Wiki Posts
Search

Glitch

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default Glitch

Hi all the Sifu.............may I know that .12 5 port turbo engine can cause glitch by using AM radio??? Meaning that car too fast and radio communication too slow...........can cause BANG!!!
Old 08-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Glitch

Originally posted by tkhoo
Hi all the Sifu.............may I know that .12 5 port turbo engine can cause glitch by using AM radio??? Meaning that car too fast and radio communication too slow...........can cause BANG!!!
It should be OK. Radio communication travels at the same speed as FM, its just that your servo are too slow. Just make sure that the Ant. wire is not touching any metal parts on the chassis or the servos.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thanks

Meaning that AM radio with 5 port turbo combination is NO Problem for the GLITCH..........I scare the car too fast and the radio can't communicate each other.........X-man u r the one only reply my question. Thank you very much,
Old 08-18-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Thanks

Meaning that AM radio with 5 port turbo combination is NO Problem for the GLITCH..........I scare the car too fast and the radio can't communicate each other.........X-man u r the one only reply my question. Thank you very much,
AM radio with 5 port engine is OK.
But however, you might get some interference from other FM radios if you are running your car with others.

Best thing to do if you still intend to use the AM radio is to spare a couple pair of Xtals at different band.

You can also install a fail safe at the throttle servo, which can be quite annoying.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Default OK

during I race at the track the combination of 3 port with AM radio is ok............meaning that now no problem for me playing with other. As you mention have interferance with other. Do 5 port with AM radio can cause interferance?? Or you just advice me that bring more crytal for backup.....
Old 08-20-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

glitch oh glith... and my hand itch... glitch oh glitch ...pls go away... my hand itch and I want to play...
Old 08-21-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: OK

during I race at the track the combination of 3 port with AM radio is ok............meaning that now no problem for me playing with other. As you mention have interferance with other. Do 5 port with AM radio can cause interferance?? Or you just advice me that bring more crytal for backup.....
I'm using the AM radio with a 5 port turbo engine. Till now there's no problem for me using it in competing in tournaments with all the 5 ports and FM radios.