Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2003 Thailand International Touring Car Championship

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2002, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default 2003 Thailand International Touring Car Championship

Who is going ? Is Ong Chee Yong and the gang going ? hehe........ hope to see you guys there. Well, if any Malaysian drivers would like to go, please feel free to go to Singapore forum under the same thread for the latest info. Thanks for reading. Well, here is the exact email send by one of the organiser, so that you guys have idea on whats on on that day.

Dear friends,

This is to inform you that we have just finalised the schedule date for the above mentioned event to be on 21st-23rd of February 2003.

Basically, there will be two classes, STOCK 23T using JMRCA rules and modified using IFMAR rules. This event is organized by several RC importers in Thailand including the well known SIAM Tamiya, the Tamiya agent here. Team TRF Japan have confirmed that they will send several drivers.
We expect the number of entrants would be quite high, as it is quite easy to gather 80 drivers with good skills from Bangkok alone. I, my self, am acting as one of the promoters of this event and expect to have over 100 participants.

We have heard some intial responses from Japan to be quite positive and expect the top manufacturers from Japan to send their full team. We are also asking manufacturers from Europe and U.S.A. to participate. I am sure Team XRay will also participate as they have already planned to do an Asian Tour Promotion early 2003. The weather in Bangkok should be fine during that period, as it will be in our 'winter' season. Our winter means: cooler temp (28 deg) , dry, no rain and of course no snow. It is the perfect time to race RC.

I hope you can join this event and also help us to promote this to the drivers in your country.

Thank you in advance for your kind attention.

Cheers,
Andhy
www.tq-racing.com