1/18 scale offroaders

Old 03-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Stadium Truck

Originally posted by Pandora's Box
Actually I would prefer a truck coz i don't think i would be running on grass especially for those small little fellas.

And, I assume I would be able to get more speed out of a truck.....true?
What trucks are available out here in M'sia right now?

The only time I run off road now is on one of the meanest fastest offroad class.......8th scale buggies!!!

Cheers!
wellll yeah stadium truck is faster and more stable. then since you know what you want to have, you got two option in malaysia, RC18T and Mini-T. So far i have heard of MiniQuake or the thunder tiger truck in Malaysia.

MiniQuake has a stadium truck like chassis with MT truck wheels and look like a mini e-maxx.

The options that you have in micro scale for stadium truck is Team Losi Mini-T, AE RC18T, Thunder Tiger <forgot the model name>, Trinity Itsty Bitsy Spyder and coming out M18T. But only Mini-T and RC18T are availbale in malaysia. I guess Mini-T is the only available option you have now cause the last time i heard RC18T is on backorder. You have to ask TP-Racing for the details and booking
Old 03-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Uthaya

HPC ,
If you build a mini off -road truck , I'm there man ...
count me in too
Old 03-15-2005, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Where to get 2mm screws?

Okay, the mini-T I bought was short a few screws because the previous owner lost them or swiped them. Anyway, I'm having a hard time finding those small 2-56 (or about 2mm) diameter screws that these 1/18 cars are held together by. So far I found some short 2mm countersunk ones at the Home Fix It store (1 Utama new wing, PJ). Anybody find a store that sells 2mm or 2.6mm, or for that matter 3mm screws, reply on this thread
Thanks
Old 03-15-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Where to get 2mm screws?

Originally posted by sim600
Okay, the mini-T I bought was short a few screws because the previous owner lost them or swiped them. Anyway, I'm having a hard time finding those small 2-56 (or about 2mm) diameter screws that these 1/18 cars are held together by. So far I found some short 2mm countersunk ones at the Home Fix It store (1 Utama new wing, PJ). Anybody find a store that sells 2mm or 2.6mm, or for that matter 3mm screws, reply on this thread
Thanks
have you seen micro RS4 or m18 screws? i think they might fit since all of them are in the same scale.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

HI guys,

Minizilla is back in stock. Spares are also in stock now. Option parts are delayed by HPI...sorry.

Also, do take note that we are taking orders for KFactory Mini-T parts. If you would like any, pls go to www.kfactoryracing.com

Check what you like and let me know for quote. Don't take too long cause we are finalizing our orders with Kfactory soon.

Cheers,
Old 03-18-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Where to get 2mm screws?

Thanks
Hardware like this are available at nut and bolt shops ..
The screws your looking for are known as M3 , M2.5 , M2 ( the number is diameter in mm ) . They are available in countersunk ( tappered head ) , button head or cap head. Comes in variable length ..

Good luck
Old 03-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by HPC II
HI guys,

Minizilla is back in stock. Spares are also in stock now. Option parts are delayed by HPI...sorry.

Also, do take note that we are taking orders for KFactory Mini-T parts. If you would like any, pls go to www.kfactoryracing.com

Check what you like and let me know for quote. Don't take too long cause we are finalizing our orders with Kfactory soon.

Cheers,
I'll definitely buy these for my mini-T, so please order them:

K1709 Mini-T Alum. Steering Servo Saver Arm Set
K1717 Mini-T Alum. Steering Block

Thanks.

Old 03-20-2005, 02:07 AM
Tech Master

I'll definitely buy these for my mini-T, so please order them:

K1709 Mini-T Alum. Steering Servo Saver Arm Set
K1717 Mini-T Alum. Steering Block

Thanks.

Can you provide me your email address and h/p no.?

Cheers,
Old 03-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

HI guys,

Cheers,
no option part yet ar?? i m looking forward for the option parts ler when do you think hpi will release the option part?
Old 03-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Can you provide me your email address and h/p no.?

Cheers,
My name is Sim, handphone number is 012-6336808

I am the same guy who's also ordering HPI micro RS4 part number 72435 (servo saver set) from your shop.

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:16 AM
Tech Master

Default My Mini-T pics

Took some pics of my mini-T and other car projects. Check them out here
Old 03-24-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sim,

I saw your Pink Mantis Project - (Originally Tamiya Grasshopper) uses a white plastic chassis. Where did u get it from? I plan to get hard plastic sheets with 3mm-5mm thick.

Nice Mini-T project u have....
Old 03-25-2005, 03:49 AM
Tech Initiate

To, Sim600 n Kaiseng 79,
Hi guys, look like alot of mod project going on.
i stop quite a while ,but after reading in this forum u guys really
start my hand itchy for the jig saw n drill again
actually u guys is lucky as all the material is available in your place
in KL , i got my aluminium rod n aluminium alloy sheet from JB during my vacation trip .i bring back all the material for my mod project.i hope i will be able to post some of my mod project in future.mean while, attach is the few of the aluminium rod and sheet i use for antiroll cage for my mad force,and chasis.
hopr to get more ideas from u guys.
Attached Thumbnails 1/18 scale offroaders-dsc00133.jpg  
Old 03-25-2005, 03:51 AM
Tech Initiate

The aluminium rod and sheet.
Attached Thumbnails 1/18 scale offroaders-dsc00132.jpg  
Old 03-25-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

keiseng79,

Haha. That white plastic board is a kitchen cutting board. I bought it especially for making the chassis, so it's not very environmentally friendly of me. It's not very stiff if you dig too many holes in it, so be careful with your dremel tool.

kmkcloned,
I'm having not much luck finding good aluminium, and I don't have jigsaws and drill presses (no space in apartment). I'm mostly doing all the cutting and grinding with a hacksaw, a rotary tool, a drill and lots of sandpaper. I hold things still with a vise that clamps onto the table top, which helps a lot.

I'm constantly looking for things to recycle for RC though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.