2013-2014 Indoor Season Update

Old 10-19-2013, 03:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A few years ago we had one pole to work around. We cut a slit in the carpet to slide around the pole. The seam was positioned so the pole was near the edge. A five gallon bucket was cut up to wrap around the pole to provide a little protection with crashes. My truck had some type of pole magnet in it...I swear.

Poles can be worked around. They do somewhat dictate what can be done for the jumps and layouts. We are semi-bright boys. We will figure out things as we come across them as usual.

How goes the negotiations on this building? Any other leads out there? Hopefully we haven't stopped looking.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

Jeff.... Are you saying your truck was "pole-ish"
Old 10-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fast Racing
Jeff.... Are you saying your truck was "pole-ish"
Maybe, but he always had an eye on it...
Old 10-20-2013, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"We are semi-bright boys."
This could be debated
Old 10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Here is the scoop with the Building on Index Road.

I spoke with Louie – he is willing to rent us the building for $1000 a month, utilities included. We can move in the last week of October.

His concerns are:
-Utilities – he wants us to keep the heat and lights to a minimum – turning them off when not in use. If they get out of control we will have to pay more rent.
-Sundays – the other tenant is a church and has service from 9-noon on Sundays – so we can’t be running the halls yelling and screaming.
-Full rent tenant – If a full rent tenant ($10,000 per month) comes along we have to move – he will give us as much notice as possible but he can’t promise. If he has another suitable space available we can move into it.
-Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking: he wants none of it.

Moving forward he instructed me to contact his son Leon to make the arrangements. I informed him I will need to get board/member approval to move forward, and thought that would take a week or so.

So – members and more importantly board members please respond or PM me with how you wish to proceed.

My Opinion: The building will work – is it perfect no, but it is better than nothing.

Pros:
- Size: Its big, more space than needed
- Rent: very reasonable
- Amenities: Bathrooms, Adequate Electricity, Good Lighting
- Landlord: seems very easy going and seems to understands who we are.

Cons:
- Access to space is a little bit of a maze, the space does have one door that goes directly to the outside but it goes out onto dirt/grass/stone – which come snow/wet season will be a mess as we will track in dirt, etc.
- Parking will likely be OK, but may not be enough – meaning overflow onto the street.
- Poles – the poles are 25’ apart. I am sure we can work with them – but they are a Con.
- There is a lot of “common space” between the rental areas - Not sure how to explain but it may be a minor problem.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Let get our stuff out of storage and get up and running. I am giving our notice we will be out of storage by the end of Nov 3rd.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

the best way to explain louies buildings is that its like a mall.....common hallways, leading to your unit....
Old 10-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

I would say keep looking. Lets not jump at the first thing we find. The poles and some of his "wants" are very con to me. But it's always an option.
Daryl
Old 10-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dayglo33
I would say keep looking. Lets not jump at the first thing we find. The poles and some of his "wants" are very con to me. But it's always an option.
Daryl
Agreed
Old 10-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok I'll take the easy one. They say if you want to play it safe you have to wrap your pole

not to be disrespectful in any way and I say this with a smile(i am a joker but no one knows that yet).. have you read The Little Red Hen?
so if your holding out on any phone numbers or contacts you know of please send them my way or anybody. cause if you notice the posts I did there is a bunch no's on anything and with the bigger estate people

I have a few of craigs lists ads from last night but I didn't have a chance to call anyone today or replay...

Last edited by JACKSON; 10-21-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: more info
Old 10-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

And we thank you tony
I think it will work great the price is right I won't bitch
I say pull the trigger and go racing
It's been a long hard process for those looking for buildings I would be glad if we could call the search over..
My two cents
Spike
Old 10-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Rookie

OH but there are just a few more to call.... but its Craig's list I should not hold my breath
some are too good to be true..I'll write them down this time cause my paper doesn't freeze or crash..
Old 10-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dayglo33
Daryl
+1

Last edited by The Czechexican; 10-22-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

As far as I'm concerned, this is the right place. I guess I am surprised to hear people say otherwise. I would like to get us up and running there by November 9th (or November 2nd even). I think the chances of finding about 13,000 sqft for $1000 are slim to none. The landlord and his son sound like they will be flexible. This site requires little to no prep work. I'm sure our track design team can create a layout that minimizes the poles.

I am willing to bet our club is ready to reconvene and get racing. At this rent level, we can even afford a paid racing commentator. We are paying $330 a month for storage. We have to give 10 notice to vacate our storage. Since it is ten days to the end of the month, I gave our notice today.

Ok so I am a little excited...
Old 10-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

How wide is the carpet? If we use the building we might have to cut up $1000s worth of carpet to fit around the poles.

Lets not rush into things and make poor choices...

Last edited by whitrzac; 10-21-2013 at 06:33 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.