Wiki Posts
Search

ELECTRONICS FOR A MICRO?...PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
ELECTRONICS FOR A MICRO?...PLEASE HELP

Im not new to rc but i am new to micro. I was wondering, can u use a standard speedo in a micro car? ie. a quantum2 with the standard 1/18 scale motors from trinity or orion etc? or do i have to use a micro specific speedo? any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As long as it's small enough, then you should have no trouble using it, that's why we've typically used micro-specific ESC's, just the size issue. The only thing one should worry about is using a micro ESC with a bigger car(since most of therm can't handle the amp draw of a serious 540-size motor)....
Old 07-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Thanks Grizzbob, i assumed that it would work but wanted to make sure before i fried anything. THANK YOU!
Old 07-29-2006, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

I allways recomend a 1/10 scale esc. There are plenty available of the same size as the so-called micros. Quatum sport is a good example. nearly identical in size and weight as the Quantum micro, but handles FAR more power! You end up with a more reliable speedo & better performance too.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Gotta agree with Dune on the Quantums. I run a sport in my M18 and it has been flawless. Check Ebay for some used ones cheap.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Biz_Nessman
Im not new to rc but i am new to micro. I was wondering, can u use a standard speedo in a micro car? ie. a quantum2 with the standard 1/18 scale motors from trinity or orion etc? or do i have to use a micro specific speedo? any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Alot depends on what your running, your budget and if you wanna save a few grams. For example Im running an M18 5 cell stock running on an RCP track. Thats not alot of horsepower in relationship to the traction. Small, light and low CG is very important. I use the spy. The price was right and it works great, but it wont handle 7 cell mod.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

NEW QUESTION GUYS

Do any of you guys know what the average amp draw is from a 1/18 scale buggy?
i know that it has to be less than a 1/10 scale but i have no idea how much less. thanks

Last edited by Biz_Nessman; 08-02-2006 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

The amp draw will depend on your choice of motor and gearing. A 300 size motor geared up will draw upwards of 20 amps if geared high enough. I have melted the solder off of a motor before by over gearing mine. The solder joint was pretty bad and I wasn't aware of the load I was subjecting it to. The sustained amp draw isn't that high though.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

As in 1/10, it depends on the motor/gearing & condition of the motor.
In general. it is WAY less than 1/10. Our little batteries don't even get hot. You can re-use the same pack or get one extra pack & alternate. Or get a LiPo and shoe-goo it in.
My Vendetta will run more than 45 minutes with a 1320 LiPo & the outrunner brushless I normally run on short to med. tracks. Run time goes down a bit when I change motors for bigger tracks.
Amp draw is probably no more than 1.5-2 amps with my ourunner in play.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I thought these forums are supposed to be about RC cars and NOT an adult site.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

I'm assuming your talking about Biz's avatar, eh?

Yeah I'd have to agree, thats going a little over the top.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by VR2L_DUDE
I thought these forums are supposed to be about RC cars and NOT an adult site.
You are right, these forums are about rc cars and if you read the t-shirt you'll notice that it IS rc related. thats why it says SCHUMACHER on the shirt. and just like the television if you dont like what you see CHANGE THE CHANNEL or in this case LEAVE THE THREAD. if you are offended by breasts under a t-shirt than you have more problems that cannot be solved on this site. and if you are spending your time focusing on avatars than you're missing the point of this site. so quit whining and enjoy the hobby. save your complaining for something important.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

most ppl just go brushless these days...
Old 08-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Biz_Nessman
You are right, these forums are about rc cars and if you read the t-shirt you'll notice that it IS rc related. thats why it says SCHUMACHER on the shirt. and just like the television if you dont like what you see CHANGE THE CHANNEL or in this case LEAVE THE THREAD. if you are offended by breasts under a t-shirt than you have more problems that cannot be solved on this site. and if you are spending your time focusing on avatars than you're missing the point of this site. so quit whining and enjoy the hobby. save your complaining for something important.
I think it has a little more with the fact that her whole nipple is peircing the shirt...
Old 08-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Looks OK to me! I couldn't figure out what he was talking about, till I read further down & caught the avatar reference. I kept re-reading my post, trying to find an offensive statement .
Hey biz, maybe you could make em' jiggle like proud savage guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.