Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RCP Mini96 Track Oval Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 02:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RCP Mini96 Track Oval Question

Can or has anybody setup a mini-96 track for oval. Just bought it used. Plan on letting the grand kids set it up on Xmas day, maybe i won't get asked a million times "when are we going to open presents" and they know it won't be until after all are here and we had supper. I'm thinking Oval might be more fun to start with. They all have mr-03's from past birthdays and i have bowered them from time to time to race at our local track. I'm more interested if i have enough tiles to get three wide on the straights (the little ones will need it) or do i need to pick up more tiles.

Last edited by MylesB; 12-11-2023 at 03:28 AM.
Old 12-11-2023, 07:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Without buying blank tiles, you will just need to remove the rails from pieces you want to use in the middle and tape over the holes.
Old 12-11-2023, 10:47 AM
Tech Rookie

That's a great idea... I was thinking of using a 2X10 and round the cormers for the center, so that would work out for covering the holes. I just wasen't sure if i had enough tiles for 3 wide. Another idea is to get two cheep $10 dollar stur fry cooking pans and flipping them over; cut off the handles, maybe leave one on for an under the bridge moment, then cutting a groove for a wood or pvc pip for the center. Plow disks are too pricey. Plan on stopping at goodwill and Harbor Freight first. Probably need to bend the handle up for more bridge clearance I plan on putting the build and xmas racing experience on YouTube. I don't see anybody that turned a mini96 track into an oval on the net. 7 grand kids and there parants/dad's will be racing. The women will be to busy cackling.

Last edited by MylesB; 12-11-2023 at 10:59 AM.