Search

Orca RC Products

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikecan8
Hello NitroKiwi,

I am not too familiar with the SC trucks. But I would guess driving the rear two wheels with so much power would make it hard to control. You may be able to try some timing on it. but I would guess its not too much. Maybe up to 12Deg for a 8.5T. You can increase the brake Freq to be higher as it will give you a smoother brake feel and force. It may make it easier to modulate the brakes.

Hope this helps.

Happy RCing.
Yes it's a lot of power for 2WD off-road but it's great fun!
I will play with the brake freq as suggested along with the timing. Thanks so much for your responses, much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Hi,Team Orca

Can you help me for setting ESC MK2 for ZERO TURBO
at Kota Raja track, Klang. (Motor 11.5T –Team Power).

Timing :
Turbo Delay :
Turbo Timing :
Turbo Interval :
PWM :
Initial Brake :
Brake Frequency :
Punch :
FDR :

Thank you.
Zan
Old 03-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=ezacknet;8833865]Hi,Team Orca

Hello ezacknet,

The setting are as below. Pls make sure to check the temp every 2-3min before you can determine if the setting is correct for you.

Timing : 30-33
Turbo Delay : 0-0.05
Turbo Timing : 48-52
Turbo Interval : 5-6
PWM : 8K
Initial Brake : Personal, I put 4%
Brake Frequency : 1.6KHz
Punch : 9
FDR : 7.6

Happy RCing.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Hi, Mike,

For setting turbo is OK,How about setting Zero Turbo for KR track. I want to play without setting Turbo.

Timing : xxx
Turbo Delay : 0
Turbo Timing : 0
Turbo Interval : 0
PWM : xxx
Initial Brake :xxx
Brake Frequency :
Punch : xxx
FDR : xxx

Thank you
Old 03-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Hello ezacknet,

My bad. Sorry for not reading more carefully. Anyway, personally I am not too familiar with the zero turbo for 11.5T. Especially on Team Powers motors. Best I could do is to do the best guess that I can. I would most recommend that you have a fan blowing at the motor and checking the motor's temp every 3 minutes to check for the motor's temp. Also why would you want to run zero turbo but want to run timing? The timing goes as high up as 39 deg, which is about the same as the MK1's turbo setting of 45deg. Anyway, I will give it a go but I don't guarantee that it will be correct the first time out.

Timing : 33
Turbo Delay : 0
Turbo Timing : 0
Turbo Interval : 0
PWM : 8K
Initial Brake : 4%
Brake Frequency : Personal taste. I would use maybe 2.0khz
Punch : Maximum 10
FDR : 7.0??? You can go lower if temp permits.

Happy RCing.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

ORCA Asia is proud to announce that we have been the chosen brand for most racers who were in the A-Main finals for the 1st round of the MNC 2011. I believe ORCA is also used by many racers in other mains and classes.

It was a very tough race for most outstation racers who did not have a chance to test and prepare for the race on Sunday. None the less, the outstation racers had many useful information from the local racers which is very helpful for all the racers who did not have a chance to test. Thanks to all of them.

DRIVER CAR ESC MOTOR Battery
1) Eric Ma(TQ)--Xray T3'11-----Tekin----Dualsky Z5----ORCA Infinite
2) M Shah-------Xray T3'11-----ORCA----ORCA RX-2----HUGE
3) Azri Amri-----YOK BD5-------ORCA----ORCA RX-2----ORCA Infinite
4) Michael Lo----Schu Mi4CX----ORCA----ORCA RX-2----ORCA Infinite
5) Norazam------TAM 417-------SP-------Dualsky Z5----ORCA Infinite
6) Nilai Chong---YOK BD5-------Dualsky-Dualsky Z5----Dualsky
7) Azwan---------Xray T3'11-----Tekin----ORCA RX-2----ORCA Infinite
8) Zuki-----------Xray T3'11-----ORCA----Dualsky Z5----Max Power
9) Shahrin-------YOK BD5--------ORCA---Speed Passion-ORCA Infinite
10)Bani----------Xray T3'11-----------------------------------------------

I apologize that I am not able to remember correctly what was used by everyone at the race and if I have made a mistake on what you have used, I am so sorry.

ORCA will continue to try and offer the best product availabe and be your choice of product to use for your future races.

Happy RCing.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

ORCA VRITRA TC-Spec PRO MK2 and ORCA RX-2 Motor Setting for MNC 2011, Round 1 at Batu Kawan Track.

Timing---------30Deg
Turbo Delay---0
Turbo Timing--52Deg
Turbo Interval-5
PWM-----------32K
Punch----------8
Drag Brake----0
Initial Brake---4%
Brake Freq-----1.8KHz
Motor Timing--3 Notches
FDR-------------7.4

Please note that the above is for reference and the driving feel and temperature will vary from driver to driver. Please make sure to check your motor temperature to ensure a safe temp is within tolerance of below 80Deg C.

Happy RCing.

Last edited by mikecan8; 03-29-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What's up with the new orca software not being accepted by ROAR? Just wondering if there will be an update to fix whatever the issue is.

thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by macdude
What's up with the new orca software not being accepted by ROAR? Just wondering if there will be an update to fix whatever the issue is.

thanks
Hello macdude,

I am not too sure about it. At this moment, ORCA is still trying to understand the situation and maybe we are late in submitting the ESC, therefore causing the ESC to be not approved at the last minute. ORCA believes that the new MK2 software and MK1 are identical when set to the Zero timing mode. ORCA will try our best to get the approval ASAP.

We have been using the zero timing here in Malaysia and we have found that ORCA and any other brands are having the same ultimate top speed when having the same FDR.

Hopefully, the situation will be resolved very very soon.

Happy RCing.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hello macdude,

I am not too sure about it. At this moment, ORCA is still trying to understand the situation and maybe we are late in submitting the ESC, therefore causing the ESC to be not approved at the last minute. ORCA believes that the new MK2 software and MK1 are identical when set to the Zero timing mode. ORCA will try our best to get the approval ASAP.

We have been using the zero timing here in Malaysia and we have found that ORCA and any other brands are having the same ultimate top speed when having the same FDR.

Hopefully, the situation will be resolved very very soon.

Happy RCing.
Thanks for the update.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by macdude

thanks
Hi macdude, there are some issues regarding the registration of the MkII speedo with ROAR. TeamORCA USA is communicating with ROAR to clear up the issues so the MkII speedo will be listed as soon as possible. Update may not be needed, but if it is, the MkII speedo will be updatable easily.

Hans
TeamORCA USA
Old 03-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ORCA Asia is proud to announce that we have been the chosen brand for most racers who were in the A-Main finals for the 1st round of the MNC 2011. I believe ORCA is also used by many racers in other mains and classes.

It was a very tough race for most outstation racers who did not have a chance to test and prepare for the race on Sunday. None the less, the outstation racers had many useful information from the local racers which is very helpful for all the racers who did not have a chance to test. Thanks to all of them.

DRIVER CAR ESC MOTOR Battery
1) Eric Ma(TQ)--Xray T3'11-----Tekin----Dualsky Z5----ORCA Infinite
2) M Shah-------Xray T3'11-----ORCA----ORCA RX-2----HUGE
3) Azri Amri-----YOK BD5-------ORCA----ORCA RX-2----ORCA Infinite
4) Michael Lo----Schu Mi4CX----ORCA----ORCA RX-2----ORCA Infinite
5) Norazam------TAM 417-------SP-------Dualsky Z5----ORCA Infinite
6) Nilai Chong---YOK BD5-------Dualsky-Dualsky Z5----Dualsky
7) Azwan---------Xray T3'11-----Tekin----ORCA RX-2----ORCA Infinite
8) Zuki-----------Xray T3'11-----ORCA----Dualsky Z5----Max Power
9) Shahrin-------YOK BD5--------ORCA---Speed Passion-ORCA Infinite
10)Bani----------Xray T3'11-----Tekin----ORCA RX-2----SMC

I apologize that I am not able to remember correctly what was used by everyone at the race and if I have made a mistake on what you have used, I am so sorry.

ORCA will continue to try and offer the best product availabe and be your choice of product to use for your future races.

Happy RCing.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RȘce
Thank you for correcting me and it is always welcome to see another ORCA user. Now ORCA is having 9 out of 10 A Mainers having some ORCA products in their car. How can ORCA get all 10 A Mainers with all ORCA products in their car?

Happy RCing.

p.s. I think its very difficult to get all 10 cars as my Shi Jou(Grand Master) Nilai Satoshi is committed to Dualsky products. I know he will be faster than me by the next round already.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

ORCA Asia would like to show our appreciation for the tremendous support of all ORCA's customers and with the superb performance of Team ORCA Asia in the recently held TITC 2011, ORCA Asia has been working closely with Hobby Haven to provide a appreciation offer for ORCA customers.

All RCers will be able to find out what is the special offer on hand by contacting Hobby Haven or your nearest LHS.

Once again, ORCA hopes that we will be your choice of RC products and if you are not already an ORCA users, we hope this will be your first step into the wonderful world of ORCA products.

Happy RCing.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Hello wondering if you can help.
my friend Vritra pro does not work unless the sensor cable is unplugged.
changed motor and sensor cable but no luck. Any ideas? Thanx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.