Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree7769Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Tech Initiate

TRPScale.com? They don't seem to have much on their website. Looking for bearings first.

Rick
Old 01-06-2017, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Looks like SRCC Devils in Germany have good stock.

On order list so far:

PN Front king pin Shimms.
PN T-BAR MM Carbon # 5
PN Racing Mini-Z MR015 / 02 Dual Spring Center Shock Set MR2161
PN Spring Set MR2162
PN / ball bearing set / 7 bearings! Completely / PN Racing Mini Z 2WD Shield Hub Dry Ball Bearing Set (7pcs) 600129 600120

Not sure if I need shimms for other parts? I couldn't see any wheel nuts either.

Rick
Old 01-06-2017, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

TRP isn't the most user friendly site I have encountered but with enough navigational skills you can usually locate at least what you want. Whether it is in stock or not is another question. There are Italian sites but I have no idea on how they operate. At least TRP will respond to questions asked. You will be looking at customs duty concerns from wherever you buy so you might try RC Kenon(PN Racing) in the US.

I would suggest that you speak with others in your immediate area as to where they shop.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:04 PM
Tech Initiate

No customs from Germany to the UK SRCC have all the above in stock.

Is it worth going for some falloy suspension arms etc?

http://www.srcc-devils.de/mini-z-kyo...lenker/a-4900/
Old 01-06-2017, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

The pieces you linked are just parts of bigger parts that would be needed to complete the package and in my opinion are not a step in the right direction. For the old 02 yes. For the 03 certainly not. At this point I wouldn't go for anything other than the correct tires, a set of bearings and either a MZW409 or MZW403 T-plate set. Pick up a MZW417 servo gear just in case and put on your list MZW401 springs and MZW402 tie rod set. Track time with the car will take you farther than any of the kibble and bits that are available.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I reade several stories about KT-18 transmittes with broken triggers. I bought one cheap because of the broken trigger, and decided not only to fix it, but also improve on the design. In short, the part that fits around the throttle potentiometer is too thin. So I beefed that up. Also I made a spring bar to match, as it needs to fit around the beefed up trigger section.

In short:

Done!

A set will cost € 20,- (that's twenty euros) for a (grey-ish) black set, plus postage which is about € 5,- for the USA but I need to check per ZIP code. I ship world wide and only accept paypal.

For € 2,50 more you can choose your colour:
White / yellow / orange (as in the pics) / pink / red / light blue / dark blue / green (as in the pics) / brown.

In the future, for another € 5,- I will make your name or other text in the trigger on both sides. I will make an 'approvall drawing' first and too long words just don't fit. So if you want Richie Archibalt John William Boogieman the Third on there, I'll probably advise against it. But I am still working on that.

I will mail a PDF install manual when you buy, it is really straight forward. The manual will be in English soon, Dutch and German will be available after request.

The prototype you see in the pics is not 100% smooth, yours will be. The spring bar hole on the proto was too small, yours will be a direct fit of course. They are printed fully proffesionally and get an additional surface treatment for a smooth feel, no hobbyist-in-the-shed stuff. There is of course a lead time of usually two weeks as I have them printed on demand.

Contact per PM, please.

Cheers,

Hugo

Last edited by HugoW; 01-13-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

If anyone is willing to try, I have them on shapeways now. Dirt-cheap, but I haven't tested their quality. If you do, please let me know. These are the latest design.

http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=hugow&type=

Cheers,

Hugo
Old 01-31-2017, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got back into Mini-Z racing (Still dead in my area after all these years) with a MR-03S & was wondering do you guys have a best site (First site you always check) for buying hop ups? I broke my MM motor mount & figured I should just upgrade it.

Also what's up with the FETs on the MR-03S? only two? Do people have a new standard FET to upgrade with?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you!
Old 01-31-2017, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

In the US, either Kenon or A Main.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply!
Nice seeing Kenon still in business. I remember getting some MR-02 parts from them.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:02 AM
Tech Adept

Got my parts in.
Kenon seems to be offline now though. One of my PN Racing 70T motor screw holes was improperly threaded. Used an extra m2 screw to force re-thread. Kinda bummed about that. I'll probably trim the motor wires later.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

The place to be for Mini-z is mini-zracer.com and Tiny RC. I believe that you are already a member of at least one of these.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Tech Rookie

I finally bit the bullet and bought a MR-03S and a fair share of hop ups after being out of the hobby for about 8 years. Quick question: Which front end are people happy with? I like the PN double A Arm, the Levitezer and the Atomic front ends off of just some internet research. I right now have parts to just change the stock over to mostly aluminum with PN parts. Would it be worth it to change it to one of the others?
Old 02-06-2017, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

Atomic front su.......I have not figured that one out yet. Gave it to someone else... But I guess if you have the time and effort to make it work, it might work good.

Levitezer is awesome, except when you are trying to change the configuration a bit. Love this front. Hint: Magnets....dont do what YOU want them to. hihi

PN Wide Double A-Arm is just awesome. Easy to make it work. Only two things that makes these a hassle. 1) shims to set up caster. 2) set screws needs to be tightend.
But this is the one I would buy again.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mleemor60
The place to be for Mini-z is mini-zracer.com and Tiny RC. I believe that you are already a member of at least one of these.
I'm on Mini-z Racer. Just seems dead though

Made a rear diffuser and front splitter/bumper for my SC430

I still got to sand the diffuser down & get rid of the layer lines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.