Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orca RC Products

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default setting

sir i use orca esc mk2+orca moto 10.5t and( 6.5t) for best setting ( Straight length is about 150ft is high speed track)
Old 06-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Tech Initiate

i have a small problem with combo 10.5 orca Q 6x.whenever i throttle or reverse with small amount of pressure or with shock pressure i wouldn't response directly.after pumping a few times than it's ok...is it due to setting...
Old 06-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by benserpent
sir i use orca esc mk2+orca moto 10.5t and( 6.5t) for best setting ( Straight length is about 150ft is high speed track)
Hello benserpent,

I think the 10.5T setting is readily available online in this thread, if you want to look back a few pages, you are able to get it. It will be similar to the VX setting.

As for the 6.5T motor, the setting you can try to use the setting below, please remember to update to the newest software, also please set the running mode to Modify Motor.

Timing : 18
Turbo Delay : 0
Turbo Timing : 36
Turbo Interval : 4
PWM : 32/64K
Motor Physical Timing : +2
FDR 7.2

Please remember to check the setting and check the temperature in 2min interval.

Happy RCing.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by apique_14
i have a small problem with combo 10.5 orca Q 6x.whenever i throttle or reverse with small amount of pressure or with shock pressure i wouldn't response directly.after pumping a few times than it's ok...is it due to setting...
Hello apique_14,

I think you would have to check the transmitter as some transmitter are slower in response. Also you would set the deadband to the lowest value. You can set it via ESC's buttons or using the 6X programming card.

If the problem persist, please bring in your ESC to your LHS for further diagnostic.

Happy RCing.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

hi mikecan8,

Do orca sale the sensor board inside the motor ? cause i think my sensor board fry. When i run my motor without a sensor cable it all ok but when i turn off the esc and put the sensor cable back and turn the ESC on, my motor hesitate to run and when it run its not running smoothly and sometime stalling and just hum with no load amp up to 100+ amp, I'm using orca Q6X and 10.5T motor.

Any possible reason ?
Old 07-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Nuai
hi mikecan8,

Do orca sale the sensor board inside the motor ? cause i think my sensor board fry. When i run my motor without a sensor cable it all ok but when i turn off the esc and put the sensor cable back and turn the ESC on, my motor hesitate to run and when it run its not running smoothly and sometime stalling and just hum with no load amp up to 100+ amp, I'm using orca Q6X and 10.5T motor.

Any possible reason ?
Hello Nuai,

Yes, the sensor board is available seperately. Please contace Hobby Haven for availability. But I would suggest to use another motor, maybe from a friend to test to see if its the motor that causing the problem rather than just buying the sensor board outright. Or you can visit Hobby Haven for some simple diagnostic to be done as well.

Happy RCing.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikecan8
Hello Nuai,

Yes, the sensor board is available seperately. Please contace Hobby Haven for availability. But I would suggest to use another motor, maybe from a friend to test to see if its the motor that causing the problem rather than just buying the sensor board outright. Or you can visit Hobby Haven for some simple diagnostic to be done as well.

Happy RCing.
Do you ever find this type of problem with orca Q 6X ESC or is it only just the
sensor board ?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Do you ever find this type of problem with orca Q 6X ESC or is it only just the
sensor board ?
Hello Nuai,

There will always be problems when it comes to electronics for any brand. Its not common, but it does happen. So I cannot be sure what happened to it until I am able to do a diagnostic.

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Need Help With My Orca Spark Q ESC

hye all....can anyone tell me the best setup for drifting using Spark Q ESC with Rx2 10.5t motor..i jus dun get which profile did i have to use...thanks a lot for helping me out...
Old 07-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ash.chedda
hye all....can anyone tell me the best setup for drifting using Spark Q ESC with Rx2 10.5t motor..i jus dun get which profile did i have to use...thanks a lot for helping me out...
Hello ash.chedda,

I am sorry for the late reply, but I will have to get back to you on this matter as I am no drift expert and I will have to consult with out Drift Team driver and get back to you. Sorry about that.

Hello apique_14,

Sorry I am not able to get the manual to you as yet, but I will definately get it to you by this week. Promise.

Happy RCing.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikecan8
Hello Nuai,

There will always be problems when it comes to electronics for any brand. Its not common, but it does happen. So I cannot be sure what happened to it until I am able to do a diagnostic.

Thanks.

Hi mikecan8,

regarding of my Orca Q6x problem, i just find out what is really causing my ESC to behave
so crazy, the problem is the connector inside the ESC for sensor cable have a dry solder
joint for one of it post, so i open my ESC and resolder all the joint and it cure the
problem.

So its not the sensor board after all, thank mike for your suggestion to use another motor,
because of that i know my motor still in good condition.

BTW, i know the Orca Q6x is not the top of the line in the Orca ESC product cause it don't
have the turbo and boost setting, but you can tell me what is the ultimate setting for
my Orca Q6x with RX2 10.5T, so i can push these ESC to it full performance.

1. Start Response =
2. Punch Mode =
3. PWM Mode =
4. Timming Mode =
5. Drag Brake =
6. Final Drive Ratio =
7. Motor Physical Timing =

Thank you, mikecan8
Old 07-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Hi mikecan8,

regarding of my Orca Q6x problem, i just find out what is really causing my ESC to behave
so crazy, the problem is the connector inside the ESC for sensor cable have a dry solder
joint for one of it post, so i open my ESC and resolder all the joint and it cure the
problem.

So its not the sensor board after all, thank mike for your suggestion to use another motor,
because of that i know my motor still in good condition.

BTW, i know the Orca Q6x is not the top of the line in the Orca ESC product cause it don't
have the turbo and boost setting, but you can tell me what is the ultimate setting for
my Orca Q6x with RX2 10.5T, so i can push these ESC to it full performance.

1. Start Response =
2. Punch Mode =
3. PWM Mode =
4. Timming Mode =
5. Drag Brake =
6. Final Drive Ratio =
7. Motor Physical Timing =

Thank you, mikecan8
Hello Nuai,

Its good to hear that everything is solved.

In any case, to run the 10.5T to its max potential on the 6X would be to basically put everything to max and play with the ratio and motor's physical timing. I can only give a suggestion as I have not been able to try the 6X without turbo. The best guess that I can try is maybe with a FDR of 6.0 first and then put +2 on the motor's physical timing side and check the temp every 2 min to make sure that the temp is within safe range. (Below 75deg is best)

Happy RCing.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

It has been a very busy few weeks for ORCA's Team Drivers as well as some great news for ORCA's users.

It was another round of MNC 2012 held in MBA track. The venue that all of us liked very much. It would not be too much of a surprise that Mr. Jacky Siow and son WoonFoong took the top 2 spots and with another veteran driver taking the top three spots. Running again with the GFT tires proved that GFT has made good effort to maintain the consistency of the tire compound while giving adequate traction through out. The full results are as follows.

PRO Stock 10.5T Boosted:
1st Jacky Siow (TQ) / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 / ORCA INFINITE / Xray T3'12
2nd Siow WoonFong / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 / ORCA INFINITE / Sakura DH

3rd Norazam
4th Michael Lo / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 / ORCA INFINITE / Xray T3'12
5th Shahrin / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 / ORCA INFINITE / Yokomo BD5Wxi

6th Nilai Chong
7th Azman Azam / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 / ORCA INFINITE / Xray T3'12
8th Ken Ng
9th James Ki
10th Aseng

Super Stock 13.5T Boosted:
1st Shahrin / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 / ORCA INFINITE / Yokomo BD5Wxi
2nd Yap Chew Kong / ORCA VX / ORCA INFINITE / Yokomo BD5Wxi
3rd Wong KokWai / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 / ORCA INFINITE / Xray T3'12

4th Nilai Chong
5th Ken Ng
6th Michael Lo / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 / ORCA INFINITE / VBC WildFire
7th Azahar / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 / ORCA INFINITE / Yokomo BD5Wxi
8th SC Leong / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 / ORCA INFINITE / Yokomo BD5Wxi

9th Lee HanChuang
10th Adigenki

Stock 17.5T:
1st Michael Lim / ORCA RX-2 / Sakura DH
2nd Amir KR / ORCA VTC MK2 / ORCA RX-2 / ORCA INFINITE / Yokomo BD5Wxi

3rd Sidy
4th Nazli
5th Jason Wong / ORCA VTC MK2 / ORCA RX-2 / Yokomo BD5Wx
6th Jeff Saw
7th Chris Oh / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 / Xray T3'12
8th Huzaiba

Last round of the ETS also showed ORCA Power once again. Although the track being an indoor track, it was very technical and it showed that ORCA can be driven fast in modified class even in such conditions for the last round of ETS in Austria. Alexander Hagberg came in 2nd for the final results for round 6 of ETS and came in 3rd overall for the year, which marks ORCA's first full season in ETS and coming in with such a great result is encouraging and we know the next season of ETS would and can only be better. The final results for round 6 are:

1. Yannic Prümper (DE) – Yokmo
2. Alexander Hagberg (SE) – Xray/ORCA VX/ORCA RX-2/ORCA INFINITE
3. Ronald Volker (DE) – Yokomo
4. Marc Rheinard (DE) – Tamiya
5. Christopher Krapp (DE) – Kyosh
6. Vitkor Wilck (SE) – Tamiya
7. Andy Moore (GB) – HB
8. Freddy Sudhoff (DE) – Awesomatix
9. Martin Hudy (SK) – Xray
10.Magnus Vässmar (SE) – Xray

Last but not least its the inaugural Shen Shiang Cup held in Kuching, E. Malaysia. It is one of the rare races where modified motors are ran at the race as the track is pretty big with some running as low as a 4.5T motor and it was a first time for me to drive a real modified motor(6.5T) in Malaysia for a long long time. It was nice to make many new friends and was also nice to see how RC is in E. Malaysia side and am very encouraged by the big turn out for the race. Thank you all for the great hospitality and a very special thank to Danny (Dan 21) for playing a great host during our stay in Kuching.

Qualifying Results:

TQ Wong Kok Wai 21 laps 5:06:737
2nd Norazam 21 laps 5:08.670
3rd Michael Lo 21 laps 5:09.028
4th Shahrin 21 laps 5:09.132
5th Nilai Chong 21 laps 5:10:332
6th Chor T 21 laps 5:12:899
7th KS Chu 21 laps 5:13:448
8th Azahar 21 laps 5:13.994
9th Azman Azam 20 laps 5:00:023
10th Jacson Lim 20 laps 5:00:523

The results are extremely close with all KL drivers making it into the A-Main with our up and coming driver Mr. Wong KokWai securing TQ for the first time, it was very encouraging results for ORCA. E. Malaysia also had very good showing lead by Mr. Tan Wee Chor (Chor T) and our FEMCA Champion from Sabah, Mr. KS Chu along with Mr. Jacson Lim rounding off the top 10. The times showed that you had to be well close of doing 21 laps to be in the A Main with less than 8 sec covering the top 8.

For all racers running ORCA VX ESC in the A Main, ORCA Asia also took the opportunity to let drivers have a taste of the V3.0 software that is catered for the VX ESC. It proved that it is much faster, up to 0.2sec faster per lap in the hands of TQ, Wong kokWai, being the only one out of 2 racers to clock a fastest lap time of 13.8sec and Michael Lo clocking a lap time of 13.9sec. proving that the new software has its potential and all racers who had tested it all gave their thumbs up. Coming soon to a VX ESC near you.

The final results after the 3 Finals are as follows.

1st Wong KokWai / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 6.5T / ORCA INFINITE / Xray T3'12
2nd Michael Lo / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 6.5T / ORCA INFINITE / Xray T3'12
3rd Chor T / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 6.5T
4th Azahar / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 6.5T / ORCA INFINITE / Yokomo BD5Wxi

5th Norazam
6th KS Chu Yokomo BD5Wxi
7th Jacson Lim
8th Nilai Chong Yokomo BD5Wxi
9th Azman Azam / ORCA VX / ORCA RX-2 6.5T / ORCA INFINITE / Xray T3'12
10th Shahrin / ORCA VX /ORCA INFINITE / Yokomo BD5Wxi

The final results proves again that ORCA is not only fast in the boosted class but also in modified class pitting it against all other brands as there were a wide variety of ESCs in the race like Tekin, HW, LRP and others. Having 6 cars with ORCA in their car again shows that ORCA is at its 50% or more result for all races that ORCA has its users in. ORCA proves its ease of driving and having superior power especially with the V3.0 software is able to catapult ORCA and its drivers to the top step of the podium. Proving, if you have ORCA in your car, you are a little closer to the podium. No guarantees though.

Another great month of racing for ORCA and hope all of our Muslim friends and racers would have a great fasting month and Ramadan that comes after.

Happy RCing. Will see all of you racers in September 2012 again.

Our TQ and Winner Mr. Wong KokWai, up and coming driver.

2nd place Mr. Michael Lo

3rd place Mr. Tan WeeChor (Chor T) Very very fast Miri driver

4th place Azahar, welcome come back to your racing form. ever closer to the podium

5th place Norazam, our friendliest driver that is always very cool.

6th place Mr. KS Chu, our FEMCA champion of 2010 and No. 1 Sabah racer

7th place Mr. Jacson Lim, a very supportive driver coming in from Brunei. Very fast also.

8th place Mr. Nilai Chong. Our home grown Satoshi. Still as fast as ever, but better luck next time.

9th place Mr. Azman Azam, Mambo king of Kuching.

10th place Mr. Shahrin, very very consistent lately but was only struck by a stroke of bad luck. Hope you can do better next time.

TOP 3 of the 1st Shen Shiang Cup 2012.

KL drivers. Missing our Nilai Chong who is busy socializing therefore out of the picture.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:12 AM
Tech Addict

Lightbulb Wrong polarity

Hello mikecan8,

Is there any hope of repairing my ecs if I accidentally short my esc power polarity? I'm using orca vitra mk2. No exploded caps and nothing melts. The only problem is got smell coming from the esc.

Please advised.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by evoton
Hello mikecan8,

Is there any hope of repairing my ecs if I accidentally short my esc power polarity? I'm using orca vitra mk2. No exploded caps and nothing melts. The only problem is got smell coming from the esc.

Please advised.

Thanks
Hello evoton,

Am sorry to say that the ESC is not repairable. As the ESC would not be in working condition once you have shorted. In some cases, the ESC may be functioning, but some FETs are already damaged or burnt, therefore it would not be advisable to use the ESC after you shorted the polarity.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.