Search

IFMAR and FEMCa membership

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 05:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Soon.

Waiting for the details via email.

I will post up the details when I got it.

I don't even know who is who at the moment. I guess I been in the hobby for too long. I always support the club. Becos they are the one who bring in the rules to the hobby.

If you don't believe it. I can't say anything.

It is up to individual.

I would always like to compete in the highest level if opportunity allows. That's what I like the hobby about.

What your. is entirely up to you.

Old 01-31-2004, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

yah... just sent them an e-mail.. awaits their reply..... but lately u seems to have isolated urself to the offroads????

Originally posted by Danny Teh
Soon.

Waiting for the details via email.

I will post up the details when I got it.

I don't even know who is who at the moment. I guess I been in the hobby for too long. I always support the club. Becos they are the one who bring in the rules to the hobby.

If you don't believe it. I can't say anything.

It is up to individual.

I would always like to compete in the highest level if opportunity allows. That's what I like the hobby about.

What your. is entirely up to you.

Old 01-31-2004, 05:19 AM
Tech Champion

yah... just sent them an e-mail.. awaits their reply..... but lately u seems to have isolated urself to the offroads????
You see the only problems we all have is time. There's only so much 1 person can do than 5 person or a club.

I see you are doing something for electrics. Do it for the love for your class. I also think you are great. Great contribution.

Get your stock series up and link it with them to have a national series and ranking like offroad. It will do the electric drivers a great deal.

Why I am into offroad, first of all, is my love for the class. Since nobody is promoting it, I might be the blady one.

Maybe in the near future, we could sit down and discuss the future for this classes.

I don't what's your cause, but mine is definitely hobby and nothing commercial. Hates the political side of it.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

agree wif u.... as for me, i'm a marketing guy and rc gave me speed and races.... that's in my blood.... so i'm always there.... of course for a good cause....

so far.... tamiya had not paid me a single cent

godspeed

You see the only problems we all have is time. There's only so much 1 person can do than 5 person or a club.

I see you are doing something for electrics. Do it for the love for your class. I also think you are great. Great contribution.

Get your stock series up and link it with them to have a national series and ranking like offroad. It will do the electric drivers a great deal.

Why I am into offroad, first of all, is my love for the class. Since nobody is promoting it, I might be the blady one.

Maybe in the near future, we could sit down and discuss the future for this classes.

I don't what's your cause, but mine is definitely hobby and nothing commercial. Hates the political side of it.
Old 02-27-2004, 07:14 PM
DoT
Tech Rookie

What happened to this club?? no updates from the website?

Last edited by DoT; 03-05-2004 at 01:42 AM.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

No update doesn't mean they are in business.

Why don't you drop by the place or give them a ring?
Old 02-28-2004, 10:22 AM
HPC
Tech Master

Hi guys!! Just spoke to RC Lab people. Yes,they are serious and they are actually doing a great job.It's hard to inform u guys of all the details,but they face tons of problems which u wud never think of. So I really respect them for trying to do this. They don't benefit finacially out of this either.Believe it or not,I know. We had a general discussion and I highlighted some of the problems which they might face and the format of races they might run.Please do not mistake this as HPC having influnce in RC Lab IFMAR project,in fact we were the last hobby shop to meet them.All the other shops have given their support and suggestions too.

Lets hope it will all work out.But they have tons of obstacle in front of them.

Something for u guys to think about and comment.

There will be qualifying runs,championship based series to determine the top drivers and a proper national ranking for Malaysia.Ask yourself this,if RC Lab ask IFMAR for maybe,lets just say 10 slots to participate in IFMAR,and after the local championship,u made the top 10.Would u be willing to spend almost 8K for instance to pay for your own trip to Sweden,(In this case of the 1/8 off road) or Florida(1/10 EP) If u rwilling,how many other guys would be willing like yourself?
...or even exotic places like Uruguay?

Then RC Lab would have a dilemma with IFMARS for not fullfilling their obligations and wasting other countries slots.

Personally,I dont think Malaysia is ready for this unless we have sponsers or government funding. IFMAR can give u the slots,but can we fill it up?? Thats something to ask ourself first.

Maybe some may be willing to go as this is something new and first chance after so many years of trying,but what happens in the next IFMARs? Can Malaysia guarantee sending drivers to every event every year?

I dont think so.Thats y I think RC Lab will need a lot of support to make this privilidge permanent.

I do wish them the best.

Old 02-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default have faith, we must do it!

well, i believe this is sort of a catch-22 situation. If no good drivers from the country, international sponsors woundnt know there is(are) such talented drivers around from Malaysia. If we do not become part of Int. Racing Body, our drivers wouldnt be recognized no matter how good they really are.

I see that there are many talented drivers around the country, to send drivers oversea shouldn't be too difficult if they are sponsored (fully/ half) by local Hobby Companies. And i think our top drivers wouldnt hesitate to take up the challenge if they are REAL serious about R/C in the next 5-10 or maybe 15 years.

All the many serious racers in our country (top Mains finalists), i think they are real hardcore racers already. They have spent many years of racing, investments in all top of the range eqipment in RCs, and the most importantly the spirit of RC racing in the local scenes (KL, JB, Penang, Sabah, Sarawak..etc), the money and the time that spent all these while had already proof that they ARE serious in RC racing. And they are mostly self-funding all these while. To add up all the cost of going into all local races should be of equivalent to an air ticket to Sweden or maybe US.

If we can bring glory back, this would definitely help to promote the RC industry further and we might be seeing more international standard tracks all around the country and more companies involve in RC products..etc..etc...

well, just my 2 cts..

Old 03-04-2004, 10:13 PM
HPC
Tech Master

V-1-R - I agree with you completely.My message was more that to highlight how difficult and how much time and money RC Lab is investing to give us hobbyist a chance to participate at IFMARS.

So all u guys out there,please do not judge them(RC Lab) and think that they have ill intentions.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Totally agree.

I guess they all contributed tremendous financial and commitment effort into putting Malaysia in the World Map.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:39 AM
Tech Master

Totally agree.

I guess they all contributed tremendous financial and commitment effort into putting Malaysia in the World Map.
yeah.... at least they are the STARTER.... how about us the CONTINUER? i myself havent register as member. hehehehe.

mop
Old 03-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default updates?

Any updates on the developments? It would be a waste if this fails after doing so much work. Me and Suah will gladly give you guys a hand if needed.
Old 03-07-2004, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

Dear all, after reading the entire section of all the above posting. The initial reception was to criticize then there were support.

It is a good cause and at least we are going somewhere with this project. I will join to support this whether they abuse it or not. For their effort they have my vote.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Aiya. Yesterday I went to Kelana Square to visit RCMRC. Mana ada RCMRC sana ????! Where are you ??? Don't pray pray with Maresian.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

wah don't make malaysia out of IFMAR member list again