Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rules and 1/18th.. Too Few? Too many?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jaejw1
one thing that you may not have realized.. and i know im offbase here.. but unlike the rc18 or the mini-t ,, there are no decent racing tires for the detta or the ST,, for carpet,, that might be its own handicap.. and tires is 80-90% of set up..
You may be further offbase than you realize,,
detta hub drive = 12mm
All 10th scale tires including foams fit
and work great on the carpet and RCP track's I'm racing on.
Those sweet little Vendetta 12mm hub drives
were quite easy to modify onto the MLST.
Now it also wears foam's for wicked indoor performance.

Rules?!? group similar together 2whl/4whl/Monsters,
All Open class!
Creativity and competative desire to have fun rules the field
Old 03-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by straydog
You may be further offbase than you realize,,
detta hub drive = 12mm
All 10th scale tires including foams fit
and work great on the carpet and RCP track's I'm racing on.
Those sweet little Vendetta 12mm hub drives
were quite easy to modify onto the MLST.
Now it also wears foam's for wicked indoor performance.

Rules?!? group similar together 2whl/4whl/Monsters,
All Open class!
Creativity and competative desire to have fun rules the field
no .. from what i understand.. foams are not allowed for the offroad nats.

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
my take on the tire issue....if everyone runs the same tires then everyone is at an equal dis advantage.....so the racing is on a level playing field.

Jae you run your Vendetta against 1/10ths so they have the tire advantage over you and you still try your best.....
i use kyosho half8th ST wheels which are taller and wider than the stock wheels.. closer in size to the 10th scalers than the stock wheels.. and the treads are more intuned with my track,,
Old 03-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

jaejw1, you're right, I missed the 'JK'.
On the tire issue, not sure about the ST (we just got them in a few days ago & haven't tried to get any other tires on them yet)
As for the 'detta' we run mini x-patterns from hpi on the stock rims. They are the same size as stock tires (NOT 1/10 tc size), wear like iron, & hook-up great on my canvas track, indoor clay tracks (moist firm-packed variety), and carpet.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

hmm someone told me they dont hook up as well as they should..
Old 03-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

The ones currently available are a slight harder compound & don't grip as well as the original pro compound. They still work extremely well with 'sauce'. I was traction rolling with the pro compounds at an indoor clay track & also at the Ozite track in Indy. Wheelies & traction rolls are not uncommon with these tires.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry guy's ,,I never thought about your Mini-Nat's.
Up and Out here in the Cold Frozen North our mini racing
is very loosley organized off season relief for lot's
Guess we'd be in the very few rules catagory.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

i still wish the nats were on a large (10th scale) dirt offroad track with lots of jumps.. big and small.. but tht another argument..lol

but it would be nice if someone could organize such a thing..
Old 03-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

but it would be nice if someone could organize such a thing..

Well you are at SoCal..

Old 03-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

only a few guys run minis.. AS A SECOND CAR.. and they arent that good.. that is why i dont mind running with the 10th scalers.. atleast i can keep up.. minis just arent as popular as they once were.. and im trying my best to bring it back,, but either ppl dont want to put the time in practice.. or the see it as a mute point..
everyone says the same thing about my car... dang that thing is fast and it handles
Old 03-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Keep your eyes and ears pealed! There is one in the works that will be held on a 'small' 1/10 track (world class size for 1/18). Indoor/moist clay/high bite/ elevations/ jumps etc.
Somewhat centrally located.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by duneland
Keep your eyes and ears pealed! There is one in the works that will be held on a 'small' 1/10 track (world class size for 1/18). Indoor/moist clay/high bite/ elevations/ jumps etc.
Somewhat centrally located.
Chicago is still the eastern side of the plains states....
Old 03-29-2007, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

is there anymore you can tell us duneland,,,, I would love to hear more,,,, hopefully this will get more press than potbellies championships,,,, had it not been for an interview with jeremy kortz I would know nothing of potbellies
Old 03-29-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

is there anymore you can tell us duneland,,,, I would love to hear more,,,, hopefully this will get more press than potbellies championships,,,, had it not been for an interview with jeremy kortz I would know nothing of potbellies
we got to meet and race with Jeremy Kortz at that event. Jeremy spent some time with my son giving him tips. He is a class act!!! Man i miss Potbellies..................
Old 03-29-2007, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

I can't say too much yet. Exact date not set yet (late '07').
Track is perfect for a Championship 1/18 race. Once all details are worked out, I will start promoting the event. I will only be a consultant & sponsor, Not the host or primary planner. More info when the those involved are ready to start promoting. It has been in planning for quite a while & will probably take place.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
we got to meet and race with Jeremy Kortz at that event. Jeremy spent some time with my son giving him tips. He is a class act!!! Man i miss Potbellies..................
I guess age does make a difference. I remember in the early to mid 90s being at races that he was at. He was a little cocky punk that hacked and to me was a embarrassment to his sponsors (and others agreed). He also was unapproachable, having that egalitarian so-cal elite "Im better than you are" attitude.

I believe I remember one time when he specifically took out the leader so a teammate could take first as one example.

It made me angry also because he might have been a good driver, but he was not personable. While people who might have been cleaner drivers with good personalities were looked over by the idiotic sponsors only trying to get wins with magazines who would only reflect the winners without reflecting the personality. Luckily today with the net, this observed behavior would told to others and spread quickly internationally and reflect badly on a sponsor. Which I think has made sponsors more selective on whom they choose.

I guess people like him (or at least what he used to be) are why I like 1/18th. . I love the competition, but 1/10th+ drivers sometimes go too far and suck out all the fun. I think in part because of the investment they have to put in.

(Kortz if you do read this, again what you used to be. Not what you are now. It sounds like you have done a 180 since then.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.