Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree337Likes

Mini-t 2.0!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pretty sure this is the video you saw. Tires are part # 41009. They've been out of stock everywhere for a little while I believe.
That was it, -thanks!
Old 06-09-2020, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

My Mini T 2 shocks came yesterday, I haven't set them up yet, but they look really nice and appear to be high quality. I'll post photos and my review once I get them installed.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Foams for the Mini T
AndreyR likes this.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:38 AM
Tech Initiate

What are good tires for on-road use? Ordered two mini-t's
Old 06-09-2020, 09:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by AndreyR
What are good tires for on-road use? Ordered two mini-t's
There’s limited options currently. Unless get the wheel adapters, then could even use touring car tires.
AndreyR likes this.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

okay, update on the aluminum shocks. THEY ARE POINTLESS.
They have the same horrible design as the plastic ones. Only difference I see is that the housing is aluminum rather than plastic. I paid $50 for a full set of shocks that really offer no added benefit compared to the stock plastic ones. The aluminum ones are a 1 piece design, where the caps are molded to the body. You have to fill the shocks from the bottom. Why Losi did this is not something I understand. It makes filling them really difficult and really difficult to seal w/ air bubbles removed.

Had I done this again I personally would have found a similar shock from a different brand that matched the size of the stock Losi shocks. It's my only complaint w/ this car, yet to me it is a big one.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by eR1c
okay, update on the aluminum shocks. THEY ARE POINTLESS.
They have the same horrible design as the plastic ones. Only difference I see is that the housing is aluminum rather than plastic. I paid $50 for a full set of shocks that really offer no added benefit compared to the stock plastic ones. The aluminum ones are a 1 piece design, where the caps are molded to the body. You have to fill the shocks from the bottom. Why Losi did this is not something I understand. It makes filling them really difficult and really difficult to seal w/ air bubbles removed.

Had I done this again I personally would have found a similar shock from a different brand that matched the size of the stock Losi shocks. It's my only complaint w/ this car, yet to me it is a big one.
So it’s bottom fill on the aluminum shocks. I’d not heard that brought up
Old 06-09-2020, 11:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
There’s limited options currently. Unless get the wheel adapters, then could even use touring car tires.
I joined mini-t FB group, but don't see how much those foam tires + 3D printed wheels are with shipping. Could you tell please how much you paid for them?
Old 06-09-2020, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

yes, bottom filled on the aluminum as well. Really sucks.
Save yourself the money, the plastic ones are just as "good" in my opinion.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:33 AM
Tech Prophet

I joined mini-t FB group, but don't see how much those foam tires + 3D printed wheels are with shipping. Could you tell please how much you paid for them?
I paid $40 shipped. He sold out the first order. He’s expecting about a month for next batch to be available.
AndreyR likes this.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:01 PM
Tech Prophet

AndreyR likes this.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Found it, thanks!
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone happen to know if the differential from the 2.0 will fit the 1.0 transmission? Badly need a set of diff gears for the older transmission.
Old 06-09-2020, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
yes, bottom filled on the aluminum as well. Really sucks.
Save yourself the money, the plastic ones are just as "good" in my opinion.
The plastic ones are just as "good" but the aluminum ones sure look cooler!
I would imagine the aluminum bodies to be a little smoother/lower friction than the plastic bodies, so there maybe a subtle performance benefit there. It would really have been nice if they built the shock like a modern top-filled shock though and not like a copy of the xxx-t shocks from 2003 LOL
Old 06-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

The plastic ones are just as "good" but the aluminum ones sure look cooler!
I would imagine the aluminum bodies to be a little smoother/lower friction than the plastic bodies, so there maybe a subtle performance benefit there. It would really have been nice if they built the shock like a modern top-filled shock though and not like a copy of the xxx-t shocks from 2003 LOL
I was hoping that the aluminum would at least be smoother, -if they are I can not tell a difference. I built the aluminum ones and seriously compressed both the aluminum and plastic in my hands and could not tell a difference at all. The plastic's are fine in my opinion (w/ the exception of the backwards design). The aluminum are just for bling as far as I am concerned. I put them on my mini-t 2, yet to be honest the solid black plastic ones look just as sick ...I kind of even like the solid black a bit better. I have my oil filled TE 18R "factory team" shocks which I pulled out, they are much much nicer than the aluminum Losi ones. In fact they are about the same size and could probably be modded to work ...something I may consider at some point.

I spent $50 for the full set of aluminum shocks, to be honest the $50 could have been spent on an upgraded esc/motor combo ...that would have provided a much better performance increase for the money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.