Search
Like Tree9Likes

Micro RS4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Micro RS4 Thread

Just starting a micro RS4 thread a place to post pics, help with mods and setup tips..
Old 06-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thachowman this is in response to your post in the other thread. thought it would be better served here.

you may want to get a little stronger servo?

maybe look into a better chassis? Like a Penguin R/C P3500 series.
or if you have a stock chassis you can use it and cut about a 5-7mm slot on either side of the chassis where the rear pod meets the main chassis area.

what wheelbase are you running? the shorter 140mm wb usually offers better steering response. and have not heard of to many guys that like the GPM X-shocks if that's what your running? most seem to like the stock suspension set up better.

good luck with your racing! give em hell!
Old 06-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Here is a new six cell chassis for the MICRO RS4. YOU CAN USE ANY BODY WITH THIS CHASSIS.
Attached Thumbnails Micro RS4 Thread-picture-188.jpg   Micro RS4 Thread-picture-242.jpg   Micro RS4 Thread-picture-183.jpg  
Old 06-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Interesting design. Would probably make for a good drifter setup.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigb11
Here is a new six cell chassis for the MICRO RS4. YOU CAN USE ANY BODY WITH THIS CHASSIS.
IMHO, I think that's a pretty bad design, having cells up that high will be horrible for handling, it'll want to roll so much.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xtant3150c
thachowman this is in response to your post in the other thread. thought it would be better served here.

you may want to get a little stronger servo?

maybe look into a better chassis? Like a Penguin R/C P3500 series.
or if you have a stock chassis you can use it and cut about a 5-7mm slot on either side of the chassis where the rear pod meets the main chassis area.

what wheelbase are you running? the shorter 140mm wb usually offers better steering response. and have not heard of to many guys that like the GPM X-shocks if that's what your running? most seem to like the stock suspension set up better.

good luck with your racing! give em hell!
I find the HS55 not bad at all it was in my MIni T but as I am upgrading that I threw it in the RS4, and I wouldn't mind the penguin chassis but $$$ at the moment, the chassis on it now is not stock but I am unsure of what type it is as I bought it secondhand, I think that it is a GPM chassis .

I am running a 150mm wheel base atm, but I will try a 140mm when I get a belt and body, and yes it is the GPM X-shocks as far as I know.

But I think I may have just found a way to beat them ..

I have just bought an Xray M18 as well.. Hay if you cant beat em join em hey. I am still gonna work on the RS4 , but the M18 will be the main car now, I just am awaiting delivery so I'll keep you all posted on it's progress.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

What chassis is this and who sells them?

Old 06-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SteveM
What chassis is this and who sells them?
I wouldn't get that chassis. You would be much better off with a pan style chassis. The 2 best in my opinion are the Motec EXO2 and the Penguin. I would have to give the edge to the Penguin for the simple reason that they seem to have better availability. Motec seems to have left the micro rs4 behind.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

stevem, i do it was made so you could use any width body with six cell.

rapid roy, the best chassis is the RATZAS chassis without dought!!!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

stevem, i do it was made so you could use any width body with six cell.

rapid roy, the best chassis is the RATZAS chassis without dought!!!!!
Why do you think the Ratzas chassis the best? Both the EXO2 and the Penguin chassis have an active rear suspension pod which makes it handle much better. I'm pretty sure the Penguin can also be run either 140mm or 150mm which will allow the use of any body. The EXO2 is only 150mm. I have been using a GTP style porsche body on mine which is 150mm. Its ultra low and produces a lot of down force.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have seen many micros in my time some very fast and some very slow but this thing is the best reaction i have every made faster then my NTC3 with a novva rossi im not going to tell u wha i ahve in it the only thing is u can look at the body as u can tell or maybe u cant it has great steering
Old 06-30-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Rapid Roy, the RATZAS chassis has all the adjustment the other do (140 or 150). the first one had 4 springs attached to the tail section, then it went to tail peices with different thicknesses. remember all pan chassis are wide, this limits the body width, thats why i designed my chassis. it really is not top heavy. i have raced ratzas since the beginning. that why i like them so mucn.
Attached Thumbnails Micro RS4 Thread-picture-041.jpg   Micro RS4 Thread-picture-024.jpg   Micro RS4 Thread-picture-100.jpg  
Old 06-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Rapid Roy, the RATZAS chassis has all the adjustment the other do (140 or 150). the first one had 4 springs attached to the tail section, then it went to tail peices with different thicknesses. remember all pan chassis are wide, this limits the body width, thats why i designed my chassis. it really is not top heavy. i have raced ratzas since the beginning. that why i like them so mucn.
Ok, now I see what you are talking about. That Ratzas chassis is really wide. I haven't had any fitment problems with my Motek chassis. Looking at Penguins site, I see they have chassis with 3 different widths.

I also took a look at Motek's site and they have discontinued the Micro RS4 chassis. They only sell parts now.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 18SS
i have seen many micros in my time some very fast and some very slow but this thing is the best reaction i have every made faster then my NTC3 with a novva rossi im not going to tell u wha i ahve in it the only thing is u can look at the body as u can tell or maybe u cant it has great steering
Say whaaaatttt!!?!?!?? You posts would be a lot easier to read if you used some punctuation.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

here is one of the newest chassis available for the mRS4 - Dragon Racing Products "Griffin" chassis...

I've been running mine about 3 or 4 weeks and I gotta say I am very impressed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.