R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers

Old 04-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to sim600
Default RC Planet ordering problem

Last month, I put down a deposit for an Xray M18 Pro with the understanding that it would arrive with the current shipment. For the past few days, I've been calling their shop and have been reassured that I would get the kit. At first, the shipment was in Penang. Then, the rest of the shipment arrived in KL, but the supervisor in charge of sorting it was in a meeting, then the meeting went on longer than expected, then I was told he was a new supervisor so maybe he was in orientation briefing. Today, I got fed the final version, which was that there had never been any M18 Pros with this shipment, sorry, and the next shipment would come in maybe another month or two. I was supposed to get a call when the shipment got sorted. I never got any calls. It was always me calling them. Even had to call to receive the bad news.

So it seems now that this 1/18 car has a longer wait period than a 1/1 car.

Has anybody else had similar experiences with ordering?

Seems the story just gets better and better, so will update you guys on what happens next when they get back to me.

Search keywords: order deposit bad poor service problem disappointment

Edit: To be clear, I was talking about the RC Planet shop in Ikano (www.rcplanet.com.my) not the other online store (rcplanet.com), which is another entity altogether.

Last edited by sim600; 04-09-2009 at 06:03 PM.
sim600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yes, many of us DO have a problem with any back order and online purchases (seems like no one at RCPlanet bothers). I even called a few staff up and they kept on saying to do the purchases via website (the staff were never rude or anything).

So there we go, unless some kind of official announcement is made, avoid shopping from RCPlanet via their website or any back order items. They DO have the best prices around though, and I have never experienced any drama at their outlets.
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sim,

Try here http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-xra...2-p-22117.html
old-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
Tech Master

Sim600..

You have to be a die hard fan of Xray products to stand the problems faced with RC Planet.

I used to drive and race Xray cars. I love Xray cars .....but I lost my patience with them due to unavailability of spare part . I don't blame the staff at the outlets....they're very nice, understanding and friendly . Its also out of their hands and they can't do anything about it.

RC Planet used to be ok....when they got their Xray supplies from S'pore I think. I was so happy to learn that they got the M'sia Distributorship from XRAY last year....thinking that parts supply would be excellent. Unfortunately, with the new Management.....things got worse. Imagine.....so many ppl wanted T2009 since it launched in late 2008 and yet they only brought 5-6 car kits in their first shipment.

Ayoyoyo.....!!

I hope they get their act together! They must realise that racers are the ones who helped market their products. And w/o consistent parts supply, racers would leave for other reliable makes/brands. What they're doing is just hurting their own business....
shahrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
Tech Adept

As what above suggest, do a purchase at rcmarket as they normally have the stock you want and it takes less than a week to have the items deliver to your door-step.

I do oso try to order from RCP but disppointed when asked to give a deposit to secure a items which i think is not logical. As a distributor, they should have available stock anytime available at their branches. Even a dealer will not request for a deposit. Two NT1 Spur have to paid deposit. It's just crap.

Now i got all my parts from rcmarket as the price is so much cheaper even i pay a certain tax.
iphoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

part support......cam gampang
PintuJamban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to sim600

Thanks for the suggestions. I do shop online from time to time but I prefer to give some business to the LHS that organise races (RC Planet, to their credit, is one of them), but I was really not expecting so much difficulty in making what I thought was a simple purchase.

Had I known, I would have just bought online and the kit would have been delivered to my doorstep weeks ago and I wouldn't have had to waste my time, effort, petrol, parking and phone calls.

Speaking of which, no calls from them yet, surprise surprise. I'll call them this afternoon and see what the story is.

I agree with what you said Shahrin. Uncle Simon and Rudy are nice to talk to and the rest of the staff in Ikano are friendly, but this ordering and waiting business...it's for the birds.
sim600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:00 AM   #8
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim600 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I do shop online from time to time but I prefer to give some business to the LHS that organise races (RC Planet, to their credit, is one of them), but I was really not expecting so much difficulty in making what I thought was a simple purchase.

Had I known, I would have just bought online and the kit would have been delivered to my doorstep weeks ago and I wouldn't have had to waste my time, effort, petrol, parking and phone calls.

Speaking of which, no calls from them yet, surprise surprise. I'll call them this afternoon and see what the story is.

I agree with what you said Shahrin. Uncle Simon and Rudy are nice to talk to and the rest of the staff in Ikano are friendly, but this ordering and waiting business...it's for the birds.
Dear RcPlanet.Com.My....
please take note...
this thread is not for down grading u guys coz i believed that rcplanet.com.my is doing the best to support us rc player...
But if this thread was started by a worm like me then u can simply ignore it.. but if this thread started by a nice gentleman to deal with like Mr Sim600..then u'd better take note coz a lot of complaint from other RC player will soon appeared..

Mr PintuJamban and mr iphoone
part support....i agreed wit yaaa

my personel experience...
make me look like stupid kindergarden boy when i walked into their premise
with that eary look and smug face staring at yaa..bak kata org belum tanya
sudah kena marah hahahahahaha so without wasting my time i'm off to ikea
same thing happened at the location where they got that nice track beside the shop..... but this time thing i a bit better coz i ask 1 question and answered by 1 word answer maybe my bad to ask them a lot bout the track and 10 percent discount on my purchase ( no membership can't get any discount if buying from them )

but i still go there to playground which got that nice track and rcshop
buy ice cold can drink, relax and enjoy the RC enviroment there
jangan kena halau lepas ni sudah la
mivec1850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:25 AM   #9
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to sudhar93

Aiya...i also was about to deposit for M18 PRO.Guess what...I asked Rudy frm SS19..He said next shipment no M18 Pro.So i was fickled.So i double checked with Gwen.She said that too.So i kept my money for someother things and just upgrade my Haiboxing.RCPLANET...Hope you can let every of your staff know on whts going on or the stock arrival as each one of us get different story.Hope you get what i mean...
Old 04-10-2009, 06:40 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was thinking of getting Xray T2'009. Heard it was a great car. But while I playing many people had prob with common parts such as belt, pulley, arms & etc with their NT1. So this is a real discouraging....

For me before I place my order. I always insist if they have what I want. I always give them a call first of all. When they ask for booking fee. This is a tricky thing. Know why, cause the price quoted will never be the same. Reason being is our currency are decline againsts others foreign exchange. What if what you want cost you RM500 more (naik harga) than what initially agreed. Are you gonna pay for it? Besides that since you had placed a deposit. Are they gonna refund it?

If they said no item just forget it. I look around somewhere. Save you lots of hassle as well troubles.

From what I see RC Planet is spending most of the time doing the administration for their newly loyalty card. Which I strongly believe a huge bulk of their manpower are really tied there. For that itself it took me one month to get it. When I call the uncle at SS19 office, they always say HQ problem not sending to them.
Toh WL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to ~Gwen~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Gwen~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Gwen~
Default RC Planet Replies

Dear all customers,

Thank you for all the positive comments.
We would like to apologize on all inconvenience that we have been causing to all of you.

We understand that you all are getting different stories and issues on the stock arrival and spare part support. We are really sorry on the matter mentioned above. We will take the comments as advices for us to improve for better services.

If you have any other comments and you would like to talk to us personally, please fell free to call us at 03-5635 0732 (Gwen) or 016-228 6412 (Suah).

*Kindly, we are not able to reply all your questions in these two days due to we are organising the Penang Open RC Car Race 2009 in Penang.

Thank you.
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/people/Rcplanet-Malaysia/100000163312446
Email : sales@rcplanet.com.my

Last edited by ~Gwen~; 04-10-2009 at 09:10 PM.
~Gwen~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to ~Gwen~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Gwen~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Gwen~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toh WL View Post
I was thinking of getting Xray T2'009. Heard it was a great car. But while I playing many people had prob with common parts such as belt, pulley, arms & etc with their NT1. So this is a real discouraging....

For me before I place my order. I always insist if they have what I want. I always give them a call first of all. When they ask for booking fee. This is a tricky thing. Know why, cause the price quoted will never be the same. Reason being is our currency are decline againsts others foreign exchange. What if what you want cost you RM500 more (naik harga) than what initially agreed. Are you gonna pay for it? Besides that since you had placed a deposit. Are they gonna refund it?

If they said no item just forget it. I look around somewhere. Save you lots of hassle as well troubles.

From what I see RC Planet is spending most of the time doing the administration for their newly loyalty card. Which I strongly believe a huge bulk of their manpower are really tied there. For that itself it took me one month to get it. When I call the uncle at SS19 office, they always say HQ problem not sending to them.
Just to reply on your question asked, if customers are paying RM500 for a product which is selling RM1500, as the stock arrived, even the price goes up due to currency changed, we are still selling them the product in RM1500 as what we have been quoted them before this.

If a customer would like to cancel the deposit due to our late stock arrival and other mistakes, we have no problem in refunding the deposit.

I hope that I have answered your questions. If you still have any problems, please do call us directly at 03-5635 0732 (Gwen).

Thank you!
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/people/Rcplanet-Malaysia/100000163312446
Email : sales@rcplanet.com.my
~Gwen~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Gwen~ View Post
J

If a customer would like to cancel the deposit due to our late stock arrival and other mistakes, we have no problem in refunding the deposit.

I hope that I have answered your questions. If you still have any problems, please do call us directly at 03-5635 0732 (Gwen).

Thank you!
Agreed with Gwen about refund issue. RC planet has refund my money last few month due to late order arrival.

But parts support....total agreed with others
penyegat6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #14
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Happening Every Where La..

Parts supply shortage r happening every where la, just main problem r, who`s the worst? I dont know how bad the X Ray was, but try so hard to find Kyosho RRR part even worst ma..maybe not try hard enough..ask Mizan, ask toxxxx, ask Niko, ask erywhere..perh lucky me using mugen, no problem hehehe tq HPC / mizan for keep those part always there..(but some time kit supply putus gak 2,3 bulan..) see ? Its happening every where la...
Old 04-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #15
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza_phc View Post
Parts supply shortage r happening every where la, just main problem r, who`s the worst?
haaa ini logik....
UB0211042 is offline   Reply With Quote