Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC in Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 06:29 PM
Tech Rookie

see alot people are saying: many players in penang. but personally, it that the case??
Old 06-24-2002, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

i dunno abt the RC in penang so not of much help around here...but in KL,it seems that there r a number of RC hobby shops around...
Old 06-25-2002, 03:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Racing in Malaysia

Hi all,

Have not gotten myself a real RC car yet - still surveying. One of the biggest thing to consider is, when I get the car, where will I be able to race with people?

I know the Titiwangsa track and don't really know exact location of the Subang Speedway. I was told that there's a track in Seremban. Any other places? I mean it kinda seems limited after spending all that money.

BTW Ijnek, I'm in KL.

Ciao
Old 06-25-2002, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

hi all,
i'm a m'sian, from KL but been living in singapore for the last 6 yrs.

penang - there's a hobby shop at komtar (3rd flr i reckon). also, think there's a daisheng shop at the new mall next to komtar. perangin mall? lots of tamiya goodies there. there was a RC track directly opposite Northam Hotel, but during my trip there in december, sad to say .. the track looked deserted. but i've heard of pple playing serpent impulse in penang .. just not sure where.

zerotorc - apart from titiwangsa, there's the subang speedway. i believe there's also a track at wisma atria, in PJ. will try to check out during my last visit. i've driven my TA03 at titiwangsa (before the renovation) .. really nice track, just don't end up in the drain!
the subang track is top class

lots more 'proper' tracks in KL than in singapore.

fyi, i'm currently driving a kyosho MP7.5 buggy.
Old 06-25-2002, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

before i forget .. check out the forum section of the website below. has a few thread on m'sian RCers ..

http://www.autotrade.com.my
Old 06-25-2002, 08:09 AM
Tech Rookie

been Marina South, see alot people playing kyosho, can i find anywhere in penang? is there any support. feel like getting 1 kyosho brand car, but doubt that is there any shop in penang?
Old 06-25-2002, 04:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Electric or Nitro

Are there more electric or nitro racers in KL/Malaysia? What about races?

wyl03: thanks. I know there's the Subang Speedway - just don't know where it is. I didn't know about Atria rooftop though - from the autotrade forum - seems like more of a nitro hangout.
Old 06-25-2002, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

here's a short list of the shops around tat i have managed to get...mostly shops in KL,i will try 2 provide more info on the shops in JB as soon as i have the time to jottle them down...

as 4 those shops in penang,help need by our friends who r in penang or knows where they r...

as 4 tracks,i'm not pretty sure on those,but i guess any of the RC hobby shop owners would b glad 2 tell u...

as 4 electric or nitro,this is a tough question 2 ans...mostly bcos it depends on wat u r after and how much time and money u can afford on this hobby...

1 simple guide line:
electric=easier to maintain,less time needed,less things 2 hop up...

nitro=harder to maintain,more time needed,lots of learning 2 do on the engine etc,BUT nothing beats the music of the engine...

too bad i jus can't afford the time now...

anyway,i suggest tat u start with electric and learn the basic.bcos if u start with electric,u wun have to bother on tuning the engine etc and can concentrate on learning the car chassis setting which is equally important!!!
Old 06-25-2002, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

guess i 4got 2 attach the file up...

here it is,...
got these info from our friends here...
Attached Files
File Type: txt
rc shops in kl.txt (548 Bytes, 205 views)
Old 06-26-2002, 02:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks, ijnek. But on the topic of races, I can only see reports of the Nitro TC races on TP Racing's website. Are there any electric race events organised?

Where do you race in JB?

Here's a suggestion: can't we put all info on RC in Malaysia on a website somewhere. That will be the single source of info. Links can be made to a Malaysian forum here (when there's one) or to the forum on autotrade.com.my

Ciao
Old 06-26-2002, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

at this moment,there is a poll by the admin to have a forum group for us malaysians in the Singapore RC Racers forum.mayb u would like 2 poll there also...

there r also races in JB...but not much coverage done except those in the MSN group...

i have not join any races yet,but will b looking 4ward 2 do so soon.i'm still preparing my 04r...
Old 06-27-2002, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

here is a short list of RC shops in JB...
Old 06-27-2002, 02:29 AM
Tech Elite

sorrie,4got 2 attach the file...
Attached Files
File Type: txt
rc shops in jb.txt (536 Bytes, 178 views)
Old 06-27-2002, 03:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hi guys from Australia

Hi guys i was born in Malaysia and now live in Australia came to oz when i was 6 so most of my life have been here in aust.. Frequently visit Malaysia. Just wandering how much would a tamiya TA04S cost in Malaysia any ideas or any ta04 range,.??
Im just trying to figure which country is cheaper.??Although i race in Aust..
Old 06-27-2002, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

it's not tat much cheaper in m'sia also...

my best suggestion 2 u is to try to visit s'pore and get the kit there...

the ta04-ss is currently selling at abt s$220...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.