Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 2 Hours Night Endurance race

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 07:00 AM
HPC
Tech Master

Jamal - Good point. I believe to be fair,at the end of the 2 hours,the team which is in front with the most number of laps will still win even if their car break down with 5 mins to go.Its only fair as they have done all the hard work to lead and if u can't catch them at the end of the 2 hours,then that just prove they are the better team.This race is goverened by time - 2 hours NOT LAPS.Therefore at the end of 2 hours,the team in front will be declared the winner.

Thanks for pointing it out for us to be clear on this issue.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Some more suggestions:

On the sequence of drivers, make it flexible but firm. Maybe should allow minimum time (maybe minimum 5 min) & maximum (maybe 20 min) for each driver. Sequence of drivers should be submitted before race started.

Then strategy will come into play.....

And also... allow only 2 or 3 teams to change driver at a given time. This will avoid any havoc on the stands!

Last time, we tried enforcing a standard driver's change at every 15 minutes.... HAVOC! There was at least 15 people on the stands during change overs. What with spilled beers making the stand slippery & sticky... yuck! It was fun though... coz' a few drivers couldn't identify which car they were controlling after the change-over! Hahahahah

I'm already thinking of going to watch .....

Ciao
Old 10-29-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Team RC Pitstop

HPC,

Team RC Pitstop is running a Serpent 710. Ular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha...
Old 10-29-2004, 11:18 AM
HPC
Tech Master

Jamal - Thanks for your input.But I think I will get confused trying to monitor which team has changed at different time and duration.
All I intend to do is say"Drivers ready,...car1,2,3....10"...then sit down relax have a root beer and enjoy myself watching.... ....

Jets - oohhhhhh,sooorrrryyyy.ok snake it is!So Nam Lee got old snake n u guys the new snake. so the other guys better run faster,nanti kena telan anaconda!

wah,looks like dominated by snakes cause I believe Team Hobbizone has a team also running new snake.

Will be a great race.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:20 AM
HPC
Tech Master

Getting exciting as teams now in serious discussion on strategies.Even I don't get to hear in case I terbocor!!

Old 10-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

JETS we should put team pitstop A and pitstop B no..... br.....d

will have more fun.......!!!!!!!!!

if agree put me as B team.

HAPPY RACING.....!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

guys at the moment ikwan hobbyzon team wil b using
D'CHAKLEMPONGS.

I thg they l b running wit fw,last choice is snakez...

the idea of interchange driver every 20mnts should b mass coz d driver stand is wide,wel they can stand at behind their team member bfore 20mnts up. well it stil up to hpc to orgnize d briefing and arrange properly,but just remember...we are there for a fun race...GOOD LUCK!!

i wonder which is do re & mi for mizans team..
Old 10-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by HPC
Jamal - Good point. I believe to be fair,at the end of the 2 hours,the team which is in front with the most number of laps will still win even if their car break down with 5 mins to go.Its only fair as they have done all the hard work to lead and if u can't catch them at the end of the 2 hours,then that just prove they are the better team.This race is goverened by time - 2 hours NOT LAPS.Therefore at the end of 2 hours,the team in front will be declared the winner.

Thanks for pointing it out for us to be clear on this issue.
CONFUSED leh...

which one is correct?

most lap is the winner

or

in front of the pack after 2 hours in the winner?

mop
Old 10-30-2004, 12:28 AM
HPC
Tech Master

mavicRR - Wah lan,what a team name.I cant even pronounce it.Can simplify ah?

mop_iko - The Team that is at the top of the computer screen at the end of the 2 hours will be the winner,regardless when their car stop running.

Fas n furious - Up to u guys.U can put Team RC Pitstop A and B.But becareful that u guys might get confused during the race,when announcements are made about your position,drivers rotation,..etc...I suggested different names so that u guys wont be going "what did he say?which team is leading?Is it Team A or B"... only my opinion,but final decision is yours.Let me know.

Cheers!
Old 10-30-2004, 12:31 AM
HPC
Tech Master

Since quite a few concerns during the driver change,I will do it in order then.Maybe 2 minutes before the change,all the replacement drivers will get onto the driver stand and stand behind.Then I will call 1 team at a time to bring in the car into the pits and changed.So I'll do it 1 at a time.

So no mess and I can visually make sure that the drivers do rotate.

How's that?
Old 10-30-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by HPC
mavicRR - Wah lan,what a team name.I cant even pronounce it.Can simplify ah?

mop_iko - The Team that is at the top of the computer screen at the end of the 2 hours will be the winner,regardless when their car stop running.

Fas n furious - Up to u guys.U can put Team RC Pitstop A and B.But becareful that u guys might get confused during the race,when announcements are made about your position,drivers rotation,..etc...I suggested different names so that u guys wont be going "what did he say?which team is leading?Is it Team A or B"... only my opinion,but final decision is yours.Let me know.

Cheers!
We will stick to Team GS and Team RC Pitstop!
Old 10-30-2004, 09:04 AM
HPC
Tech Master

Update :

Thomas Tan has withdrawn and Mr.Yew has replaced him.(I think thats how u spell his name,sorry)
Old 10-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

HEY HPC! HOW ABOUT A 2HRS BUGGY RACE?! NO ONE'S DONE THIS B4!
Old 11-02-2004, 12:18 AM
HPC
Tech Master

coolfuel - Actually,we thinking of 3 hours.Many years back I believe a 4 hours endurance was held before.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

OK, sounds good. Let's initiate the thing and start planning.... As u know, it takes months(!) to finalise a race.... AND let's raise the bar a bit..... push a 4 hrs/3 men team.... with 1 car! Whoah! That would be challenging!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.