Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 outdoor season

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Anybody have a spare track groomer like this one laying around their garage?

http://www.parmacompany.com/indexgroomer.html
Old 04-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

I understand about the late notice. It was for the younger racers who are on spring break and need something to do and may read this yet tonight or in the morning.

No one is an expert track builder, it's more like build and see if it works! You bring up a good point though, I think alot of the guys don't really know what to do to repair the jumps and ruts and are scared to try. It really is a try and see type of thing. If it works great, other wise you just have to keep reworking the face until you get the slope you want. And if someone yells at you for doing it wrong, tell em to piss off because no one else was doing it!
Daryl
Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

if we could get a good 10 people to come and help build the track it would be done in no time but instead we are having the same 5-6 people every time. i really personally dont see a huge issue with the dirt, yeah its loose but you just got to know how to drive on it thats it. you cant just think that every track is going to be the same... just think if all tracks were meant to be the same then you wouldnt have all these different setups and tires and tire inserts. tracks should be different so that it takes skill to be good on all of them. thats just what i think...
Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJsucksatrc
if we could get a good 10 people to come and help build the track it would be done in no time but instead we are having the same 5-6 people every time. i really personally dont see a huge issue with the dirt, yeah its loose but you just got to know how to drive on it thats it. you cant just think that every track is going to be the same... just think if all tracks were meant to be the same then you wouldnt have all these different setups and tires and tire inserts. tracks should be different so that it takes skill to be good on all of them. thats just what i think...
I'm not saying that the track should be the same as others just saying using a little more clay in the mixture would help the track last longer with less maintenance. And yeah ej we all can see you know how to drive on different track surfaces.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

and i didnt say that i can drive on different surfaces. i meant that having different surfaces provides for a bit of extra difficulty
Old 04-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

and i didnt say that i can drive on different surfaces. i meant that having different surfaces provides for a bit of extra difficulty
It also provides buying more tires and changing more on your setup to be competitive at other tracks
Old 04-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

i have to say that our track doesnt even come close to eating tires if you can go a month without having to buy tires the track is fine if you cant its cause youre pulling the trigger to much. if you know you dont have the money to buy tires all the time you have to drive smother and maybe even not drive as much. as for the set ups thats all in racing, so if you dont want to change your set up then stay at one track its that simple
Old 04-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

i have to say that our track doesnt even come close to eating tires if you can go a month without having to buy tires the track is fine if you cant its cause youre pulling the trigger to much. if you know you dont have the money to buy tires all the time you have to drive smother and maybe even not drive as much. as for the set ups thats all in racing, so if you dont want to change your set up then stay at one track its that simple
I didn't say the track eats tires I wish it did then we'd have more traction I said you need to buy different tires to race elsewhere.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
As for the dirt goes I guess I was the one who brought it up on here, although there has been others asking about it all winter. I think it was Matt lust who posted it would cost a lot to get a load of "dirt", well I asked my dad who works for a trucking outfit in green bay and he said most companys are happy just to get rid of the clay and would only charge for delivery which may be up to $200 a load (not saying clay is the way to go but seems to me that it wouldn't be very expensive). If the "CLUB" might be interested in some clay I watch contractors who pay to get rid of clay because the city doesn't allow them to backfill with it I would be willing to ask around to see if one of them would be willing to dump a load or two at our track for a discounted price.

Adam

If 1 or 2 loads is all it would take great, but I hate to say it would take more like 20 to 40. Raceworld in Indiana took 50 dump truck loads of clay to build there indoor track, which is smaller than ours.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RMKinWI
If 1 or 2 loads is all it would take great, but I hate to say it would take more like 20 to 40. Raceworld in Indiana took 50 dump truck loads of clay to build there indoor track, which is smaller than ours.
It doesn't have to be 100% clay just a higher content of clay Mixted in would be more durable meaning more racing and less work
Old 04-04-2012, 04:08 AM
Tech Initiate

I really like MARCCA's track. Thanks to the guys that put in the time and hard work to make it that way. You guys are doing a great job! And a special thanks to Terry for allowing him to let us have the track there. Just remember guys...... Haters will always hate.

Thanks again MAARCA,

Jake
Old 04-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Wisconsin Surplus Online Auction is currently conducting an auction of a Equipment Rental Shop in Richland Center, WI (Grand Rental Station Auction #12203-51 ending April 9).

We are selling everything from Skid Steers, Plate Compactors, Tables, Pumps, Water Tanks, tents, and other items that maybe of interest to Marcca.

Wouldn't it be nice to own a skid steer and compactor? I'd rather spend money on tools than dirt.

Just an idea.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RMKinWI
Wisconsin Surplus Online Auction is currently conducting an auction of a Equipment Rental Shop in Richland Center, WI (Grand Rental Station Auction #12203-51 ending April 9).

We are selling everything from Skid Steers, Plate Compactors, Tables, Pumps, Water Tanks, tents, and other items that maybe of interest to Marcca.

Wouldn't it be nice to own a skid steer and compactor? I'd rather spend money on tools than dirt.

Just an idea.

+1
Old 04-04-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
I didn't say the track eats tires I wish it did then we'd have more traction I said you need to buy different tires to race elsewhere.
As of right now, I have 4 sets of tires to use on the truggy. Granted they are all in the soft compound and ranging from a small pin to a big pin, you need to have different tires for one track. Are you going to use the same tires on a dry dusty day as you would at the night race where there is moisture coming up from the ground and blue grooving the track, no.

It all depends on how you want to be as a racer. Do you want to just have fun? Do you want to be competitive and have fun? Do you want to win and have fun?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Tools are also a very good idea and yes I would agree tools are better than dirt anything to that may make the track better I am all for it.
Sorry for my rants but I guess that shows that Ido care about the club and its image. I do not mean to take anithing away from the great guys doing the work I know they do the best they can with what is availabe to them. Thank you MARCCA is a great and fun place to race I just think if we can improve something why not do it.
Adam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.