Wiki Posts
Search

why???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

mr redclouds..
are u sure that rc stuff in malaysia are that expensive?
for me,malaysia is an rc heaven ( but still hongkong and japan are the best )
cheap and plenty of shop for us hobbist to go around
if we don't like this shop..a few ciggy then comes another hobby shop
also 80% of the shopowner are damn friendly and informative.

if u like u buy if u don't like don't buy
don't try to complicate thing with price..location..kiasu owner..greed owner and thing's like that.. it's your money man..spend it wisely and enjoy the hobby

p/s: tak sabar nak balik malaysia..huhuhuhuhuhu
Old 05-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

redclouds :

nah Malaysia rc car price are still very cheap.. there is alot of great hobbyshops at Malaysia. with reasonable price. Mostly when i buy rc product i will not ask for more discount because i understand they need to earn for covering their expenses.

trust me HOBBYSHOP expenses are very high. if you are one hobbyshop owner you can try to sell cheap. and see you can cover all the expenses or not
Old 05-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

i heard you redclouds, if you can find rc stuff cheaper on internet, why not buy it from the net?

for example, a pack of gens ace battery cost $95 with tax at my lhs but the same pack cost $35 on online hobby store with free shipping.

at the end of the day, its only a hobby for after work or weekend fun. you can always shop around to find the best price or you could get some used stuff to save yourself some money
Old 05-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crittertoo
to the OP, it's business bro. everyone is trying to earn $$$. so if you think they are expensive, turn away. But my advise is, don't turn so far, cause without your LHS surviving, your local bashing track would not be there as well.

it's a hobby to me, so i do not mind spending $$$ as it gives me pleasure and takes my mind off from the daily grind of life. as long as it does not cost an arm and a leg (this will be relative for each individual) , my hobby $$$ is always meant for the LHS, unless I cannot get the part here in MSIA, i will source for it elsewhere.

I do understand the basics of business that if they (the LHS) do not have a good cash flow, sooner or later, the LHS will belly up. When they belly up, where the heck am i going to bash with my rc buddies? where am i going to hang out? where do i go when i can "makan gaji" etc etc.

For me, it's the interaction between people and the love of our "rc cars" that bonds us without being prejudice to creed, colour, religion, sex, race and sexual preference!!! where the heck can i find another hobby like that?

it's tough for a LHS to survive in the Malaysian climate, the malaysia LHS cannot be as large as AMAIN or rcmart where they have a large population or close to their supplier's distribution network without having to worry about complex foreign custom procedures.

The LHS in malaysia is probably the 3rd or the 4th tier seller in the "distribution channel". How does one get bulk discount/credit facilities/cash flow/marketing funds etc etc to do this kinda business effectively and efficiently in this climate?

think about it...if your local rc track belly up...where do you bash & race?

my motto is simple...if i wanna play, i must be willing to PAY!!! if i am not willing to PAY, then I bloody pack my things and find another cheaper hobby (cheap is also relative to each individual financial standing)

just me 2 cents
that the spirit !!! please support you LHS !!! crittertoo
Old 05-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well, unlike to big online shops from the USA, the local LHS can only afford to order a certain amount of stock. As per whatever you buy in bulk, the larger your order, the better discount you can get. I feel that Malaysia has a good variety of products. Product support is what most look at. You are entitled to buy your stuff online but would it make sense for the LHS to help you if you ever encounter any problem? If we, as buyers do not support the LHS, if in the future, all the shops are close down, do you think you are better off having to order every single spare part you might need cause that's the only avenue you can get yr stuff?
My take. Support yr LHS whenever you can. My expenditure per month on R/C for both Internet and from the LHS are pretty comparable.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Initiate

as I said not all the LHS are like that!! only some with ridiculous price!!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr LowDown
mr redclouds..
are u sure that rc stuff in malaysia are that expensive?
for me,malaysia is an rc heaven ( but still hongkong and japan are the best )
cheap and plenty of shop for us hobbist to go around
if we don't like this shop..a few ciggy then comes another hobby shop
also 80% of the shopowner are damn friendly and informative.

if u like u buy if u don't like don't buy
don't try to complicate thing with price..location..kiasu owner..greed owner and thing's like that.. it's your money man..spend it wisely and enjoy the hobby

p/s: tak sabar nak balik malaysia..huhuhuhuhuhu
Old 05-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redclouds
as I said not all the LHS are like that!! only some with ridiculous price!!
well we're sure you have a solution because a discussion cannot be wasted. Hope you enjoy this hobby in the end

BTW, you're not forced to buy any specific product from any specific LHS. If the answer is to order online, then why not? I am sure there is a solution for you personally
Old 05-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Malaysia RC stuff is cheap and still at reasonable price. There are many reason for every LHS such as location, rental, daily business expenses, logistic, services, distributionship regulation, sometimes custom duty tax is the main culprit.
LHS also 'cari makan' like all the living people out there.

Try to figure out yourself why 1 coke can at mamak stall is RM1.80, 7e at the next block sell RM2.50 and 5star hotel at the next block is RM10.00.. all in the same location.

For me, the main thing is passion for this hobby which make you happy with your own budget. Everybody has their own buying power. I'm sure no LHS put a knife on your neck force you to buy.

So it's not an issue.

The last but not least, support our LHS for a better RC community.

HOP UP HOBBIES | Expand Your RC World!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trade barried in International business.

Originally Posted by Danny Teh
Some of the reason

1. Tax. It is 20% + 10% tax for all toys.
2. Air freight costs is HIGH.

Register business wouldn't avoid paying tax. As it is risky as customs officers do pay a visit to check on the products you import. If found there's discrepancies, the concern are liable court and high fines.

So these costs are pass down to consumers. We are lucky to be in malaysia. Thailand and Indonesia are even more expensive than us.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Trade barried in International business.
We are just common people / citizens.

Let's play car.
Can afford play more loh !
If cannot, play once a month loh like me.

DT
Old 05-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Hop Up Hobbies
Malaysia RC stuff is cheap and still at reasonable price. There are many reason for every LHS such as location, rental, daily business expenses, logistic, services, distributionship regulation, sometimes custom duty tax is the main culprit.
LHS also 'cari makan' like all the living people out there.

Try to figure out yourself why 1 coke can at mamak stall is RM1.80, 7e at the next block sell RM2.50 and 5star hotel at the next block is RM10.00.. all in the same location.

For me, the main thing is passion for this hobby which make you happy with your own budget. Everybody has their own buying power. I'm sure no LHS put a knife on your neck force you to buy.

So it's not an issue.

The last but not least, support our LHS for a better RC community.

HOP UP HOBBIES | Expand Your RC World!

YES totally agree !!!
redclouds : mb one day you will understand if you business or become taukey ...
Old 05-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny Teh
We are just common people / citizens.

Let's play car.
Can afford play more loh !
If cannot, play once a month loh like me.

DT
huahuahua... "i believe"...yeah right,once a month...
Old 05-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

who can create a excellent product in our country...then it is much cheaper...well hope it will be much cheaper in the future...
Old 05-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

huahuahua... "i believe"...yeah right,once a month...
True leh..............I only race once a month loh.
Play or practice time = One day before race............very very budget !

DT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.