Wiki Posts
Search

HoBao Cup 1/8 Off-Road Buggy Race 2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

David,
Thanks for the ounstanding pit work you did for me. Appreciate it. Jets...merci. KJ...arigato

Guys, You want a great pit guy....look for David. Too bad he's always in the A mains though....lucks out!!

Andy Dass
Old 01-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arghh
can pass some of the new trick to me also ka.. i pon nak join expert class final hehe

actually what are the secret to be a good driver, how to handling the car, how to jump, how to take corner, when have to use brake and when start to blast the car...
I have been in this Hobby very long arghh. More than 15 years. My driving style is not exciting at all. Just very very consistant. No point rushing for a corner and lose time. I do it smoothly. Sometimes too smooth until I lose time(too slow). Damn. I never overtake recklessly and I avoid contact with curbs and other cars. Thats my style. Being consistant pays off and my lap times are not that bad too. Andy on the other hand is gifted(he is older than me) . He can drive anything on 4 wheels in RC and is freaking fast. I told myself to not lose more than 5 laps to him in the final. Practise is important Arghh but practise with good drivers helps a lot. You get to learn their lines and ask them for set up tips. We learnt a lot when the Taiwan guys were here last year. David Lim taught me a lot too as he has always been a 1/8 buggy driver. I started this buggy thing in 2004 and am loving it. Yup, sometimes its dirty but hell its sure a lot cheaper than most RC classes here. Can't wait for the next buggy race.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:12 PM
tornado

Originally Posted by jets
I have been in this Hobby very long arghh. More than 15 years. My driving style is not exciting at all. Just very very consistant. No point rushing for a corner and lose time. I do it smoothly. Sometimes too smooth until I lose time(too slow). Damn. I never overtake recklessly and I avoid contact with curbs and other cars. Thats my style. Being consistant pays off and my lap times are not that bad too. Andy on the other hand is gifted(he is older than me) . He can drive anything on 4 wheels in RC and is freaking fast. I told myself to not lose more than 5 laps to him in the final. Practise is important Arghh but practise with good drivers helps a lot. You get to learn their lines and ask them for set up tips. We learnt a lot when the Taiwan guys were here last year. David Lim taught me a lot too as he has always been a 1/8 buggy driver. I started this buggy thing in 2004 and am loving it. Yup, sometimes its dirty but hell its sure a lot cheaper than most RC classes here. Can't wait for the next buggy race.
........I on the other hand drive like a mad man.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jets
No point rushing for a corner and lose time. I do it smoothly. Sometimes too smooth until I lose time(too slow). Damn.
that what i'm practise.. slow down and brake before entering the corner, turn on the inside line and then blast after passing the corner. but man, all drivers are trumendous fast and just leave me far and far behind hehe... still lot to learn and practise
Old 01-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Andy & Jets: Thanks for your compliment! Anyway i did nothing much for you guys. Lets care, lets share mah ok.

Arghh and also to my friends out there, below is just my opinion ya. What i normally like to do is, testing out new racing lines, especially in off-road racing coz you can't always drive the same line when the track condition is getting from bad to worst. So knowing alternative lines and yet going fast that's how i maintain my consistency.

2ndly, i believe each and every1 of us has our own driving style. To me, always drive at the pace you are most comfortable with yet going as fast as you can, and minimizing mistakes. Stay cool and focus is very important........

That is all i can say! As again is just my point of view ya....so discover yourself and know your machine well. By having this combination you should be able to do well from time-2-time ya.

P.S:- Just can't wait for the season to begin, wanna race again with all of you out there.

Take care!

Regards,

David.L