Wiki Posts
Search

Tmn Metropolitan Batu(TMB)-MyMTRG MFR 17th March and 31st March 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well Done!!! Organiser!!

First of all thank you very much for loan me your DX3s for the race. Otherwise i won't even able to join the race.

Congrats to the Podium finishers. David, LKH, and Kenneth!! Great Run!!

Very nice track and beautiful grassy surroundings The track layout looks easy, but it is actually very tricky and challenging... with up down slope/elevation.........something different than other tracks in Malaysia.

Also thanks for the race day dealious food and free flow chill drink....

Extremely enjoyable racing exp!!! Look forward to the next race here already..

Kent
Old 04-01-2013, 04:06 AM
Tech Master

no worries bro. It is I who should thank you more that you are willing to come to KL from Taiping to join our MFR.

I am glad you enjoyed the race. Next time(this year), I will join oso..need to train my 16 years and 9 years old son for buggy race if he can get green light from his mom (and me) with good grades.. biasala kan..expectation parent on their children.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

On the topic of 1/8 EP Buggy.

Many guys I've came across cited that 1/8 EP no race so no point buying one, so the degenerative cycle has begun even before it started.

So we need to seed this class and you can count me in for this and I know at least 2 more person are keen.

I know there are a few 1/8 EP out there but should be enough to start a race. If we are looking for min of 10 participants, you and I know this will not happen. To give the 1/8 EP buggy a chance, set the minimum participants to 5, open regulations and make it easy for any 1/8 buggy to take part.

Just slot in one 20 minute run in between the GP race, no heats.

Hopefully this will be the seed this class.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Many guys I've came across cited that 1/8 EP no race so no point buying one, so the degenerative cycle has begun even before it started.

So we need to seed this class and you can count me in for this and I know at least 2 more person are keen.

I know there are a few 1/8 EP out there but should be enough to start a race. If we are looking for min of 10 participants, you and I know that this will not happen. To give the 1/8 EP buggy a chance, set the minimum participants to 5, open regulations and make it easy for any 1/8 buggy to take part.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

point noted there bro.

as for the MyMTRG club, we have to consider all factors when organizing any fun races especially time and material(resources)..both are cost related either directly or indirectly. Volunteering and sponsors will keep the cost down, but there are cost nonetheless. Our club is not a business entity nor it is a profit centric but the club still need minimum funding to maintain the track and organizing any events.

For example, the way we do it in such situation if there are less participants, we combine 2 category in one race but separate winners. But if there are ie - only 4 in one category - there will not be any 1-2-3 prizes as it is not cost justified. The club still has to prepare for lunch at minimum, and other small tit-bits costs - like stickers etc. It is also unjust for cross subsidized where proceeds from other category to subsidize another category that does not have enough participants.

There has to be a minimum participant. As how MyMTRG does it the "MyMTRG way" as explained earlier, ideal is 10 racers in one category, bare minimum is 7 racers for a just self sustaining category in terms of cost and winning prize(s).....If all 1/8 EP participant can accept that scenario, the possibility to 'seed' the 1/8 EP category can be realized over time.

Lets see what the club ajk can do for this inclusion.

For those 1/8 EP Buggy owners who are interested to do a Fun Race for 1/8 EP category in the next MFR, do drop by at TMB this Sunday(or any other Sunday) around noon onwards and look for me. PM me a couple of days before Sunday to know if I am going to TMB or not (I still have household duties ).

cheers

Last edited by aqeel200; 04-01-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

oh, BTW - we also have another scenario: a form of prizes..bragging rights..(ie. if there are like 3, 4 or 5 racers on the starting grid and only left 2 or 3 races at the end of the race(in some cases). The prize is only bragging rights in the forum - also fun. Participants in that category still pay the same minimum entrance fee to have the fun, like what we did for the Truggy category, a last minute inclusion during the 17th March MFR...less than 5 but only 3 turn up and paid but 1 did not race - bini panggil balik - no prizes but just bragging rights ler. But they still got lunch and rest of the F&B and services. Proceeds from the 3 Truggy participants who paid goes back to the club and track (less cost), it does not go to any single person.

come over this Sunday and we can discuss further.

Edit: correction - breakfast and lunch(mandatory).
Old 04-01-2013, 08:08 AM
LKH
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Old 04-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

MFR 8 - 17th March - what was taken in the hands of a 16 year old...ikut sedap time dia aje..hehehe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVDVPke5Pok

MFR # 8 1/8 GP Buggy Category - A-MAINS FINAL Actions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcgyEjccEas

B-MAINS FINAL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4e16lC3qO4

C-MAINS FINAL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l2rEvIVgw0

All Heats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKaSocO_UME

Last edited by aqeel200; 04-01-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by old-man

I know there are a few 1/8 EP out there but should be enough to start a race. If we are looking for min of 10 participants, you and I know this will not happen. To give the 1/8 EP buggy a chance, set the minimum participants to 5, open regulations and make it easy for any 1/8 buggy to take part.

It will happen soon
Old 04-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

from my HERO2 without Lcd..juz main agak2...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf1DPKQfEKw
Old 04-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

nice video bro eventhough guna HERO2 nye videocam.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by faz1122
from my HERO2 without Lcd..juz main agak2...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf1DPKQfEKw
Terbaeek la bro you punya video!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Default TMB MyMTRG RC Off-road Track update

Feeback/response assessment/received.

In light of the recent MFR #8 event last 17th and 31st March, we have received positive feedbacks/suggestions/planned as follows:-

For MFR #9 onwards, the club will build/improve the following:

1. Compressor - as all of you notice, sometimes the compressor was not turned on during heats and in particular during finals. this is because of the existing common power distribution in the temporary 'club house'. When using the compressor, sometimes the main DB trips..hence it was turned off during race because the AMB device used does not have a backup DC supply. If there is any power trip during race while using the compressor, the entire AMB decoder will be out of commission, so the race that is currently ongoing will need to be restarted. Apologize for not informing sooner as I was only informed about it before the race starts. So we opt to turn the compressor off each time a race is ongoing for fear of a power trip.

FEI, the DB trips once last Sunday but luckily there are no race running.

Solution:

a.We will get a 5-10 minutes UPS for the decoder in the next MFR. If power trip, race can still go on and we just reset the breaker within 5-10 minutes.

b. Ask DBKL to build a new separate DB from the existing one dedicated for the decoder.

2. We will relocate the starting grid from its current position. The current position is not ideal as it is a parallel straight line the the racers line of sight on the drivers stand.

a. the starting grid will be relocated on the opposite lane.

b. the first turn from the driver stand straight, we will build a double deck co-joined table top and drops off towards the concrete slope. We will build a slanting slope/burm turning partly on the concrete slope(optional), and back down..from there it will be a straight line to the 2nd turn - now that straight will be long enough for a starting grid - looking across the drivers stand.

c. the first 2 bump will be relocated to the existing starting grid.

3. 2 additional small doubles will be built into the sweeping before the back straight.

After this, the 3 known improvement will address driver's line of sight during starting grid with added length and technicality plus the compressor/power trip.

Ali Popai as the club Track Operations lead will spearhead this development in a 'gotong royong' manner.

This improvement will make the TMB Track layout to be simple for all categories but more tricky than before.

Any other suggestions from racers are most welcome for considerations.

Last edited by aqeel200; 04-02-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Aqeel200,

I'm looking forward to visiting your track but it will be after the MNL week. Hopefully a few other 1/8 EP buggies will also be able to come.

Do you have charging facilities?
Old 04-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cricha
Aqeel200,

I'm looking forward to visiting your track but it will be after the MNL week. Hopefully a few other 1/8 EP buggies will also be able to come.

Do you have charging facilities?
No worries then. the track is always there.

yes, there are charging facilities, accessible all the time even when the 'club house' is locked - the extension is on the inside side wall - can access from the counter deck.. Air compressor is only available when club AJK are present on weekend/weekdays.