Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mugen Malaysia

Hey guys and gals.. I looked around for a thread where Malaysians specifically, can share their thoughts and discussions on our Mugens and came up with nothing. So without further a due, Mugen Malaysia!

Feel free to discuss all things mugen, tips, tricks, problems (if any..hahah).

I myself would like to learn a thing or two from the local guys around here just to know what works, I mean, we all could save a buck or two learning from the more experienced guys..

MRX, MTX, MBX, anything lah you got as long Mugen will do..

So lets have at it !!
Chris,
Old 02-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

helo chris,
where did you get your mugen car kit from? i'm searching one for myself
Old 02-07-2009, 01:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey bro,

I got mine from HPC-Glenmarie back in Nov last year. It was a lucky buy actually... I was looking at getting an Xray NT1 cos of all the hype about it. But that wasnt in stock at the time so I went with the Mugen and never looked back nor will I anymore!! hahaha..

But Mugen stock barely exist. I spoke to Sam at HPC the other day (we were early for some testing) and he said that they ordered 8 kits, and on the day it arrived, all were sold..

Maybe you can try Mizan Hobbies in Titiwangsa? I remember his having a few the last time I was there for some parts..

Good luck bro!
Old 02-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks for the info bro. Yeah this car kit really hard to find. Same goes to serpent, I might end up with used car kit in the end
I've contacted bro mizan the other day asking for serpent but bad luck haha.. Maybe i'll ask him about mugen later on. so bro, where do you hang up? Are you into race tournament or just racing for fun?
Old 02-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nah, im no tournament racer at all.. In fact I just got into this RC thing about a month ago. The mugen is my first car.. Crazy, i know.. hahaha.. But its good in a way because I was told that to learn how to drive well you need a good handling car..

I usually race around HPC and Titiwangsa, but I dont go during peak testing hours because all ive got is an old skool AM controller, and clashing frequencies had punished me enough!! Ive learnt my lesson the hard way.. twice!! hahahah.. Im trying to save up for a DX3R, ive heard some good things about it.. and it feels so nice when I hold it..

I have a huge family, and alot of us are into RC's, some more serious than others tho, I think im the most 'into' it right now.. But because I have an AM radio, i dont get to race with them much because of the clashing freqs..

But with my car, its only me and my dad. Hes the mechanic and im the driver. We test during really odd timings, for instance, later this morning, (Sunday) at around 530am we will be heading out to titiwangsa for a test, its the only time to race when no one is around and I get a clear track to test on. Im still a new driver, lots of things to learn especially the driving aspect of it all.. But we dont mind, cos we just love RC's.. hahaha..

What about you bro? Where do you race around?
Old 02-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hi there...wellcome to mugen world....i also using mugen...hopefully we can meet up at TT and have a chit chat...

Old 02-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Wellcome to Mugen World bro,

Anything you need to know about Mugen just asking around, sure they will help you.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys,

I got a question. Does anyone else have trouble with stones n stuff getting stuck in the pulleys ar? Damn annoying wei, last week my front pulley damage until cannot use edi.. Then replace, now this week my rear diff pulley damage

Is it worth it getting some sort of aluminium pulleys? If so, where can I get those ar?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:06 PM
mrx
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

These cars aren't meant for street bashing bro....take ur car to a nice clean area to play or practice. I myself don't use alu pulleys in my mugens as they build up heat faster than the stock n also will stress the belt n strip it if the traction is very high or got hit by others car, just my 2 cents Welcome to Mugen world....
Old 02-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Welcome to TT, stones, pebbles and debris are part of everyday life . After all it's a public track and admission is free.. at the cost of our tax money to LHDN.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mrx
These cars aren't meant for street bashing bro....take ur car to a nice clean area to play or practice. I myself don't use alu pulleys in my mugens as they build up heat faster than the stock n also will stress the belt n strip it if the traction is very high or got hit by others car, just my 2 cents Welcome to Mugen world....
Nah, we dont street bash anymore. When we first bought the car, we never knew what a beast it really was and how much respect it deserved..

This is our first car by the way.. I really wanted to jump in the sport and get really into it, and I was told this was the best..

So we did bash it on the streets a little. But after one accident, we stopped. Now the car only comes out on the only 2 tracks i know.. TT and HPC..

Thanks for the tip on the Alu pulleys.. See this is the kinda info that only the experienced guys can give us, I really appreciate that.. Thanks! Anyone know how much the rear diff pulley and belt costs? I cant remember and need to set aside a little cash for this fix..

To Toh WL, yea, weve been to TT now quite a bit and weve spoken to some of the guys there and TT is known for is peebles and stuff. But thats ok, its free! I can appreciate TT more than HPC for its more forgiving curbs. Hit a curb at HPC and your flying!! hahaha.. But the people ive met at HPC so far have been great. Really friendly.. especially folks like Sam and the lady at the counter whose name I can never remember.. hahaha..

Maybe someday we can all organize a little clean up at TT, we can all go out with our brooms and stuff when it rains and give it a good scrub down.. Good idea no?

Thanks all !!

Last edited by xtopher_aaron; 02-09-2009 at 03:21 AM. Reason: clearifying statement!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:45 PM
mrx
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So sad that there r only few mugen drivers in malaysia compare to other brand..Lets hope that mugen will grow in the future.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yea, thats kinda surprising.. I really wonder why Mugen hasnt really kicked off in Malaysia.. Oh well, soon enough i guess..

By the way, to anyone interested, me and my dad were on leave today and we were running at TT today morning.. Stripped a second gear again. I think its because im using a cheapo AM controller, because when i hit full throttle, the chassis flexes like a U a little.. We tried to stop that by putting a tube and some tape behind the throttle trigger, but I guess it still didnt work too well..

Today was the first time I actually ran with someone else chasing me and I myself had a try at chasing them back. It was really fun, until the gear stripped.. But it was a little embarrasing also la.. hahaha.. it was an EP car. I was hammering him on the straights, but he was gaining on me around the turns. But still, it was really satisfying for a newbie driver!! ahhaha.. Practice makes perfect no? hahahha..
Old 02-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtopher_aaron
Yea, thats kinda surprising.. I really wonder why Mugen hasnt really kicked off in Malaysia.. Oh well, soon enough i guess..

By the way, to anyone interested, me and my dad were on leave today and we were running at TT today morning.. Stripped a second gear again. I think its because im using a cheapo AM controller, because when i hit full throttle, the chassis flexes like a U a little.. We tried to stop that by putting a tube and some tape behind the throttle trigger, but I guess it still didnt work too well..

Today was the first time I actually ran with someone else chasing me and I myself had a try at chasing them back. It was really fun, until the gear stripped.. But it was a little embarrasing also la.. hahaha.. it was an EP car. I was hammering him on the straights, but he was gaining on me around the turns. But still, it was really satisfying for a newbie driver!! ahhaha.. Practice makes perfect no? hahahha..

Go to Kota Raja, Klang Trek...there a lot mugen driver around there...

Last edited by shokyo; 02-10-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Shokyo, when you heading down to TT next? I wouldnt mind coming down to see you guys bash it out on TT and get some driving tips from you guys..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.