Wiki Posts
Search

Reciever repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Reciever repair

I have this reciever (Kyosho Syncro KR-200 to be exact) plugged my battery pack on it and VIOLA, does'nt work anymore. Any of you my good sirs who knows how to repair this kind of brand/unit? Or someone you know, please Pm or Text me at 09471801431 or 09157880691. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you and God Bless!

I have attached an image for reference
Attached Thumbnails Reciever repair-kyosho-syncro-kr200.jpe  
Old 09-13-2016, 06:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Try this!

Try plugging the battery not to the battery port of the receiver. Try plugging it let's say to channel two and have a servo in channel 1 or vice versa so that it is direct to the receiver electronics and see if the servo will respond.

From the battery port of the receiver, in some receiver configurations, the positive terminal of the battery passes a transistor that regulates the voltage before entering the rest of the circuitry. However, this one transistor takes all the load and therefore is easily broken leaving the rest of the circuitry with no power even if everything else is still ok. That's why in other configurations they don't have this transistor anymore. The battery is direct to the rest of the circuitry and that's why our goal now is to direct the battery to the circuitry via any of the servo terminals being either channel 1, 2, 3 and so on and not passing through this transistor anymore.

I hope this is the only problem. Try it as it may work and you have nothing to lose. Otherwise there is really not much more we can do as an easy solution.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

<P>
Originally Posted by mahusay
Try plugging the battery not to the battery port of the receiver. Try plugging it let's say to channel two and have a servo in channel 1 or vice versa so that it is direct to the receiver electronics and see if the servo will respond.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>From the battery port of the receiver, in some receiver configurations, the positive terminal of the battery passes a transistor that regulates the voltage before entering the rest of the circuitry. However, this one transistor takes all the load and therefore is easily broken leaving the rest of the circuitry with no power even if everything else is still ok. That's why in other configurations they don't have this transistor anymore. The battery is direct to the rest of the circuitry and that's why our goal now is to direct the battery to the circuitry via any of the servo terminals being either channel 1, 2, 3 and so on and not passing through this transistor anymore.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I hope this is the only problem. Try it as it may work and you have nothing to lose. Otherwise there is really not much more we can do as an easy solution.
Thank you sir for the info! Anyways, did what you had advice but to no avail. I guess, all I can do is buy a new one. Again, thank you and God Bless!
Old 09-14-2016, 06:35 PM
TOJ
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Mahusay,
I also want to ask your comment/remedy for an am rx that do works (signal) but the servo plugged to it's channel 1 buzzes (servo motor vibrates) and can make full turn both ways. Servo is fine when tested on other RX. What do you think is the cause? any remedy for this? would appreciate any advise, tnx