Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Default Who Has Been A Marshall Before?

found this here

Turn Marshalling
(thats what they being called huh?)

Guidelines for Effective Turn Marshalling

1) Watch only your section of the track. Do not watch the race.

2) Keep both hands free. Don't eat, drink, or smoke while marshalling.

3) Oncoming traffic has the right of way. Marshall the wrecked car only when you can do so without interfering with traffic.

4) Try to marshall the car that was leading, first.

5) If a car jumped the barrier, place it back in the lane it left.

6) If a car stops in your section, pick it up and place it down once. If it doesn't start, then pick it up and place it out of the way, and upside down. It is not your responsibility to turn the car off, or run across the track to take the car to the sidelines.

7) Do not place a marshalled vehicle on the track in front of oncoming traffic.

8) Marshalls DO NOT work on broken or disabled vehicles.

9) Do not throw cars.

10) Do not leap or jump into the air. It only increases your chances of landing on someone's car.

11) Do not touch a vehicle if it is still being accelerated by the driver. Drivers let go of the trigger if you want to be marshalled.

12) Marshall like you want to be marshalled.

13) Drivers do not yell or scream at the marshalls.

14) For the protection of the turn marshalls, all vehicles must run a gear cover.

++++++++++++++++

so... which rules is different from malaysian MARSHALL RULES?

mop
Old 11-01-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

talking about marshalling duties, i think over here its more or less the basic is the same like what u forward....most races organised do not have marshall, the mechanics/pit guy of the driver is one.. . if bigger racing event most likely to have marshall i guess...

- i can't stand drivers yelling on the stand while racing

is there any rules againts this yelling thing.... maybe kena 10 second penalty...
Old 11-01-2004, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rcabj

is there any rules againts this yelling thing.... maybe kena 10 second penalty...
what if while racing then somebody yell... "CRA**ED!!! PUSH! PUSH! PUSH!!!!"... then how? penalty or not?

same over here in shanghai... its only the driver and 1 fueler.... then if the car terbalik... the the fueler become the TURN MARSHALL....(for his own team)....

one day i saw this fueler-cum-marshall... being hit by SWEEPING 1/10th car.... PIANGGGG!!!!!! hit the leg.... tergolek DOG member tu!

blue black jugak the ankle... ish ish ish....

so i think i need to add one rule...

before running going in the track or going out of track.... look LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT... make sure no car in view!!!

mop
Old 11-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

additional apparel is compullsory also i.e. kasut keselamatan and leather glove laa.. so next time kena langgar...only the kereta rosak...mekanik selamat...and tangan no longer get burn from hott exhaust / head

-i think for racers who like to yell kena penalty pakai itu doctor mask for 30 second...elak bising and tempias
Old 11-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wink Just my 2 cents lah

> ... is there any rules againts this yelling thing ...

Oh Yes, there is and the rules goes both ways towards the Marshall and the Driver. The usual is a 2 warning and the 3rd is a debar from the race and the debar participant has to leave the track immediately and not to return.

Both ways, meaning that if the Driver screams profanity. As for the Marshall, if he is caught not paying attention to his section, thus causing some drivers car to be stuck for an unreasonable length of time. Or the Marshall could have block some other drivers driving line while trying to retrieve another.

So who calls the shots, you might ask. There is a post in a race known as a referee. The referee is not a race participant, he has the full time job and is given a comfortable seat at a good position to see the whole track. He also has a mic on his hand and he officially becomes the only one who can shout at either a marshall, driver or pit during the race.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Who Has Been A Marshall Before?

Originally posted by mop_iko
found this here

Turn Marshalling
(thats what they being called huh?)

Guidelines for Effective Turn Marshalling

10) Do not leap or jump into the air. It only increases your chances of landing on someone's car.

13) Drivers do not yell or scream at the marshalls.

so... which rules is different from malaysian MARSHALL RULES?

mop
I think rule no 10 and 13 are most common scenario here..
Old 11-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there r aslo common to hear the drivers say, "if not i'll sure make more laps.." marshall very slow lah..lembap sangat..

so rule no 14.
Dont blame the marshall if u make less laps..blame your hand..
Old 11-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by turbosnail
there r aslo common to hear the drivers say, "if not i'll sure make more laps.." marshall very slow lah..lembap sangat..

so rule no 14.
Dont blame the marshall if u make less laps..blame your hand..
i have to agree with u there. it happens alot here. blaming others rather than themselves.

recently...we do not provide turn-marshall. we just ask their pit to do it. its their responsibility. any driver caught shouting at other pit crews...will be penalised...deduct 10 secs.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Default things to carry in the pocket or on you...

ok.. as for now these are the things you carry in the pocket or along with you as marshall.

1) GLOVE - prefer leather.. so that you dont get burnt from hot pipe and engine.
2) HIGH ANKLE SHOE - prefer the HARD SHOE.... so that you wont hurt if ever you are hit by running car.
3) GOGGLE - wear this especially in buggy race, so that rocks and sand wont 'splashed' into your eyes.
4) SMALL STICK / SMALL PAINT BRUSH - to use it to stop the WILD/RUNNING engine (if necessary)
5) LEG GUARD - i forgot the name... this thing they use when they play soccer... they put this thing inside the sock... to guard the lower part of the leg... so you wont hurt when hit by a car....
6) apa lagi aaaa?

mop
Old 11-02-2004, 05:44 AM
Tech Master

Default how to turn a car?

i have read somewhere...

TURN or CARRY a car by holding its FRONT and BACK... so you wont accidently hold the HOT PIPE or BLOCKED the STINGER which will stops the engine.... or touch the slimy NITRO splash at the side of the body....

and to the DRIVER.... DONT WOT your car.... YOU WOT... MARSHALL NO PICKUP.... how about that?

mop

Last edited by mop_iko; 11-02-2004 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Re: how to turn a car?

and to the DRIVER.... DONT WOT your car.... YOU WOT... MARSHALL NO PICKUP.... how about that?

mop
that's what we do at our club. if the driver WOT, then the marshal can just stand next to the car, refusing to pick it up until the driver stops it.

driver can blip the engine to keep the fuel flowing but should never WOT when marshal is picking up the car.

you were referring to SHIN GUARD above.
no need lah ..
just decent shoes, gloves and goggles or glasses is enough.

at our club, everyone has to marshal after his heat has finished.

if not enough marshals, then they will call out the names (if you are missing from your marshalling duties).
if you still refuse to marshal, then you will lose your best time from the heats. of course you can get your kaki to stand in your place .. or get your very understanding gf to help marshal while you wrench on your car
Old 11-02-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: things to carry in the pocket or on you...

ok.. as for now these are the things you carry in the pocket or along with you as marshall.

1) GLOVE - prefer leather.. so that you dont get burnt from hot pipe and engine.
2) HIGH ANKLE SHOE - prefer the HARD SHOE.... so that you wont hurt if ever you are hit by running car.
3) GOGGLE - wear this especially in buggy race, so that rocks and sand wont 'splashed' into your eyes.
4) SMALL STICK / SMALL PAINT BRUSH - to use it to stop the WILD/RUNNING engine (if necessary)
5) LEG GUARD - i forgot the name... this thing they use when they play soccer... they put this thing inside the sock... to guard the lower part of the leg... so you wont hurt when hit by a car....
6) apa lagi aaaa?

mop

Macam mau main Cricket le!!!

i have read somewhere...

TURN or CARRY a car by holding its FRONT and BACK... so you wont accidently hold the HOT PIPE or BLOCKED the STINGER which will stops the engine.... or touch the slimy NITRO splash at the side of the body....

mop
You can do that if it's an onroad race/car. If it's offroad, then the best way is to hold either front or back tires and flip it. But... make sure the tires are not moving anymore.

As for the marshalling in Malaysia, the EP is still practising having Turn Marshalls, with racers of previous group or Mains doing the marshalling.

As for the GPs, I don't really know why they don't have it anymore.

Ciao
Old 11-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: things to carry in the pocket or on you...

Originally posted by Jamal D'Maz
As for the GPs, I don't really know why they don't have it anymore.
Agreed. Should start this practice again.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: things to carry in the pocket or on you...

6) apa lagi aaaa?
Ball guard? The one hockey goalkeepers put into their trousers to protect the PRECIOUS?
Old 11-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Just my 2 cents lah

Originally posted by phlim
> ... is there any rules againts this yelling thing ...

Oh Yes, there is and the rules goes both ways towards the Marshall and the Driver. The usual is a 2 warning and the 3rd is a debar from the race and the debar participant has to leave the track immediately and not to return.

Both ways, meaning that if the Driver screams profanity. As for the Marshall, if he is caught not paying attention to his section, thus causing some drivers car to be stuck for an unreasonable length of time. Or the Marshall could have block some other drivers driving line while trying to retrieve another.

So who calls the shots, you might ask. There is a post in a race known as a referee. The referee is not a race participant, he has the full time job and is given a comfortable seat at a good position to see the whole track. He also has a mic on his hand and he officially becomes the only one who can shout at either a marshall, driver or pit during the race.
so to all big shouters better pay attention aa...there is law againts shouting...

and also to mechanic ..better concentrate on your car..don't see other car laa....so your driver don't shouting like mad maa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.