Nitro On-Road

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 11:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Nitro On-Road Ver. 3

Clean up time.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

In this case it's not the driver...it's the durability of the car itself. Knowing how hard these factory drivers run their own car I doubt their gonna finish the race on a stock Prime 12 car....like I said before ,it's practically a beginner car...the material alone cannot withstand hard racing. I've inspected this car when it came out in 1996(this was when I was racing off road) in the Phillippines. I was in my local hobby shop and the shop owner ( a good friend of mine ) just received his first shipment of this car. This was when the RC10GT truck was big......Kyosho MP-5 just came out and Mugen had the Super Athlete buggy..... BMT was kicking Serpents butt....going back to the Mugen 12...I inspected it really well and found out that the car is made of softer plastic material than your ordinary race car.

Yes this factory drivers are gonna smoke people running with high performance r/c cars but still they won't finish the race. I've seen Barry B. run and he runs his cars hard......I doubt the Prime 12 will withstand that kind of punishment.

I have a lot of racers friends who were running HPI cars and this was when the Impulse came out 1998....this was also the time when Novarossi came out with this insane .12 engines. HPI racers(one of those is a pinoy friend of mine who won 2nd at an HPI challenge(expert class)here in CA) bought these Nova-based engines and ran their cars BUT they had to spend a lot more in beefing up the car to make the car handle that power. Another car that I used to run was the NTC3. Problem with it was the NTC3 the drivetrain.....it just cannot handle the power of new generation .12 multi port and modded engines like Richey's, M Speeds,and the others.
Old 03-01-2003, 11:33 PM
sic
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro Percentage

what are the different effects of certain percentage of Nitro to Engines? 15%, 20%, 25% or 30%. Is it that the higher the percentage, the faster it can go? can anybody explain and elaborate..... thanks
Old 03-02-2003, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

Nitro cools down your engine....without it your car will overheat after a few seconds. These 2 stroke engines are air cooled.....which explains those large head sinks. The head sinks and the sinks on the engine's case cannot cool down the engine alone...that is why there are nitro in model fuel. So obviously with higher nitro content you can go faster...meaning you can lean the carb more than usual. Another thing that you have to watch out for is the shim head clearance in your headsink.....you need to add more shims if you go to a higher nitro content........another thing is your glowplug.....obviously with a higher nitro content your engine needs a colder plug than the usual. Review your engine manual for head clearance (shimming).....if that's your next question. And get a good quality colder plug like an RB, Novarossi, OS, & McCoy.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:40 AM
Tech Addict

Default OS .12TR(turbo version) for ntc3

TO ALL NTC3 OWNERS:
Just wanted to ask if anyone have tried this engine in your ntc3. Please advise if there will be modifications when installing the engine. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:30 PM
it
Tech Regular

Default Re: Nitro Percentage

Originally posted by sic
what are the different effects of certain percentage of Nitro to Engines? 15%, 20%, 25% or 30%. Is it that the higher the percentage, the faster it can go? can anybody explain and elaborate..... thanks

Nitro percentage always play w/ the carburator and especially w/ the ambient temperature.

Temp and oil : Down in the Philly, its always good to have a higher concentration of oil because most of time its 90 degree F. Higher concentration will give ur P/S and rod enough lubrication and u can make ur engine a a little bit more leaner. Even if u have a higher oil concentration, its easier to combust the oil and get enough gas expansion becauese of the hot temp.

In some part of the world like here in the MIdwest, sometimes we do race in a cold temp. It is better to use a lower concentration of oil to get enough combustion. It will even hold my idle even if it is 40 degree F outside. I have better engine performance using a low concentration of oil in a colder day. Higher oil mixture is harder to combust in cold temp because oil have a heavier molecules in a cold day.

Carb and oil: Some of the great motors out there has a bigger diameter in the intake compared to the older version. Such as the Rb Rody Roem .12 modified. That means, the bigger the diameter of the intake the higher rpm, and the faster u will go. In bigger diameter carbs, u need a higher concentration of oil because it demands more air. Oil and air mixture are very important for engine performance. That means, the more air and less oil ur engine will lean out quickly. it might not die, but u will see a differrnce (Ur car will slow down).

Hope this info. helps u to understand the advantages and disadvantages of different oil mixture and its use.

Last edited by it; 03-03-2003 at 02:10 PM.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

really? is that right?

Last edited by manokgt4; 03-03-2003 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:31 AM
it
Tech Regular

Default If u did not miss class !!!

Originally posted by manokgt4
really? is that right?

If u did not missed ur Chemistry and Physics class even in High School u would agree on this.

U want to research and go ahead and prove me wrong (If u can becuase those are facts w/ no B.S.). There are some more stuff that goes w/ oil mixture too, which I did not mention this are.

How long is the race (Endurance race 1 to 2 hours or 5 to 10 min heat) ?

Which track ? Bigger or smaller track.

Off course modifying shims on the heat sink is another story, because the question was. What are the effect of the different oil mixture?

If ur still confuse on my statement, I advise u to start reading first then ask questions to Rody or Arturo Carbonelli. I really suggest ask Rody because Rody replies quickly. But reading would not hurt !!!!! Instead it will give knowledge and understanding hehehe!!

BTW: Let me hear ur side of the story. Answer the question from above w/ ur own words and prove ur statement.

Last edited by it; 03-04-2003 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Regional Moderator

Let's keep it cool, ok guys?
Old 03-04-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sic
It,
SIC is asking about NITRO PERCENTAGE and not OIL CONTENT. Please read his post again. Lighten up ....you are too serious.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Nitro Percentage

It,
SIC is asking about NITRO PERCENTAGE and not OIL CONTENT. Please read his post again. Lighten up ....you are too serious.
He does have a point, IT.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:04 AM
it
Tech Regular

It,

So when ur using 30%, don't u have a higher or a lower oil content? Off course Higher OIL content or NITRO PERCENTAGE. Sic is asking which mixture is the best to use. Now, what is the difference of 20% nitro and 30 %nitro? If I am too serious @ least I have a point. I am here to share ideas so I can help anyone whos intersted.

Now, if ur going to capitalize the Oil or Nitro content u should even know what is the differnce. Why can't u answer the question from above. U still did not answer the question.

I will Lighten up soon as u answer the question from above and Sic's question. Trust me after all of this, we will all get along. This is a great introduction to us, like what I said I am here to share and take some great info. Ur explanation might be more meaningful to nitro mixture. I can probably get some of the info. u will state.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sic
It,
You also have a point. You are elaborating the whole concept of changing fuel mixtures which is also related...BUT.....look ast Sic's title post" Nitro Percentage" He is merely asking about Nitro that is what ManokGT4 is trying to state.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:35 AM
it
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TambokGT
It,
You also have a point. You are elaborating the whole concept of changing fuel mixtures which is also related...BUT.....look ast Sic's title post" Nitro Percentage" He is merely asking about Nitro that is what ManokGT4 is trying to state.

I understood, but a higher nitro cannot go w/o enough oil mix in there. If u have too much Nitro (alcohol) in the mixture u cannot run ur motor right. Also, u cannot buy a 30% nitro w/ less oil content. The only way do that is to make ur own fuel!!!

Just to be clear I am not against u Tambok. U see, my article came from my experience and understanding about engine performance. I am trying to make point to SIC, then someone will reply some stuff that is not even going to help. That is just unrespectful, If u can criticize u should stand on ur own ground. If I have nothing good to say I would just shut up because its not helping others. If u have something good to say u should share it to others.

If u look on top where I answered SIC Question. I stated, "Nitro Percentage plays w/ the carburator and w/ the ambient temparature. "

Hope u understand my point of view

Last edited by it; 03-04-2003 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

you got PM IT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.