Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marcca slash class

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool video-thank you for sharing it.
I wish the video showed Larry making the winning move from 3rd to 1st at the last second for the big A-main Win.
I wish you guys lived closer it was alot of fun.
This weekend we are heading down to Monroe for the first of 2 races with the 2nd one on the 21st at Marcca.
I expect around 30 Slashes and it is going to be crazy fun!

Thanks again for racing with us and putting the video out there for all to see!

Bon Hommen
Old 02-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robob
I wish the video showed Larry making the winning move from 3rd to 1st at the last second for the big A-main Win.

Bon Hommen
YA me too! I was just going like hell trying to beat the clock to get another lap in! I had no idea where I was in the race. That was a sweet win for sure!
Larry.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

RacingJJ,
Just do a whole lot of praying would be my best advice. Larry and the bunch are alot of fun to race with.
Motorman

Originally Posted by racinjj
It looks like we will have an invasion of 6-8 Slashes coming in from the north (Wausau area) for the races this weekend. Any tips or suggestions?

Last edited by (motorman17); 02-03-2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

http://www.thundertechracing.com/outlaw2.htm
Old 02-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nice engineering to change the slash truck into more of a stadium truck. My opinion is that we NOT allow this in our rules. Keep the slash what it is. I have only one vote on matters like this. Each person running a slash gets a vote. Let's vote on it next weekend at the moving party.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:06 PM

We slash owners as a group make the rules. As the rules stand right now this would be allowed but I would suggest that we NOT allow this option. This is truely an unfair advantage in my eyes and the cost is big. Please discuss it further if you wish. My one vote is stated. I would not buy one for fear that they would be "outlawed". Keep the slash what it is. Don't make it into a stadium truck.

Jeff

i dont know any of you but please dont take this the wrong way. i have been on your site and watched the threads. sound's like the rules are based on "ONE" mans desicion. if you think out side the rule's which if i read right are open for the most part. they get shoved up there butt. sounds like the guys running this joint are a little screwd up. im glad i have not run there yet. i dont know from week to week what is allowed to run. lots of "rules" changes to make "one" guy happy. just what i think after seeing this from week to week i have decided not to make the 1 1/2 trip to run with your club. guess i will drive 2 hours to try out that monroe track sounds like they have the "rules" set a little better for a majority of the people.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loose cannon
We slash owners as a group make the rules. As the rules stand right now this would be allowed but I would suggest that we NOT allow this option. This is truely an unfair advantage in my eyes and the cost is big. Please discuss it further if you wish. My one vote is stated. I would not buy one for fear that they would be "outlawed". Keep the slash what it is. Don't make it into a stadium truck.

Jeff

i dont know any of you but please dont take this the wrong way. i have been on your site and watched the threads. sound's like the rules are based on "ONE" mans desicion. if you think out side the rule's which if i read right are open for the most part. they get shoved up there butt. sounds like the guys running this joint are a little screwd up. im glad i have not run there yet. i dont know from week to week what is allowed to run. lots of "rules" changes to make "one" guy happy. just what i think after seeing this from week to week i have decided not to make the 1 1/2 trip to run with your club. guess i will drive 2 hours to try out that monroe track sounds like they have the "rules" set a little better for a majority of the people.
Loose Cannon;
I actually felt the way you do at one time, but after finally making the drive down there to race once, I now realize that a stock slash can win. I think the reason for that is the tracks they build are so technical that a good driver with patience [ and lack of crashing] can win. I had a blast there, and although I wish the slash class was box stock, I now see that a box stocker can win. I thought there was no way a stocker could win there, but I wanted to drive on the cool tracks I had seen in the pics. I was "curious".
I am glad I decided to go down to marcca, they are a fun bunch of guys. Wish I lived closer to them!
Larry.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (95%+)

cannon:
There is only a single rule regarding slashes - stock kit tires. As for stadium trucks - it's run what ya brung.
We have had two "box stock" slashes win two different a mains. That's even competing with slashes that run 13.5 and 5700kv brushless systems.
No rules are decided by one, and none are shoved down people's throats. If someone was to show up with a new outlaw slash chassis, they could run it.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:22 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mr Loose Cannon,

Maybe you are mistaken as to how our rules for the slash class were created.

Our rules were made by the 8 racers that made up the class at the time. We held an open meeting and all were able to make their input. Everyone agreed to make the rules what they are today. Our rules have not changed since they were created.

Please come and join us and you will see how much fun we have running at Marcca.

If you have further questions please PM me your phone number and I will be glad to discuss things with you.

Last edited by marccaracer; 02-09-2009 at 03:29 AM. Reason: added info
Old 02-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
meh... I'd pass on this kit. This would be the first step towards escalating something so simple it works into something ridiculously expensive. My 10 year old son wants one so bad he's willing to dump his T4, F1 and Trans Am car. The sad thing is, the Slash RTR costs less than any one of those 3 by themselves.

FYI, If anyone wants his T4 with Magnum Sport Jr. radio, transmitter, stock motor, Quantum Sport ESC and good double bearing servo, I will trade a Slash RTR or sell it all for $225. Its sitting at RCP in the pit tables by the rest of my toys.
Old 02-10-2009, 04:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
meh... I'd pass on this kit. This would be the first step towards escalating something so simple it works into something ridiculously expensive. My 10 year old son wants one so bad he's willing to dump his T4, F1 and Trans Am car. The sad thing is, the Slash RTR costs less than any one of those 3 by themselves.

FYI, If anyone wants his T4 with Magnum Sport Jr. radio, transmitter, stock motor, Quantum Sport ESC and good double bearing servo, I will trade a Slash RTR or sell it all for $225. Its sitting at RCP in the pit tables by the rest of my toys.

do you know everything that jason has? but yet he still wants to drive rc...

anyone see this??? :0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99aWVEi8OP4
Old 02-10-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
1:16 scale madness! Very cool. With a small track and limited space, these things would be awesome racers.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i`m going to buy 1/16 slash did some say foam tires baby.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gone banana
i`m going to buy 1/16 slash did some say foam tires baby.
I'll be geting one too they are about the size of a 1/10 4wd buggy...
Old 02-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

that would make 3...its a class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.