Search

E-sacker conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default E-sacker conversion

Hi,

Just like to share some pics of my electric conversion of the sacker pro buggy. I had the local machinist make me a custom motor mount. That is the basis of this conversion.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Miri
Attached Thumbnails E-sacker conversion-2b1.jpg   E-sacker conversion-2b2.jpg   E-sacker conversion-2b3.jpg   E-sacker conversion-gear-mesh.jpg   E-sacker conversion-view-side.jpg  

Old 12-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thats amazing! Single brushless system? can top 40mph?

Well, u are welcome to join Monster Truck thread, as there are alot of crazy DIY headz there....

Bravo!
Old 12-03-2005, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

keiseng79,

Thanks for the compliment. I have also done a conversion on my savage & even shot a video. It's in a thread somewhere a couple of months back. I have seen the thread you mentioned. Very creative.

In theory, this setup should be good for at least 45mph with crazy torque. I may adjust the gearing taller if the torque is unmanageable. This is based on limited expereince with the savage sporting the same electronics (motor, esc & battery). The savage was doing uncontrollable wheelies during launch with what I thought was a conservative gearing.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 12-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeling
keiseng79,

Thanks for the compliment. I have also done a conversion on my savage & even shot a video. It's in a thread somewhere a couple of months back. I have seen the thread you mentioned. Very creative.

In theory, this setup should be good for at least 45mph with crazy torque. I may adjust the gearing taller if the torque is unmanageable. This is based on limited expereince with the savage sporting the same electronics (motor, esc & battery). The savage was doing uncontrollable wheelies during launch with what I thought was a conservative gearing.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Hi joeling...im interested to know more about yer savage conversion. u can join me at RC in Sabah . Pls scroll back for more of our savage mod or races. I for one race savage. If u see rc boat...thats our current project off-land i say
Old 12-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

Just like to share some pics of my electric conversion of the sacker pro buggy. I had the local machinist make me a custom motor mount. That is the basis of this conversion.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Miri
Wau men...this is very very cool men. Hope to see some video for your E- Sacker.

Simon Yii
Old 12-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking where are you???

baby,
that's realy cool your E-sacker.
are you in kuching?? Sibu???

i wish i can get my sacker conver to be like yours.

ps: can reverse kah???
Old 12-07-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Hi,

Sorry guys, I am outstation at the moment.

jfc_tech, I will try to get some pics of the mods on my savage. Simon, I will try to get some video but looking at the weather situation, it could drag until after Chinese New Year. Land-Chaser, I am in Miri. How about u ? As it is now, the sacker does not have reverse. However, I can easily reconfigure it by reprograming the esc & disabling the mechanical brake.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 12-08-2005, 01:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi,

Sorry guys, I am outstation at the moment.

jfc_tech, I will try to get some pics of the mods on my savage...

Regards,
Joe Ling
great...waiting for that mod pics then.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Default E Savagepics

Hi,

These are some photos of my savage conversion :

Regards,
Joe Ling
Attached Thumbnails E-sacker conversion-batt-tray-1.jpg   E-sacker conversion-batt-tray-2.jpg   E-sacker conversion-bl-gear-box-1.jpg   E-sacker conversion-bl-gear-box-2.jpg   E-sacker conversion-bl-savvvy.jpg  

Old 12-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

more pics
Attached Thumbnails E-sacker conversion-bl-savvvy4.jpg   E-sacker conversion-bl-savvvy6.jpg   E-sacker conversion-bl-savvy6.jpg  
Old 01-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Joe,

Are the gears on the sacker and savage 32 pitch or mod1? You got me thinking about these electric conversions now. Thanks.

Sim
Old 01-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Dear sim600,

They are mod1. You can buy mod 1 pinions from a couple of places in USA. The thing to look out for is that it's preferrable for the spur gear to be made of plastic. Had to hunt around to get a plastic spur to replace the metal spur of the sacker. Savage spur is plastic by default.

You will be amazed how much wear the pinion has to endure.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 01-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Joeling ,

Your e-sacker is awsome lah ! i used to own a sacker pro before .. loved the thing .. but after about 12 months sold it off .. because my nitro engine skill was really lousy lah ! burnt 3 good motors in a span of 4 months

Now i run 1/10 electric off-road .. for the fun of it .. even race with my friend's 1/8 buggy .. only thing is he takes a longer track layout , compared to me .. so that it kind of evens out the odd..

But i miss the durability and power of the 1/8th buggy .. hope i get to see your e-sacker run in glenmarie
Old 01-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Dear Uthaya,

Thanks for your completion. Unfortunately I live in East Malaysia so the probablility of running my buggy in the West is pretty low.

Anyway, I have run the buggy on asphault the other day & managed to unglue both front tires after a few passes. Pretty impressive at speed but there was no way I could determine exact speed. Still waiting for dry weather to pit my car with the nitro ones the guys that I bash with run. Could be a long wait though as CNY coming means more wet weather.

Regards,
Joe Ling

PS : BTW check out my vintage 1:10. Not in running condition though
Attached Thumbnails E-sacker conversion-optima.jpg  
Old 01-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

sorry, i meant compliment not completion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.