Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MARCCA Indoor Season 2004-05

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Default MARCCA Indoor Season 2004-05

Plans for the indoor season at MARCCA will be announced here and at www.marcca.com sometime this coming Sunday following the MARCCA board meeting. We have secured a large building and have ordered racing carpet. We hope to be racing within a couple of weeks. After the board oks the plans, letters will be sent to MARCCA members giving directions to the new track and details of the racing program. We will also post directions and details here and at www.marcca.com.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default MARCCA 2004-2005 Indoor Season

The MARCCA indoor season will begin on the weekend of October 23-24. The season will begin with the following schedule.

Trucks race every Saturday. Doors open at 1 PM, registration closes at 4:45 PM and qualifiers begin at 5 PM.

Sedans race every Sunday. Doors open at 10 AM, registration closes at 12:15 PM and qualifiers begin at 12:30 PM.

We will add additional race sessions and practice sessions shortly after the beginning of the season.

We have secured a large building near the location of last year's track. New racing carpet is ordered and will arrive for the beginning of the season.

Directions to the MARCCA track: Proceeding south on Stoughton Rd. (Hwy. 51) turn left (east) onto Pflaum Rd., next turn right (south) onto Advance Rd., and then turn right onto Progress Road. The track is on the right hand side of the street. There is parking in front of the building and plenty of parking in the rear of the building. The address is 2734 Progress Road.

See the attached file for a map.
Attached Thumbnails MARCCA Indoor Season 2004-05-marcca2005map.gif  
Old 10-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Who's idea was it to go head to head with Trackside on Sunday?
Old 10-10-2004, 02:15 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Umm thats the same time schedule they had last year. I doubt it was something to compete with Trackside.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

you're right, there will be no competition. Read into that whatever you'd like.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Gary you should attend a Marcca board meeting and bring this up.
We already have set a schedule and it's the same as last year.
If you are interested in helping Marcca out then you are invited to help us move into our new location next Sat, from 9 a.m-Done.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by robob
We already have set a schedule and it's the same as last year.
If you are interested in helping Marcca out then you are invited to help us move into our new location next Sat, from 9 a.m-Done.
why would he waste his time?????others have tried to get marcca's schedule to change to no avail....at this point i dont think it matters......
Old 10-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I thought that if it was so important to express an interest in Marcca's schedule, Then he must have a interest in Marcca and I simply gave him some options on how to be helpful.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:23 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by robob
Why, so he can get yelled at and laughed out of the meeting? Give me a break.

Good luck with the new track, though. Wish I was still around to race (though I'm sure most of the board is quite glad I'm gone!)

Last edited by futureal; 10-10-2004 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Sat. night Trucks

Well we got our first Saturday night truck race in.
The carpet is very smooth and thanks to the hard work of Todd and Brian Roberts there is no tape on the seams.
I was surprised that we had 23 or so racers because of the good weather, and we didn't really put the word out much.
We saw some old faces-like the Stough family, the 3 of them made there presence known, the 2 boys-Cory and Josh were racing in level 4 Trucks(The fast level) and were very competitive(Josh just missed T.Q.-But in the A-Main he pulled off the Win!).
We also had a first time racer(4 years old)- He would come out on practice nights last fall, but never raced till tonight.
He had an amazing Qualifier were he ran steady,with no wreaks for the last 3 min. all on his own(the others broke).
For a 4 year old(not to mention his first race night) to drive such a great race was awesome to watch.
You might be woundering about the different levels I refered to-
at MARCCA we pretty much let anyone use any motor they want for trucks.
The way it works is we have 4 levels(classes).
level 1. is for the beginner or someone not confident in there driving skills.
Level 2. would be someone who has become very proficient at level 1. and simply needs more compitition.
Level 3. Usually 2-4 laps off of level 4
Level 4. The fast guys

With that explantion I would add that because of the wide variety of motors(including brushless) each person has different motor preferences.
Instead of making 2 drivers that run the same pace not run together(because one is stock and one is Mod) we let them choose a level of compitition to run at and if they dominate at a lower level then they are asked to try the next level, and that has worked out very well.

Tonight for example we had 2 heats of level 2, 1 heat level 3 and 1 heat level 4.
Level 4 had 7 guys-4 of them Qualified with 21 laps and the other 3 got 23-almost 24 laps.
We had a level 2 guy T.Q. and Sweped the A main,he Qualified with 21 laps-Thats the same as 4 out of 7 level 4 guys.
Guess what?-He is going to level 3 or 4 next time, and that's why it works well.
It also makes for better racing.
Thanks to everyone who came out and see you next Saturday.
Don't forget 12th scalers and sedan drivers MARCCA has Sunday roadcoarse, -Racing starts around Noon.

Last edited by robob; 10-23-2004 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Sat. night Trucks

Our 2nd Saturday night trucks in the books.
We had 28 Trucks tonight and the racing was Good!
Tonight most of MARCCA's Fast guys showed up and the compitition was tight!
We saw a few new faces and some more first time racers-Including the Father of the 4 year old I mentioned last time.
I think he has learned alot from his son because he was the guy to beat in his level.
Tonight it really didn't matter what level you raced at because the racing was ON!
The first thing I noticed when I opened was the Duct tape was gone and so were the holes in the carpet!(Thanks Brian R.-Great job!)
The Truck turnout is Reving up and looks to be another Strong year of Carpet Trucks.
With the carpet in near perfect condition and more and more Sedans, F-1's and 12th scales we hope to have a great on road Program also.
The board meeting is moved up to next Saturday @1 to discuss the Mon-Fri. practice,race and other events Schedule.
We want Truck practice Thursday nights(simply so we can leave the jumps up for Earlier Sat. practice before Racing starts.
The club has heard interest in running some Oval during the Week.
We also need to schedule a night for the electric helicopters.
There will be no practice during the week until a schedule has been Made.
Don't forget Sunday 9ish-doors open Noonish racing starts-so bring you'r Sedans,F-1's,micro's and 12th scales out and have fun!

Last edited by robob; 10-31-2004 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Look at he bottom of my last post!
Note how I Edited my own post before It was even posted.
Cool trick- you can only do that once a year!
Old 10-31-2004, 01:34 AM

Onroad sedan and 1/12th better not get stuck with a Monday night practice slot... that would suck ass. (because... what changes or tweaks are going to be made in 1 night or what parts are going to come in to test out in that time).

I would think Wed would be a good night for onroad practice.

Why not have trucks do Friday so the jumps are up just the days that the trucks run on them and not taking up another day in the week?

just some thoughts I wanted to throw out there.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Clegg,
It's not official but most agree that monday would be a bad day for sedans.
Thursday worked well for trucks last year.
Oval and helicopters would each like a day.
I don't know exactly what days are going to work for each-that's why we need to find out who is willing to open for each day.
I was told by the boss at home "YOU'R NOT GOING TO BE AT THE TRACK 4 DAYS A WEEK LIKE LAST YEAR!"
So unfortunatly I probabaly could only be a back-up guy to open if someone is unable to open.
That is too bad because I really enjoy racedirecting on thursday and Sundays.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:28 PM

Yeh I heard on Sunday, and talked to stan tonight, we will be there for practice Wed I Think/hope/pray. Stan just needs someone to get him a key he said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.