Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Company/Manufacturer Forums > MaxAmps Support Forum
express shipping from maxx amps ---- NOT!!! >

express shipping from maxx amps ---- NOT!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

express shipping from maxx amps ---- NOT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default express shipping from maxx amps ---- NOT!!!

just thought id share my expereince ordering from max amps

i ordered a 3 cell lipo from maxx amps on dec 4th. paid extra for express shipping to me(i live in canada) and was told it would arrive in 3-5 days. well its now dec 17th and i havent recieved jack shit.

i had ordered this battery for a big race that i was entered in. needless to say the race has come and gone and still no battery from max amps.

i called them and talked to a guy and he informed me that although i placed my order on dec 4th it didnt even get shipped until dec 10th. if you check the website it doesnt say anything about any delays in shipping batteries except for sddle pack lipos for a b44. ( the site says allow 2 weeks for shipping)

now the joke here is two of my racing buddies ordered saddle packs for their b44s the SAME DAY i ordered my 3 cell lipo and they got their batteries in the mail a week ago.

suffice to say i think that this is a joke . anytime i have placed an order from A MAIN HOBBIES and paid extra for express shipping it always arrives at my doorstep with 2 days. now that my friends is service.

maxx amps idea of service is to make somebody wait weeks on end while charging extra for express shipping.

they even sent me an email saying that one of their managers would contact me to resolve this and i havent heard back from them since.

i wouldnt recommend maxx amps to anyone and i wont be buying so much as a piece of shrink tubing from these guys again.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I'm sorry you feel that way, I do know that it might take a little longer for max Amps to get the battery out becouse they dont make it untill you buy it, so you havent got a battery that has been laying on a shelf somewhere for the last 6 or 7 months loosing life you get a NEW battery. And shipping anything this time of year is miserable and stuff is lost or heldup in customs all the time and for NO reason.

I do know shipping to canada can take a really long time. I shipped a car over there once and it took it 43 days to get to the guy becouse of customs. For that reason I dont ship across the border anymore.

Again I'm sorry about your bad luck I hope it all works out. I'd call them back.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

I'm sorry for the delay and I am checking into this right now. But as stated in the other post there is a possiblity that it's stuck in customs. This has happened before and there isn't anything we can do about it. They can and will randomly hold packages whenever they want. As for the pack being ordered on the 4th and not shipping until the 10th that may be a day longer than the normal turn around time for a pack in production this time of year. As stated we make the packs as they are ordered and with the Holidays getting closer everyday we are working as hard as we can to keep the production line moving. So yes express shipping should have gotten it to you within 3-to 5 days of the 10th when it left the shop. So technically your at the end of that time period and you should see the pack soon. But at this point I would be looking at Customs.

Jason
Old 12-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Last edited by HD-F1; 12-18-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default blaming customs for delays in shipping products

i think that usps isnt as efficient shipping packages quickly as ups is.

anytime ive ordered from A MAIN HOBBIES i paid extra for ups air express shipping and its alway got to my doorstep in 2 days maximum and it didnt matter if it was holiday season , busy times etc. and not once did i have any delays with canada customs

im guessing my order has been delayed because the express shipping option that i paid for is by ground and not air.

i assumed it was air express like ups offers. i wish maxx amps would offer ups air express as a shipping option. if they did ill bet i would of had my battery in 3 days tops even during the busy season.

since this was my first time ordering from maxx amps they should have told me when i placed my order that it would take a week to actually ship it. if i had known this i would have tried to order it earlier than i did.

and im still waiting for a manager to contact me regarding my order.

at this point im not sure what i should do.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thrash metal
i think that usps isnt as efficient shipping packages quickly as ups is.
USPS stands for United States Postal Service. In other words, they're just like Canada Post. So I think the problem lies with the mail company, not MaxAmps.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Have you called back?
Next time call them when you order and see if they can work out an air delivery, I'm sure they'll try to work with you.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Yes, I have bought several packs, balancers and chargers and they have been adequate in their service. If you give them a call I'm sure there can be a resolution to this problem.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

I dont have anything good to say about them either. I placed an order with them for 2 6000's and a 4200. When I called to find out about my order a week later they said "ooops somehow it got overlooked, I will make sure they get it out today." Now for the really BAD part. When my order did finally show up (late for my kids birthday I might add) the box only had 1 Lipo in it not 2 like I had paid for. They did make good and send me another one in just a few days but that came without the DEANS I paid for on it or the correct balance plug. WTH ? I wont buy another thing from them.

This is how my experience with the RC world has been going. I am new to the hobby. I may not last to long if things keep going like this though. I bought a NEW FT T4 and a bunch of parts were missing from the box. I put in it a Mamba 5700, on the 3rd battery the motor smoked, and of course Castle is out of them and still is 6 week later. Now this deal with Max Amps. I just cant believe this _hit.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Have they refunded you the money for the deans and adaptor?
Old 12-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ROBBSRACING
I dont have anything good to say about them either. I placed an order with them for 2 6000's and a 4200. When I called to find out about my order a week later they said "ooops somehow it got overlooked, I will make sure they get it out today." Now for the really BAD part. When my order did finally show up (late for my kids birthday I might add) the box only had 1 Lipo in it not 2 like I had paid for. They did make good and send me another one in just a few days but that came without the DEANS I paid for on it or the correct balance plug. WTH ? I wont buy another thing from them.

This is how my experience with the RC world has been going. I am new to the hobby. I may not last to long if things keep going like this though. I bought a NEW FT T4 and a bunch of parts were missing from the box. I put in it a Mamba 5700, on the 3rd battery the motor smoked, and of course Castle is out of them and still is 6 week later. Now this deal with Max Amps. I just cant believe this _hit.
I'm sorry for the problems that occured with your first order with us. If you'll PM me your Addy I will make sure that you get the DEANS Connector and an adapter for the balance tap that is owed to you. I also remeber your e-mails a week or so ago and we did take care of this a fast as we could considering that it's an extremely busy time of year. I hope you will come back as I can assure you that this won't happen again as we have learned from this x-mas season and made some changes that should help in the future. I'm sorry that you have had a bad experience overall with the Hobby but by remaining calm and contacting the companies as soon as you can about problems will make any dealings in the future much easier. This is why I'm active on 18 different sites, My e-mail is listed and our 1-888-654-4450 number is listed on the site. I can always be reached if a problem does arise.

Jason
Old 12-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

I did get the missing battery in just a couple days.

You only get one chance to make a first impression though.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You can't please all the people all the time. Maxx Amps shipped on time and it arrived at my door in 3 days. Great service and great batteries. I will be buying again.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys in defense I must say this even prior to getting sponsored by Maxamps I had no problem in any of the orders that I made with them and even after my care packages arrive with no delay in fact most times faster than normal.

This time of year is horrible on mail let alone something going to Canada. I had problems for a letter coming from VA to NY. The guys do a bang up job on the cells and I am sure the oversights will be corrected.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kcrunchone
Guys in defense I must say this even prior to getting sponsored by Maxamps I had no problem in any of the orders that I made with them and even after my care packages arrive with no delay in fact most times faster than normal.

This time of year is horrible on mail let alone something going to Canada. I had problems for a letter coming from VA to NY. The guys do a bang up job on the cells and I am sure the oversights will be corrected.
Things happen and I agree, once you get their batteries and run them you'll know you made the right decision to get maxamp'd. May speed reign supreme!

Last edited by Victory Side; 12-27-2007 at 08:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.