Wiki Posts
Search

SSGP Championship Series 2010 - Round 5

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 11:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dear all,

Pls click and check out the official timing here !!!

Overall standing after round 5 will be posted soon.

Thanks for supports !!

Cheers ....
Old 07-21-2010, 02:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dear all,

Pls check out the current Overall Point Standing after SSGP Round 5 !!!

Cheers
Attached Files
Old 07-21-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks to all participants who supported our race till round 5. We appreciate this very very much.

Although we were tired after the event, we feel grateful and energetic because of the support rendered by you guys. For those who can't join us on last Sunday, do drop by our Round 6 which is tentatively scheduled in October after the Raya holidays.

Stay tuned as we are finalizing some new rulings and details for the next Season. But one things is for sure: SS48 Yokomo Stock Motor is going to stay.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Dear Drivers, I do noticed that many drivers DO NOT use servo saver on their precious and expensive steering servos. What is a servo saver?

A picture of an example of servo saver is as attached at the bottom of my post.

Perhaps many pro drivers would tell you that a servo saver would take away the responsiveness and render your cornering ability to a lesser degree. But you have to stayed informed that without a servo saver, your expensive servo is susceptible to damage during any collisions or accident on the track.

I would strongly suggest that you pick up a servo saver set and install one in your R/C car if your R/C car doesn't come with one. You can find one that suits your servo and your car in any reputable hobby shops in town. Do ask for more information from your favorite shops.

Start saving $$$ while enjoying the fun of R/C!
Attached Thumbnails SSGP Championship Series 2010 - Round 5-kimbrough_servo_saver.jpg  

Last edited by jychow; 07-21-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thanks

@jychow
Big thank you to the organizers for doing a good job on last Sunday. I finally get to race, instead of just being the organizer.

On our side in Kuantan, we are happy to be part of the SSGP revolution and its cause, which is sustainable RC racing.

Hope to see you guys soon. Take care.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Actually when I heard about 48T brush motor for race? That did not sound too exciting to me. After competing in the SSGP races for a couple of times now, I have to say that I am a changed man. Although I like more speed, but a race is a race and whatever speed you are competing at would still be a race.

But I suppose to race in SSGP is the 1 set tire rule. That really saved alot, and I hope to see SSGP can continue for a long time. But hopefully SSGP can change to SSBL? Or we can have the addition of SSBL?

Will definately have to thank Hobby Haven and all of their staff for making the SSGP races such a success. Hope to see more indoor races though. It is really very very good to be indoors again.

Keep up the good work and Happy RCing to all racers and RC goers.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kudos to Hobby Haven for hosting the indoor carpet race.

Tho the track is a tad bit too small, we had fun nonetheless. Accidents are prone to occur no matter what. Indoor racing is simply awesome and i suppose the Red Bull girls did add some "spark" to the event...

I think the series is heading into the right direction as evidenced by an overwhelming response from racers. Gosh...my name was originally in the waiting list and luckily managed to get into the race due to last minute pullout from other registered racers. Now that my team have prepaid our entrance fees for the final round, our seats are already confirmed! Fuhh...

Having of approximately 50 racers at one go for this SSGP series is indeed a positive sign. The simplicity of the handout brush motor, the manageable speed, one set tire ruling, true scale cars add all the fun factor.

Thanks to my buddies in Kuantan who made it all the way here to Atria - Jarryd, Hafiz & Shah. They have shown good support. Not to mention other racers from the neighboring states.

I sincerely hope we could have 2 venues for indoor carpet racing next year. Atria & Nilai. I am pretty sure Nilai Chong would be more than happy to host it...with ample parking and spacious ground for a big layout! As for mikecan's suggestion for SSGP brushless category, perhaps the consistent A-Main drivers or the who n who in Touring class could be promoted to this category. Otherwise, we could still opt to use the current 48T motor for these "experienced/skillful" racers.

Other than that....SSGP Rock!!!

See ya all in the final round.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

...but a race is a race and whatever speed you are competing at would still be a race...
@mikecan8
Good phrase. A race is a race no matter what.

@MTX3-B
Don't forget Din, Alex, and Billy. They are also Kuantan racers. On the note of promotion of drivers, i do think Hobby Haven is actively looking into this. Even our side here in Kuantan we have something up on our sleeves. On both the rules & regs and our last round. Stay tuned.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Tech Regular

Hi SSGP fans, I would like to take some time to share with you on our plan for next season of SSGP series.

Firstly, we would like to thank all the participants for making SSGP races successful.

Proposed changes are as follows:
a) We will be introducing a Pro-Class in addition to Novice and Open classes. The motors will be on hand-out basis as well. But it will be confirmed later on what type of motors to be used. Basically, we will promote the "Pro" drivers to this class and have them compete on the highest level (both in skill and equipments) of SSGP series.

b) New rules for Body Shells. In order to preserve the "Touring" car aspect of the SSGP, it is decided to not allow GT type of bodies.

c) Adding weights to winners' cars...... after every victory, the winners' cars will start the next race at x grams heavier. This is to put more even playing ground for participants.

We will share more details on the coming season of SSGP series at the later date. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Hello..

Hi eric-san,

Regarding bodyshell , as attach picture can be use for next year SSGP?

Thanks

Zainy

Originally Posted by jychow
Hi SSGP fans, I would like to take some time to share with you on our plan for next season of SSGP series.

Firstly, we would like to thank all the participants for making SSGP races successful.

a) We will be introducing a Pro-Class in addition to Novice and Open classes. The motors will be on hand-out basis as well. But it will be confirmed later on what type of motors to be used. Basically, we will promote the "Pro" drivers to this class and have them compete on the highest level (both in skill and equipments) of SSGP series.

b) New rules for Body Shells. In order to preserve the "Touring" car aspect of the SSGP, it is decided to not allow GT type of bodies.

c) Adding weights to winners' cars...... after every victory, the winners' cars will start the next race at x grams heavier. This is to put more even playing ground for participants.

We will share more details on the coming season of SSGP series at the later date. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails SSGP Championship Series 2010 - Round 5-nanothumb400-product-5263.jpg  
Old 08-10-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jychow

Waw. Next season will surely be more fun and exciting!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edward Chew
Waw. Next season will surely be more fun and exciting!
sure it will be...next season is just around the corner. december this year would mark the opening of round 1 SSGP 2011. sweet... with the clear demarcation of several categories (based on drivers skills), we do hope it will pave way for more participation. perhaps we could end the series with a splash...invitation to world class drivers to participate in the final round. IMO, the standard 48T motor ought to be used for all categories. SSGP is a one of its kind racing and it has caught good response thus far...SSGP is definitely heading into the right direction.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

japan GT bodyshell
BTCC and DTM how?

and also what about the spoiler?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys, thanks for your comments.

Regarding the Body shell ruling, we will definitely provide a new comprehensive guide in the very near future. We want to preserve the REAL car look. If GT style of body is allowed, we will probably end up with 1 or 2 types of body left to choose from in order to gain more advantage in aerodynamics. SSGP is all about SCALE racing. Let's keep it that way. So, if you are looking to invest in new body shells for the 2011 SSGP, just choose those with high roof and you would be fine. Sorry for the vague explanation for now. We will finalized the new ruling very soon.

Thanks for your comments on the motors. Will discuss with my team first.

We look forward to better events in the 2011 season. We have friends/partners in Kuantan, Kota Kinabalu, and JB organizing their SSGP series. We are gonna have a GRAND event at end of 2011 season. Definitely great things are happening!

Your support is the reason why SSGP series is successful. THANK YOU!

Last edited by jychow; 08-10-2010 at 05:21 AM. Reason: grammatical error.... :p
Old 08-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Eric,

SSGP is about scale racing, so i think stick with 48turn is fair to everyone, and i don't see 48turn is slow in term of corner and pickup, but ofcourse, it won't be any high speed, since we also don't have much big track in Klang Valley too. for the body shell, yes, i agree that we need more scale looking body , which is like production car body shell, that will make more fun too... just my 2cent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.