Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/12 scale custom nitro buggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Talking 1/12 scale custom nitro buggy

hi guys i want to make a home made buggy but far more smaller than the 1/8 scale counterparts.i know earlier i want to make a custom micro,but my parents won't allow me to buy electric things like batteries and so on.so,this time,i am goint to make a nitro buggy.i want to be different from the others,so decided to go with 1/12.i will use parts from present buggies like mbx5,xb8,ofna and so on.i am thinking of using ofna suspension parts for it.but i dont know where to buy it here.can somebody help me?and i am thinking of using gs parts as well because it is easy to get.i would appreciate if u guys could help me out here.and maybe give some ideas of how the buggy should look.thanks.

ps:this is easily my longest thread
Old 01-15-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

God my parents are the opposite, they hate nitro! and absolutely support my electric racing.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default 1/10 scale buggy(custom)

haha.ur parents hates nitro but u want to buy ntc3?haha topic edited.just find out that 1/12 is too small

Last edited by ntc3freak; 01-16-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-16-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ntc3freak
anyone have any ideas?

no offence ntc3freak,

i think it will be the same if you buy one real buggy.

why do you want to build a smaller buggy??

it will cost you more to build one,< i think>. with the current mechinery equipments in malaysia it will be hard.

to build a good buggy. the chassis must be strong enough to handle those stresses. the drivetrain have to be designed properly so it is well protected from the dust and etc.....

if you want a 1/18 micro buggy. head towards tc-racing and get a rc18t. start mod from there. you can easily mod the rc18t to buggy look

just my dua puluh sen....~~
Old 01-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by boydnhl
no offence ntc3freak,

i think it will be the same if you buy one real buggy.

why do you want to build a smaller buggy??

it will cost you more to build one,< i think>. with the current mechinery equipments in malaysia it will be hard.

to build a good buggy. the chassis must be strong enough to handle those stresses. the drivetrain have to be designed properly so it is well protected from the dust and etc.....

if you want a 1/18 micro buggy. head towards tc-racing and get a rc18t. start mod from there. you can easily mod the rc18t to buggy look

just my dua puluh sen....~~

thanks for ur comments,but i think it is achievable,doable and can be made.i dont care if it isnt the fastest around,i just want to make it.and i decided to go with 1/10 if u havent noticed.i want to try to make it.and as i said earlier,i want something different than the others.i can't see why it can't be done.and as they said,BELUM CUBA BELUM TAHU.so try 1st.and i want to thank adam for giving me numerous ideas.thanks adam.and thanks for ur comments.ur post motivates me even more.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for ur comments,but i think it is achievable,doable and can be made.i dont care if it isnt the fastest around,i just want to make it.and i decided to go with 1/10 if u havent noticed.i want to try to make it.and as i said earlier,i want something different than the others.i can't see why it can't be done.and as they said,BELUM CUBA BELUM TAHU.so try 1st.and i want to thank adam for giving me numerous ideas.thanks adam.and thanks for ur comments.ur post motivates me even more.
i see... then maybe you can consider getting a 1/10 GP rally car, longer suspension setup, longer arm and you got yourself a buggy
Old 01-17-2005, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

i see... then maybe you can consider getting a 1/10 GP rally car, longer suspension setup, longer arm and you got yourself a buggy
if like that can convert my car wan i know it will be a tough project,but who knows what will happen.we'll just wait n see
Old 01-17-2005, 04:18 AM
Tech Regular

if like that can convert my car wan i know it will be a tough project,but who knows what will happen.we'll just wait n see
okay cant wait to see your invention
Old 01-17-2005, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

okay cant wait to see your invention

u guys wait only ka?dont wanna help ka?