Search

Paypal now available for Malaysian

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 10:43 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default can anyone interpret?

this is the latest email that i received from paypal ....anyone cares to interpret ? they are good at replying with long-winding mails

From "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date Thursday, July 1, 2004 0:24 am
To xxxx<xxxx>
Subject Re: Add/WithdrawFunds:WithdrawFunds (RoutingCode:C458-L001-Q220-T2500-S111) (KMM54971393V12602L0KM)
Dear xxxxx,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concerns. I am happy to assist you further.

The country listed with your home mailing address must coincide with the bank account you attempt to add. At this time we have expanded our bank withdrawals to include the banking systems of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom. Since you have registered your PayPal account under Malaysia, the only bank account you will be able to add is a U.S. bank account from a branch located within the United States.

PayPal is constantly working to expand and improve our services for our customers. We hope to be expanding our bank transfer capabilities to include more countries, but due to the complexities of global finance, we cannot give a timetable for this expansion.

Please note:

· Members in some countries may not use PayPal to receive
payments, and may only send payments

· Withdrawals to a foreign bank in U.S. denominated funds are not available with your PayPal Account. Only U.S. bank accounts, from a branch located within the U.S., denominated in U.S. Dollars can be added to a PayPal account

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us
again.

Sincerely,
Carolyn
PayPal Global Services
PayPal, an eBay Company
can we get away with opening up a citibank account here in kuala lumpur...or...one has to fly into USA bringing along tonnes of documents as to why an account needs to be opened up there while dodging cia, fbi, nsa etc etc ....
Old 06-30-2004, 11:58 PM
tornado

Default Re: can anyone interpret?

Originally posted by KoE
this is the latest email that i received from paypal ....anyone cares to interpret ? they are good at replying with long-winding mails

can we get away with opening up a citibank account here in kuala lumpur...or...one has to fly into USA bringing along tonnes of documents as to why an account needs to be opened up there while dodging cia, fbi, nsa etc etc ....
It simply means "NO" you can't withdraw funds outside US.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i guess saying NOT RIGHT NOW is not as stylish as the original email.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:46 AM
tornado

Originally posted by lee82gx
i guess saying NOT RIGHT NOW is not as stylish as the original email.
Yah yah...thats what it meant.....

Old 07-26-2004, 08:29 PM
tornado

Old 07-26-2004, 11:28 PM
KoE
Tech Master

after all the verification processes are done with, paypal will "reimburse" a usd1.75 or something close to that which they had charged earlier. i noticed that the account balance is substracted on the next transaction; ie. a payment of 123 will go like 121.25 + 1.75 (account balance). i'm not sure how to tell paypal not to "disturb" the balance
Old 07-27-2004, 03:05 AM
tornado

Originally posted by KoE
after all the verification processes are done with, paypal will "reimburse" a usd1.75 or something close to that which they had charged earlier. i noticed that the account balance is substracted on the next transaction; ie. a payment of 123 will go like 121.25 + 1.75 (account balance). i'm not sure how to tell paypal not to "disturb" the balance
Paypal will charge the receiving party .....something like handling charges I think. You don't get charged for sending though. I've seen people asking to add something like 3-4% for payment with paypal.

Bryan

Old 07-27-2004, 10:05 PM
tornado

Ok guys...if you're still interested in using Paypal and get your credit card (Visa/Master) verified without having the trouble to subscribe to Amex,,here is how you do it.... after signing up you just click on top left hand corner "Expanded Use" button and Paypal will do an "experimental charge" on your credit card (Master/Visa)....wait for your next card statement and check the charge by Paypal with a code which reads "PAYPAL ####* member" for an amount US1.95. Login one more time go back to same page and key in that silly 4 digit number and voala! your account is verified. Good luck comrades!

Bryan

Old 08-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

is there any other way to put credit into the pay pal account without using credit card?
Old 08-18-2004, 06:57 PM
tornado

not da momento mate.....not linked with a bank in the country yet...unless you have a bank account in SG you could sign up as a singaporean and voila ! you could fund your Paypal via bank account.... otherwise credit card is da only funding option.

Bryan

Old 08-18-2004, 07:41 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Originally posted by boydnhl
is there any other way to put credit into the pay pal account without using credit card?
any of ur buddies with paypal can "pay" u ie transfer the money into ur acct and u can pay ur buddy incld paypal transaction fee with cash or local bank transfer
Old 08-18-2004, 09:00 PM
tornado

Originally posted by KoE
any of ur buddies with paypal can "pay" u ie transfer the money into ur acct and u can pay ur buddy incld paypal transaction fee with cash or local bank transfer
You could pay your buddies via Paypal if they have one a/c with them.....and you could not transfer money from your bank nor pay cash to add credit to your Paypal a/c...they'll only charge your verified credit card if there is insufficient credits in your account for all your payment transactions through them. You could also receive payments from ur buddies too but you'll be charged a fee close to 4% for receiving. It is free when you send.

The only down side you could not withdraw the credit from the a/c 'cos they're not linked to any of our local banks yet. Despite this...it is very convenient and quick payment process for purchases via internet. Ur credit card exposure is also being limited to only one party via a secured site.

Perhaps if you have a friend in SG and has Paypal...you could send him the money and get him to cash in for you loh......marfan.

Bryan

Last edited by tornado; 08-18-2004 at 09:06 PM.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:18 PM
KoE
Tech Master

aiiioooo why r u making it sounds so complicated eh tornado did u see the word "pay" in inverted commas? he was just asking on how to put credit into paypal without having credit card. for those having paypal but without creditcard but need to pay anyone via paypal just pm me. i'll help u with it
Old 08-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by KoE
aiiioooo why r u making it sounds so complicated eh tornado did u see the word "pay" in inverted commas? he was just asking on how to put credit into paypal without having credit card. for those having paypal but without creditcard but need to pay anyone via paypal just pm me. i'll help u with it
that is nice of you koe and nice information tornado. thank you guys.

but will there be any extra charges to you or to me when you do that? cause i wouldnt want any extra charges be charge at you koe or any of my friend who is helping me.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:53 AM
tornado

Originally posted by KoE
Soli.....guess I'm either short sighted or long sighted or plainly blind... ...misunderstood ur post 'bout offering your Paypal services to ur friends... Well anyway...this is how it goes for now.

Bryan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.