Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Sticky: posting for sale/trade threads >

Sticky: posting for sale/trade threads

Sticky: posting for sale/trade threads

Old 02-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Sticky: posting for sale/trade threads

Ok guys, I've been pretty tolerant about allowing people to post micros/minis for sale here, but ONLY if no one complains. But that has now changed, since I have gotten complaints about it, I'm moving any such threads to the For Sale/Trade Forum(or deleting such posts if they appear in other threads) & I'll ask you all to post any future threads like that in that forum. Also, linking to ads will be dealt with the same way. Remember, this is NOT the For Sale/Trade or Items Wanted forums, we have a place for those posts already. If you absolutely MUST offer someone something because of seeing them mention they want something you have, just contact them via PM's, not in public...

Last edited by Grizzbob; 09-14-2007 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Its pretty silly to issue a warning to someone when they were NOT spamming a thread. Someone stated that they were actively LOOKING for a Mini-T pro and were unable to FIND one:

post 1: I showed pics and brief description to try and help the afore-mentioned person out. This was before THIS sticky was created.

the next day, in same thread I noticed that that my post wasnt actually there so I figured I either did not hit the SUBMIT button or it got lost in LA-LA land because RCTECH lag time has been horrible.

so...

post 2: I just stated I had one if interested, no price no pics etc etc etc

you sent me a *WARNING* and said not to do it again...

as a mod on another forum, this is just plain silly to put it nicely.

1) I wasnt spamming, I wasnt offering something that wasnt asked about

2) If you really really wanted to resort to this dictator-like method of controlling my post, you should have altered my ORIGINAL post and stated that you CHANGED IT AND WHY. Instead, you just completely DELETED it.

3) I had no idea my post was deleted so made a basic "hey, Ive got one post" and you gave me an "official" WARNING because I had repeatedly broken your rule...

geez...
Old 02-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

by the way, how efficient is 10 stickied items at the top of this thread and then holding people responsible for all the info contained within them?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

People don't have to be responsible for all of them, stickys are used for more than just rules. And if you actually READ the titles of the threads, it becomes pretty obvious which ones are for EVERYONE & which ones I just feel deserve some attention(like important races coming up). And if you think public complaining about someone sending YOU a warning will change it, you're mistaken. It's really very simple, if you want to sell or trade something, you have two choices, either post something in the For Sale/Trade Forum, or send a PM to the person you want to sell/trade with. If you can't handle that, then perhaps you're in the wrong place.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

my second post you deleted without telling me you deleted the first one just said I had one and to PM me if interested.

I didnt spam anything and I didnt come into this conference to sell anything. I saw someone was having trouble finding something and I tried to help them out.

I see you are having trouble finding a clue, if I post that I have one of those for sale in here will that get deleted too?
Old 02-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

I'm only going to say this one more time, the rule is plain & clear, it's been here before you ever came in this section of R/C Tech, I checked with Shane & Troy(just the guys who CREATED R/C Tech in the first place) to make sure they were coo with it, & made it clear to EVERYONE here. So why is it that YOU are the only one who has a problem with it? Or are you simply whining because someone dared to cross you? This IS the end of it, if I hear you post anymore B.S. about this, it's getting deleted & you're REALLY going to get on my bad side(& trust me, you DON'T want that, regardless of what you may think). I really don't care if you like it or not, I won't put up with any more of it, so let it go. NOW.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!