Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
1:8 EP BUGGY (CASTER) or ANY BRUSHLESS CONVERSION THREAD >

1:8 EP BUGGY (CASTER) or ANY BRUSHLESS CONVERSION THREAD

1:8 EP BUGGY (CASTER) or ANY BRUSHLESS CONVERSION THREAD

Old 01-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default 1:8 EP BUGGY (CASTER) or ANY BRUSHLESS CONVERSION THREAD

Hi all. Maybe we could discuss and exchange views and infos regarding the 1:8 scale EP BUGGY. This thing is becoming HOT in western countries and maybe we could start to make it happening in our local tracks as well.

Below is pic my ride..CASTER FUSION EP BUGGY..RTR of course. Just put your 2 packs of LIPO and TX batt and you can rempit like hell..haha

I just love it as I now can enjoy BASHING it around my house and basketball court. If really have time..then can rempit at PUTRAJAYA track some day..(tapi..panas..tak tahan lah kat track PUTRAJAYA)..hehe

I'm sure many of you guys out there just love to rempit..or play for fun. Just like me.. So I guess instead of pening2 kepala modify your existing buggy..just get this FUSION RTR 1:8 EP BUGGY.

Maybe I'm the first buyer of CASTER FUSION RTR EP BUGGY. The motor is FUSION 2045KV and the ESC is HOBBYWING 80A. Powerfull enuff for people like me.
Attached Thumbnails 1:8 EP BUGGY (CASTER) or ANY BRUSHLESS CONVERSION THREAD-dsc00035.jpg  
Old 01-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by azmin
Hi all. Maybe we could discuss and exchange views and infos regarding the 1:8 scale EP BUGGY. This thing is becoming HOT in western countries and maybe we could start to make it happening in our local tracks as well.

Below is pic my ride..CASTER FUSION EP BUGGY..RTR of course. Just put your 2 packs of LIPO and TX batt and you can rempit like hell..haha

I just love it as I now can enjoy BASHING it around my house and basketball court. If really have time..then can rempit at PUTRAJAYA track some day..(tapi..panas..tak tahan lah kat track PUTRAJAYA)..hehe

I'm sure many of you guys out there just love to rempit..or play for fun. Just like me.. So I guess instead of pening2 kepala modify your existing buggy..just get this FUSION RTR 1:8 EP BUGGY.

Maybe I'm the first buyer of CASTER FUSION RTR EP BUGGY. The motor is FUSION 2045KV and the ESC is HOBBYWING 80A. Powerfull enuff for people like me.
More pics of mine
Attached Thumbnails 1:8 EP BUGGY (CASTER) or ANY BRUSHLESS CONVERSION THREAD-dsc00023.jpg   1:8 EP BUGGY (CASTER) or ANY BRUSHLESS CONVERSION THREAD-dsc00031.jpg  
Old 01-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

BAGUS !! lol ~~ hobbywing esc can enougg for race liaw lo ~~ enogg u to goes race with amain !! LOL
Old 01-26-2009, 02:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i got mamba max wit LRP eraser 9.5t motor...
is it enough to power the 1/8 buggy?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default My any other brushless convertion

just wanna share some info -
1. MRX4 with Mtroniks truck ESC and 3000kv motor

2. Nitro TC3 with LRP sphere and 4.0T motor

3. Nitro TC3 with SP Feigao ESC and 11.5T motor (drift spec)

sorry for pix size ..

Last edited by spoket; 01-26-2009 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

wow! lot's of poison in here...
Old 01-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

(sob with joy). Finally it's happening.

Azmin, that buggy looks sharp. spoket, cool rides. 1/8th onroad is even more rare than it's offroad counterpart. Well done.

OK, here's my contribution :

1) This place sells nice batteries :

www.hobbycity.com

2) At the moment, the Castle Creations Mamba Monster Max is king of the hill as far as 8th scale esc is concerned. Many big boys are starting to OEM from CC. HPI Blur is one such example. Traxxas also getting into the act with its BL E-REVO due out soon. The first 2 revisions had issues mainly related to the case design of all things. Now that V3 is out, looks pretty stable.

Competition is not resting though. Tekin's RX8 is in the market or about to hit the market. Could be a worthy competitor. Only time will tell but expect the Tekin to be more expensive.

3) As far as I know, Neu or Neu OEM motors are the top dog in the BL conversion scene at the moment. Again, other manufacturers like Castle Creations, Tekno RC are using a variant of its design or outright OEM.

I'll be trying another brand named Medusa Research in my E-Revo very soon. Hopefully, it'll work out. Half the price of a Neu.

Really looking forward the coming year to see what's new. How the big boys will give their interpretation of 8th scale electric.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spoket
just wanna share some info -
1. MRX4 with Mtroniks truck ESC and 3000kv motor

2. Nitro TC3 with LRP sphere and 4.0T motor

3. Nitro TC3 with SP Feigao ESC and 11.5T motor (drift spec)

sorry for pix size ..
I like the 1/8 MRX4 conversion I tot of doing it but due to lack of place & time to play, I just convert my CRT can play anywhere. Btw hows the handling? Like a 4wd tourer?
Old 01-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Nice..nice...I have HYPER 8 and thinking of converting to brushless BUT I dont have tools. Thus,....anyone would construct it for me with labour cost of coz..hehe.

MAMBA MAX??..I dunt think it can support 1:8 scale..but MAMBA MONSTER..sure can
Old 01-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by joeling

Azmin, that buggy looks sharp. spoket, cool rides. 1/8th onroad is even more rare than it's offroad counterpart. Well done.

OK, here's my contribution :

1) This place sells nice batteries :

www.hobbycity.com

2) At the moment, the Castle Creations Mamba Monster Max is king of the hill as far as 8th scale esc is concerned. Many big boys are starting to OEM from CC. HPI Blur is one such example. Traxxas also getting into the act with its BL E-REVO due out soon. The first 2 revisions had issues mainly related to the case design of all things. Now that V3 is out, looks pretty stable.

Competition is not resting though. Tekin's RX8 is in the market or about to hit the market. Could be a worthy competitor. Only time will tell but expect the Tekin to be more expensive.

3) As far as I know, Neu or Neu OEM motors are the top dog in the BL conversion scene at the moment. Again, other manufacturers like Castle Creations, Tekno RC are using a variant of its design or outright OEM.

I'll be trying another brand named Medusa Research in my E-Revo very soon. Hopefully, it'll work out. Half the price of a Neu.

Really looking forward the coming year to see what's new. How the big boys will give their interpretation of 8th scale electric.
Thanks man. I browsed the HOBBYCITY website but could not find hardcase lipo..hemm..

U do lots of brushless converting???
Old 01-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Bro, Mamba Max can support 1/8, just depends how heavy & how big the wheels. I've done many tests. I've even ran it on Savage monster truck (on single ESC) without problems. If u check the internet, you should be able to find users with Mamba Max on 1/8 buggies & on-road also Run sensibly, it's not strictly necessary to run 6S.

MMM is the pioneer (althouth a rough start with so many versions until V3 as of today), I like them all the way but like Joeling mentioned... HPI BLUR (what a name ), Tekin & others also came out with their 1/8 capable brushless systems. They're all getting better & better.

Joeling has done many conversions. Only thing he didn't uploaded the photos yet hehe. i know he has a lot done in his garage .
Old 01-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
I like the 1/8 MRX4 conversion I tot of doing it but due to lack of place & time to play, I just convert my CRT can play anywhere. Btw hows the handling? Like a 4wd tourer?
Handling superb due to centralize battery position .. torque ok, just lack of speed

funding for another ESC combo from Speed Passion .. hopefully
Old 01-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by joeling

tq .

Planning for my next project, if i can get 1/8 off road kit cheap cheap one anyone?
Old 01-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spoket
Handling superb due to centralize battery position .. torque ok, just lack of speed

funding for another ESC combo from Speed Passion .. hopefully
I saw a brushless 1/8 tourer on you tube damn fast how much is d speed passion?
Old 01-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
I saw a brushless 1/8 tourer on you tube damn fast how much is d speed passion?
Still waiting from Tamiya Underground for the quotation ..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.