Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Spektrum/AE XPS Micro ESC >

Spektrum/AE XPS Micro ESC

Spektrum/AE XPS Micro ESC

Old 03-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

on the Spektrum/ AE esc problem i fond a meathod to void re-setting up the ESC every time you use it

plug in the battery like normal and keep flicking the switch on and off untill you get an very fast connection between the RX and TX

Faster than re setting it up and works fine
Old 04-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DCB
I have to re-bind every time I use my spektrum/xps, it works fine until I shut it off, re-bind every time...
Similar problems with the Airtronics FHSS system and the Duratrax ESC7500. I had to re-bind the Rx every time and the ESC would be setup.....til I had a crash that flipped my switch off.....someone on the track flipped it back, it shot out of their hands at full speed, bounced off of one wall and then ran straight into a Tek18 at full speed.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by MrLesac
another note, not with spektrum, but the XPS speed controller. DO NOT use a three cell lipo with it. it will look like a smoke bomb on the fourth of july.
2 cell lipos work fine though.
And you thought this wouldn't happen why??????????

ROFLMAO
Old 09-12-2008, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I had the same problem with my dx3....but with the dx3r I dont have that problem.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I used the Losi 2.4ghz system that came with my MINI LST2.
I too had the binding problems on start up,quite annoying.
I then purchased a DX3S for my TC and left the rx in the car.Bound the new radio to it and bingo! Problem solved.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

nevermind

Last edited by looper; 04-03-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 AM
wwoodruff

The XPS speed control has a known problem with the switch. I cut mine off and soldered the wires together. I use the battery to turn the car on and off. Not very convenient but it keeps me from leaving a lipo plugged in on my other cars. The spektrum dsm 2 receiver turns on and works fine most of the time. Sometimes I have to unplug and re-plug but I have not had to re-bind.

Last edited by wwoodruff; 04-22-2009 at 09:25 AM.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:27 AM
wwoodruff

Default Want to get rid of your new XPS?

By the way, anyone who has a new XPS speed control they want to get rid of, let me know with a PM. I like them and use them in alot of different cars.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
The XPS speed control has a known problem with the switch. I cut mine off and soldered the wires together. I use the battery to turn the car on and off. Not very convenient but it keeps me from leaving a lipo plugged in on my other cars. The spektrum dsm 2 receiver turns on and works fine most of the time. Sometimes I have to unplug and re-plug but I have not had to re-bind.

the stock esc sometimes gives all its power to the motor and shuts off the esc, esp towards the end of a run when i put the power down, i found the spectrum capacitor helps in this alot. cycling power on startup is a regular thing with this esc, basically turn it on and wait for the rx light to turn on,, then off and back on and it should be ready to go.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Guys, Thanks for the tip here as I have a 18T and a Spektrum DX3 and DX2 that I tried to bind to no luck. As this is my first post, I appreciate this topic the most since it answers why I was ready to throw in the towel.

LT
Old 03-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had the same thing happen with my spektrum and a tamiya ESC on another car. So when it happened on my 18R I switched it with an FM (JR r135) and the same thing happened. The throttle would get stuck too. I'm Just going to swap out the esc.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
I would like to take the opposite side.

I purchased one of the early production run RC18T when they first became available. I dropped in an Orion Big Block motor and used GP1100 cells with the stock radio.

I then switched to a Kyosho Perfex (Airtronics MX-A AM) radio and stock AE receiver. No problem setting up the ESC.

Switched to using my Futaba 3PK with Spektrum. Installed the Spektrum Rx, set up the ESC as usual. No problem. I have been racing this set-up for a few months and never had any problem, works everytime and all the time. (I use the reverse disable function on the ESC for racing.)

???????

the problem only occured with the stock esc
Old 11-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I am wondering if anyone has a concrete answer yet on this...
Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

XPS ESC just crap or what? I'm not running Spektrum in this one. But having problems with throttle. I'm using MX-3 and 92836 RX.

I haven't played with my daughters 18T for a while. Just today, since i'm getting back into the swing of things in this hobby again. My girl asks if she could run her 18t. I was like "for sure". So I charged the pack up, put it in, and started having problems with the throttle. Steering works.

When I pull back on throttle gently to full. The truck moves fine, going slow to fast. But if I pull back to full quickly, the truck just blurps at full TH. Same actions in reverse as well. Could this be a battery problem, RX / TX, or ESC is crap.

BTW, I have reset the ESC to TX more then a hand full of times, thats not the problem. Also, I have uploaded a video showing my problem here:

Thanks for your time and help,
Nick
Old 02-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just got my 18R and I'm have the same problem with my 4PKS I get steering but no throttle and then my servo heats up after turning it a few times, but then I put my traxxas 2.4 radio gear in and it worked perfectly, it obviously doesn't like expensive radio systems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.