Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LiFe 3s 4500

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default LiFe 3s 4500

Have anyone tried a pair of these in the Savage Flux battery boxes? Will they fit is my question.
http://www.maxamps.com/Life-4500-99-Pack.htm

Thanks!

Old 12-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If you decide to try these please PM and let me know what you think. been looking at these for some time now and after Christmas I will purchasing new batteries so first hand info on these would rock.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

the maxamps 4500 3s LiFe pack is too thick to fit in the savage flux battery trays. the biggest LiFe pack you can fit in there is 2s 4500. it will go slower than lipo packs and won't have as much punch, but you can recharge the packs pretty damn fast.

btw, 1st post! i have years of experience with both nitro and brushless trucks and you might recognize me from rcu and rc-m. i have been browsing this forum and so far, i like it
Old 12-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

That is correct the 9.9 volt Green series 4500's won't fit. The 6.6 4500 green series pack will but your talking about 10 to 12 minutes of solid run time. We don't really market them at this point for the larger 1/8th scale power systems because the low run time but they do work. I was seeing consistent 12 minute runs with my Caster Fusion EX-1 with a CC 2650 geared up a bit to maintain speed.

Jason
Old 12-31-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i was thinking about getting one of these too and using it in my hyper sc10. was thinking of running either a vxl or novak hv5.5. i know you can run these without a low voltage cutoff, but do you get the full capacity of the battery or 80% like a lipo?? i'm kinda new to life packs, but they seem promissing... if i am happy with it i plan on getting a 5s pack for my rc8e
Old 12-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hlb14
i was thinking about getting one of these too and using it in my hyper sc10. was thinking of running either a vxl or novak hv5.5. i know you can run these without a low voltage cutoff, but do you get the full capacity of the battery or 80% like a lipo?? i'm kinda new to life packs, but they seem promissing... if i am happy with it i plan on getting a 5s pack for my rc8e
If you run it down to 4.8 volts to 5.0 volts you'll get the whole capacity of the pack. You need to realize these don't just drop off like a li-Po they will run out just like a NimH pack but will hold the voltage like a Li-Po. Look at a higher KV 2S motor like a 6900 or 7700 if your going to run in an sc truck.

Jason