Wiki Posts
Search

Status on Maxamps packs acceptance with Roar

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:52 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Austin,

It may be beneficial to give a phone call direclty to Dawn Sanchez. Email can be a funny thing and either lost, stuck in a spam folder, or just ignored.

Did they say exactly what about your packs failed to meet there requirements and did they confuse the pack with say the skinz that you sell?

Good luck. I hope this gets worked out ASAP as I know people who are holding off on your packs till they see ROAR approval on them.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

This was the only response we were given. "the hard cases covering the Max Amp lipo batteries received in our lab do not meet the requirements of the hard case rules"

No more no less. As far as we know they never even tested the packs. Keep an eye on us we will have a response to this in a few weeks. ROAR hasn't heard the last from us yet.

Jason
Old 04-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
This was the only response we were given. "the hard cases covering the Max Amp lipo batteries received in our lab do not meet the requirements of the hard case rules"

No more no less. As far as we know they never even tested the packs. Keep an eye on us we will have a response to this in a few weeks. ROAR hasn't heard the last from us yet.

Jason
I'm glad to here your not giving up becouse these are great packs.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Legend

Was this the SS or the Skinz packs they tested?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have my own theories as to why this is, but I shall keep them to myself.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

As stated in another thread the original Skin packs were never sent in because we were told that the skin didn't meet the requirements of a case. We sent in the SS pack and they never even tested it as far as we know, we never got any results from them. They got the two packs and that was the last we had seen of them. All we were told was what is listed above in the other post. They are claiming that the cases need to be a two piece case made from plastic and held together with stickers. We tested are SS pack with the same rules that they have for testing and it passed all of them. They just want the cases to be to thier specifications I guess. As I said we don't know any more than that.

Jason
Old 04-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sabin
I have my own theories as to why this is, but I shall keep them to myself.
Well you didn't really keep it to yourself now did ya'. Please what's your theory on this? I'm curious as I am sure others are also.

Jason
Old 04-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Normally I don't indulge in speculation of this type; but since people seem to be interested, here is my theory

Caveat: this is not a flame to any companies so please don't take it as such. This is merely an observation on my part

ROAR's acceptance of Lipo has been rather slow, as you know. Waves were made and management looked into approval. After some time, the first hard case to be approved was a design by Team Orion. Since ROAR has been rather picky with case design I can only hazard a guess that Orion packs have the only 'approved' hard case design. Other companies might copy Orion's design, which could mean royalties.

If other manufacturers' designs meet all required safety criteria and are still not approved, it could mean that there is 'design exclusivity' involved.

Again: this is merely a theory, and time will tell. I find it very strange that ROAR would be this vague about approval.

Last edited by Sabin; 04-22-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sabin
Normally I don't indulge in speculation of this type; but since people seem to be interested, here is my theory

Caveat: this is not a flame to any companies so please don't take it as such. This is merely an observation on my part

ROAR's acceptance of Lipo has been rather slow, as you know. Waves were made and management looked into approval. After some time, the first hard case to be approved was a design by Team Orion. Since ROAR has been rather picky with case design I can only hazard a guess that Orion packs have the only 'approved' hard case design. Other companies might copy Orion's design, which could mean royalties.

If other manufacturers' designs meet all required safety criteria and are still not approved, it could mean that there is 'design exclusivity' involved.

Again: this is merely a theory, and time will tell. I find it very strange that ROAR would be this vague about approval.

Kinda funny ain't it.

Jason

30 days or so guys and you'll see the new 30C hard cased pack.

Jason
Old 04-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

yea.. it reminded me of the brushless motor acceptance. Instead of settling on Kv ratings, they instead went with .5 wind configurations, causing every other manufacturer other than Novak to change their design. made me go
Old 04-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are you going to make a hump pack with a hard case? For b44/ j concepts?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Do you mean a saddle pack? As far as I know ROAR isn't allowing saddle packs yet.

Jason
Old 05-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ROAR just approved the Trakpower saddle pack, You guy's better get on the ball with a new design.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by X God
ROAR just approved the Trakpower saddle pack, You guy's better get on the ball with a new design.
Funny I don't see it on the ROAR approval page nor do I see a listing for cased saddle pack specs. They don't have anything in the rules yet either.

Jason
Old 05-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps
Funny I don't see it on the ROAR approval page nor do I see a listing for cased saddle pack specs. They don't have anything in the rules yet either.

Jason
Jason,

Its listed here:

Li - Poly Trackpower (4800) TP48002SSP 4/11/2008

Looking at the stock number, that is the saddle pack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.