Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers
Where to get these engines in KL? >

Where to get these engines in KL?

Where to get these engines in KL?

Old 10-15-2003, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by tIANcI
Waaaah EVO with big carb ... I wonder what to do with the little 3 port GS I have ... hmmmm ... must buy a RR Carb and then get an MSpeed heatsink, MF crankshaft ... bet it will be a very fast engine then.
Old 10-16-2003, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Ok guy, this it what i have...

I already contacted GNC and asking about the STS Engine. The price is very very cheap for a 5 port turbo.
Im interested of getting this engine and maybe a good friend of mine also are interested of this little monster. So i just want to know a review about this engine. Anybody using this engine please post the review over here comparing with nova, rossi, mega, rb etc etc.... thanks guys...

STS RS5 5P turbo Engine - RMXXX
STS Dragon 5 5P Turbo Engine - RMXXX (Latest version)
Old 10-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

bodigat :
u can't put the 5P into ur SS u know....?
Old 10-16-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

i knew about that. its for my friend. Also for my new pro kit end of the year.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by bodigat
STS RS5 5P turbo Engine - RMXXX
STS Dragon 5 5P Turbo Engine - RMXXX (Latest version)
Get the Dragon. It is the later version. For the price and performance, it's quite worth it. In fact, the STS engines when tuned correctly can rival the better Italian engines.

I'm still running the RS3 version. Look at this thread discussion here. The STS RS3 is supposedly a hand modded engine but with normal glow plug. I changed the carb to a bored out Nova one (6.3 mm) and it flies.

The only problem I had with the engine is the piston and conrod bushing wore out pretty fast. At least this is what I experienced. Changed it to a 2nd hand Nova piston and conrod. Used back the same sleeve and everything works perfectly. Maybe the newer Dragon has better materials.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

InitialD - maybe I can port the GS and experiment, hehehe ... I will prob clean it then put away as a memorabilia
Old 10-17-2003, 12:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by InitialD
Get the Dragon. It is the later version. For the price and performance, it's quite worth it. In fact, the STS engines when tuned correctly can rival the better Italian engines.

I'm still running the RS3 version. Look at this thread discussion here. The STS RS3 is supposedly a hand modded engine but with normal glow plug. I changed the carb to a bored out Nova one (6.3 mm) and it flies.

The only problem I had with the engine is the piston and conrod bushing wore out pretty fast. At least this is what I experienced. Changed it to a 2nd hand Nova piston and conrod. Used back the same sleeve and everything works perfectly. Maybe the newer Dragon has better materials.
STS price is quite reasonable but does it easy to get parts for engine..lets say the Nova piston and conrod and sleeve? how much would it cost for nova sleeve and piston??

Old 10-17-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by ayzhad
how much would it cost for nova sleeve and piston??
About RM 300 to 400. Which I believe is close to 2/3 of the price of a complete STS engine.

STS Parts? Have you talked to the STS supplier? You can get them from down south in SG also.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:59 AM
GNC

Originally posted by ayzhad
STS price is quite reasonable but does it easy to get parts for engine..lets say the Nova piston and conrod and sleeve? how much would it cost for nova sleeve and piston??

ayzhad, we fully supply range of STS parts. Don't worry about the parts.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Gary,

The STS looks promising and the price is really a steal. Also what kind of kits that you stock at your hobby shop? What about the Schumacher R12? Is it any good? Just want to know other option than kyosho, mugen, snakes etc. What about the parts? Thanks
Old 10-17-2003, 01:12 AM
GNC

Gary,

The STS looks promising and the price is really a steal. Also what kind of kits that you stock at your hobby shop? What about the Schumacher R12? Is it any good? Just want to know other option than kyosho, mugen, snakes etc. What about the parts? Thanks
We are fully suplly Mugen and Schumacher parts and Kits. And we are fully supply Sanwa, Futaba, KO, STS, NovaRossi, Ellegi, Sprint...etc... Visit us for more detail..
Old 10-17-2003, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

I believe that the NovaRossi S5 piston and sleeve is at about RM380-400 now.

I got the piston, sleeve and conrod for RM350 while someone bought my older set for RM150.00!!! Hahahaha ... not bad huh? Then also I got a literally brand new (1 week old) shaft for RM50!!!!! Hehehe ...
Old 10-17-2003, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info Gary. BTW, you need to update your homepage and put all the kits and parts in there. It would be easier for us outstation RCists to view the parts & price.

Wow... the sleeve & piston of s5 are really cekik darah man... its better of getting a new engine rather than getting the parts.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:29 AM
GNC

Thanks for the info Gary. BTW, you need to update your homepage and put all the kits and parts in there. It would be easier for us outstation RCists to view the parts & price.

Wow... the sleeve & piston of s5 are really cekik darah man... its better of getting a new engine rather than getting the parts.
bodiget, we are updating our website now. Give me 2 more weeks to finish. Thank you. You can email me if you need to know any prices of parts and accessories.
Old 10-17-2003, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by GNC
bodiget, we are updating our website now. Give me 2 more weeks to finish. Thank you. You can email me if you need to know any prices of parts and accessories.
Actually its Bodigat not Bodiget hehehe... thanks for the info. Already ppl asking me privately about those STS engine. Send 3 ppl of your email.

Looking forward of viewing your homepage in two weeks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.