems to work pretty good. I get some studdering sometimes but it's almost always at low speeds and doesn't really affect racing. I was thinking about getting a quark to try out but some freinds of mine got them this past weekend and I got to see them first hand. they seem to get alot warmer than the mamba esc. but they are running diffrent motors than me. They are getting so warm the one was shutting down. Both of them said they are prolly adding fans to the esc to help keep them cool. Aside from that they seem to work pretty smoothly. I still might get one to try out.,