Search

Cashless race

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 03:46 AM
tornado

Originally posted by Danny Teh
Of course it's a free country.

Yak, yak OK !

But try not to make an issue which will effect them - those organisers ( club, hobby shop or privateer )

They are the unsung heros in the sport. You enjoy the race, they suffer and face all the criticism.

Of course there are good and bad ones out there. It wouldn't be fair to place all of them in one basket.

Peace bruder me no make issue....borak kosong saja.....I know organisers are the unsung heroes.....have helped out in organising race b4.....like s@@t man....thats why I api api a bit but no issue...just main main....

Old 06-10-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

I think most of the AMB system owners are also hobby shop owner, they should recover some cost from a race. Those who organize race may somehow rather directly or indirectly have monetarty benifit from this hobby. The points is, let have a racer freindly race.

I know, low entrance fees may just an illusion. A racer who enter race will spend far more than entry fees. But we heard no complain from racer. If low entry fees is what racers want, then have a race with low value prize but smooth and professional race management. Then everyone will come to enjoy race........
Old 06-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Danny Teh
Those in the top flight, already have minimum 10 years in Rc racing whether local or overseas. Whether they used anything, they are just gonna have an advantage over the non season players.

To win or lose, it's just a hobby. Nothing really matters that much. It's not your bread and butter. So no point spending a vast of your fortune and compared with the hobby shop owners and sponsor drivers if you wants to be compared by them.

Ask many of the old bird, they will tell you, when they first started they couldn't even made the mains for one year. Let alone the A and B main.

In the yester years, 50 drivers, only A - C main, the rest you can take away. ( ta pau )

So you folks wanna be good, join races whether it a big or small race, gain enough exposure, I am sure everything will come your way, the trophy, money and sponsorship after those hard work and dedication in years to come.

that does not always true, here already 2 racer just the real fresh birdy played rc for around 3 month already getting good result

First driver already top driver in KK for just 3 months just 6 races attended
1 race rank 20+ out of 50, 2 race top ten, 3 race third out of 120 in the KKIR where singapore and west racer joint, 4 asean race top ten, 5 femcar bad result, last race just few days ago 3rd out all sabah top driver.

Second drive just 2 months 1 race attended few days ago top 20

so don't look down to new driver just good practise, guildance, well prepared and most of all fingers
Old 06-10-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by tornado
the point here is that the AMB system owners charges too much....wanna to recover their money back quickly.....thats too short shighted. Everyone is only interested to make a quickie rather than making the hobby easier on us and get more more more business in the process.
first of all the transponder will wear and tear very fast. even the wire alone cost RM500 if use normal wire will cost weak signal

2nd the cost of renting the system has been gone down dramatically compare to 5 years ago.

3rd fee for the operator is very high

4th alot of ppl own the system (in KK already 2 set)

nowday rental plus operator is around 500 to 600 per race
1. computer set, printer, ink, paper all are cost let say RM100
2. operator RM100 per day 2 days RM200
remain 200 for system -20% for wire and decorder
so 160 for 20 pcs transponder
each received RM8 only

each cost 80 euro now RM 300 you need 30+ race to recover cost

let say each month 1 race you need 3 years to recover if only 1 system, if 2set 6 years and so on

so i think the price at the moment is very resonable already
Old 06-10-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Back to the topic.

Even though if someone held a cashless race (which is a norm now in the south) , the registration fees will still stay almost the same.
I wouldnt want to go into details right now, but if you NEVER held a race before, renting all the equipments, preparing all the stuff before a race, employing DeeJay (optional), and etc etc, don say a race can be held with RM20 to RM30 registration.

Seriously. Don think its so easy as getting a AMB system and asking everyone to attend the race. The list goes on and on.

And trust me if i say some race organisers have lost money just holding a race. They are happy even if they can just break even at the end of the day.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

i thing the best way is AMB owner (me also) charge a fix rate per race per day. so the wear and tear will justified with the rental.

and organiser can budget their cost even few racer turn out.

e.g. RM5 per racer so for 1 day race 50 turn up RM250 for AMB, 100 racer RM500 so on

i'm sure no one want to race using stopwatch, paper and pen as their timming system right
Old 06-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by AdR|aN
And trust me if i say some race organisers have lost money just holding a race. They are happy even if they can just break even at the end of the day.
that's true all other cost that can / can't see may cost RM 1000 for a small race.

we all should appreciate the organiser that put in so much time and efford in the hobby (here we give a tumb up for KK LEE for the small race organised, always lost)

that's why some fun race the AMB system is free just to help to push the hobby
Old 06-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

cash less race will be my main aim in the future, but i will add in lucky draw. this is not only make some one happy or try their luck but the most important is to keep them in the track if not like usual those TQ (malay) will hilang
Old 06-10-2004, 06:40 PM
tornado

Originally posted by rcsabah
i thing the best way is AMB owner (me also) charge a fix rate per race per day. so the wear and tear will justified with the rental.

and organiser can budget their cost even few racer turn out.

e.g. RM5 per racer so for 1 day race 50 turn up RM250 for AMB, 100 racer RM500 so on

i'm sure no one want to race using stopwatch, paper and pen as their timming system right
I agree bruder.....with that rate fixed this way for AMB to per head count is fairer rather than to charge a flat rate whether thr days turnout sucks or super good. This would be fairer scenario and easier to budget a race and more economical. For all that matters is that everybody including the AMB owner should work out a win win situation so that this hobby could be here to stay for GOOD and not least easier to our pockets.

Old 06-10-2004, 06:44 PM
tornado

that's true all other cost that can / can't see may cost RM 1000 for a small race.

we all should appreciate the organiser that put in so much time and efford in the hobby (here we give a tumb up for KK LEE for the small race organised, always lost)

that's why some fun race the AMB system is free just to help to push the hobby
I also agree with this point too......So AMB owners.....if the turnout is bad...lets say less than 20.....provide a service for free just for the sake and the love of the hobby. Well said RCSabah!
I could not have said better myself.

Old 06-10-2004, 07:01 PM
tornado

first of all the transponder will wear and tear very fast. even the wire alone cost RM500 if use normal wire will cost weak signal

2nd the cost of renting the system has been gone down dramatically compare to 5 years ago.

3rd fee for the operator is very high

4th alot of ppl own the system (in KK already 2 set)

nowday rental plus operator is around 500 to 600 per race
1. computer set, printer, ink, paper all are cost let say RM100
2. operator RM100 per day 2 days RM200
remain 200 for system -20% for wire and decorder
so 160 for 20 pcs transponder
each received RM8 only

each cost 80 euro now RM 300 you need 30+ race to recover cost

let say each month 1 race you need 3 years to recover if only 1 system, if 2set 6 years and so on

so i think the price at the moment is very resonable already
Me being a businees also just wonder with full of curiosity.... may I ask a simple businessman question .......how many cycles the transponder will last and also the wire? I bet the decoder could last for years without problems with careful use.

Old 06-11-2004, 03:23 AM
Tech Adept

Fix rate per racer per day is a great idea. Now the organizer can have a more accurate budget.
We use normal cable as the detection cable. The cable was bury in the track. No low signal throughout the race.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

the system estimate will not last for more than 10 years not damage but outdated..

the 20pcs trans. will need to send to holland for checking and replace battery every 3 years as suggested by AMB.

is good that we mantain less no. of system and rented it out at a fair rate. we, LHS/club/asso. should work together don't rented out the thing like gold. so fever unit will be available in the market for devaluation.

1 or 2 units we have x race each year and x no. of race
10 or 20 units we still have the same x races and x racer each year

why don't we depreciate 2 units rather then 20 units we still have to change it at x years
Old 06-13-2004, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

For this I think my president have done thr right things. All future race will coordinate with you and rent yours. We have quite a number of personal transpoder here so local league race is not a problem.
I hope next time if we do have sponser, let the money channel to the right direction, Let more racer banifited rather than a small group of people. You know, sometime we have to " Surrender " to those talented or sponser driver, that is their job, but race is our hobby.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

yah yah

so they don't think they give their money to the top driver every race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.