R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Malaysian R/C Racers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #991
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 842
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnes.s View Post
Hello wondering if you can help.
my friend Vritra pro does not work unless the sensor cable is unplugged.
changed motor and sensor cable but no luck. Any ideas? Thanx
Hello guinnes.s,

I think the sensor board is not working. The only solution is to have it sent back to Hobby Haven and get a new one, at a cost, ofcourse. But you would be able to get a MK2 and pls remember to bring along your program card as the MK2 will only work with the MK2 program card.

Happy RCing.
mikecan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #992
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11
Default

Hy guys, I just bought Orca MK2 esc. Anyone have a good setup for this esc? Im running TRF416X and LRP X12 10.5T motor with oo(0) insert. Our local track has 45-50meters longstraight and has technical infield. Pls give me some advised with this esc.
mizah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #993
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 842
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizah View Post
Hy guys, I just bought Orca MK2 esc. Anyone have a good setup for this esc? Im running TRF416X and LRP X12 10.5T motor with oo(0) insert. Our local track has 45-50meters longstraight and has technical infield. Pls give me some advised with this esc.
Hello mizah,

The LRP X12 motor is a very fast motor, but its also one of the hotter ones out there. I would suggest you do a few check before using it with the MK2 ESC. It has been noticed by a few users that the sensor on the X12 may not be working prematurely and it may cause the current to back fire and fry the ESC. Hence we would advice that you do the following test to ensure that the motor's sensor is working properly.

You have to first turn all timing and turbo timing to '0' and run the motor on the bench, in the car ofcourse, and see if the motor is running smoothly and then slowly add timing to it to make sure that the motor will run with jitters/stutters and then you can add the normal timing on it. If you can try the same thing after you get some temperature into motor to see if it has the stutter.

The setting for a track of about 40-50m is quite big and with a technical infield would be a tough one to set. None the less, I will try my best and most importantly try to take the motor's temp every 2-3min to ensure that the setting is not too hot for the motor.

Timing 30Deg
Turbo Delay 0
Turbo Timing 50-52Deg
Turbo Interval 5/6
PWM 32/64K
Punch 8

Let me know if you have any problems. Hope the setting helps.

Happy RCing.
mikecan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #994
Tech Rookie
 
StartingGrid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 13
Default

mike..PM me price for 2packs of orca 60c 5500mah..
StartingGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #995
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 3,863
Default

Do the Orca 5500 60c 7.4v packs have humps on the bottom or are they flat?
__________________
Mike J. Mc. (Roar No. 3-95872)
Team eXpress Motorsports : Ho-b Max : Debbies RC World
Yokomo BD7 2013 (Borrowed/Mod) : Tamiya Samix Aluminum 418 (17.5 Blinky/USGT) : Tamiya TA05 (USGT)
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:37 AM   #996
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 842
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Do the Orca 5500 60c 7.4v packs have humps on the bottom or are they flat?
Hello JimmyMac,

Nope, the ORCA Infinite 5500 60C does not have humps at the bottom. They are flat bottom.

Happy RCing.
mikecan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #997
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 3,863
Default

Thanks, just what I wanted to hear. I'm getting back into racing again, so I'm gonna buy this pack. I guess I'll run Orca packs, 17.5 motor, and ESC... Muh hahahaha
__________________
Mike J. Mc. (Roar No. 3-95872)
Team eXpress Motorsports : Ho-b Max : Debbies RC World
Yokomo BD7 2013 (Borrowed/Mod) : Tamiya Samix Aluminum 418 (17.5 Blinky/USGT) : Tamiya TA05 (USGT)
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #998
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 842
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Thanks, just what I wanted to hear. I'm getting back into racing again, so I'm gonna buy this pack. I guess I'll run Orca packs, 17.5 motor, and ESC... Muh hahahaha
Hello JimmyMac,

Thanks for your support and I am quite sure you would find the INFINITE 5500 60Cs to be the best bang for the buck batteries around.

Happy RCing.
mikecan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:07 AM   #999
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecan8 View Post
Hello JimmyMac,

Nope, the ORCA Infinite 5500 60C does not have humps at the bottom. They are flat bottom.

Happy RCing.
deal of the year right? pm me the price pls or sms 0122161411
Kimikewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #1000
Tech Addict
 
aqeel200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 704
Default

hi mike, PM me for your best price of

a) 2 x ORCA infinite 5500mah 60C
b) 4 x ORCA infinite 5500mAH 60C
c) 6 x ORCA infinite 5500mAH 60C

This is for personal use. Thinking of changing brand. If price is good, i might go for c.

thanks.
__________________
1 LST2/Z.30R S3/DX3S-fully modded, 2 LST2/ZR.30 S2/DX3S-full mod
3 E-LST2/MMonster+Neu 1515 2200kv/DX3S-full mod, 4. HPI Savage Flux/MMM+2200kv/DX3S - BP HD full mod 5 Hyper SS/.21T/DX3S-full option.8. Hyper SS/.21T/DX3S - full option. 7.Agama Evo R4,RB engine,DX4S - full option. 8. Sworkz S350BK1 EVO FCSS wt option,MT4.
aqeel200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #1001
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 842
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqeel200 View Post
hi mike, PM me for your best price of

a) 2 x ORCA infinite 5500mah 60C
b) 4 x ORCA infinite 5500mAH 60C
c) 6 x ORCA infinite 5500mAH 60C

This is for personal use. Thinking of changing brand. If price is good, i might go for c.

thanks.
Hello aqeel200,

I think the price of 2X Infinite 5500 60C is already at its best. Therefore 4 X Infinite 5500 60C is 2 X the price of 2X Infinite 5500 60C and 6 X Infinite 5500 60C is 3X the price of 2 X of Infinite 5500 60C.

I think if you have been shopping around, it is the best bang for the buck in terms of performance and pricing. Therefore I do not think there is anymore better price than BEST price.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Happy RCing.

p.s. For availability, please contact Hobby Haven.
mikecan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #1002
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 701
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecan8 View Post
Hello aqeel200,

I think the price of 2X Infinite 5500 60C is already at its best. Therefore 4 X Infinite 5500 60C is 2 X the price of 2X Infinite 5500 60C and 6 X Infinite 5500 60C is 3X the price of 2 X of Infinite 5500 60C.

I think if you have been shopping around, it is the best bang for the buck in terms of performance and pricing. Therefore I do not think there is anymore better price than BEST price.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Happy RCing.

p.s. For availability, please contact Hobby Haven.

Hmmm,... maybe if you order a 40' long container of Infinite 5500 60C, then only can get lower price

On serious note,... yup, in term of pricing & performance, the pricing of 2x Infinite 5500 60C is the best in the market, at least at this moment.
Sorry to 'kay-poh', I am commenting only as a happy customer.
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #1003
Tech Addict
 
aqeel200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecan8 View Post
Hello aqeel200,

I think the price of 2X Infinite 5500 60C is already at its best. Therefore 4 X Infinite 5500 60C is 2 X the price of 2X Infinite 5500 60C and 6 X Infinite 5500 60C is 3X the price of 2 X of Infinite 5500 60C.

I think if you have been shopping around, it is the best bang for the buck in terms of performance and pricing. Therefore I do not think there is anymore better price than BEST price.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Happy RCing.

p.s. For availability, please contact Hobby Haven.

what is rhe price of 2 unit as 'its already at its best price'. i hv no idea?

some LHS when contated at diff times will gv diff prices for the same product. I see this happening alot. sadly, even an OKU (visible) who wanted to go into RC hobby is not spared and taken advantage of (maximum) - sorry, this was made known to me by the OKU friend. I introduce RC to him.

if u can PM me what would be the 'best selling price' as claimed, i would appreciate it as it would be a good guidance/indicator. there has to be a good balance of making profits with returning customers as opposed to what my OKU friend encountered - paying rm850 for something that is sold around rm400-rm450.

appreciate the guidance
__________________
1 LST2/Z.30R S3/DX3S-fully modded, 2 LST2/ZR.30 S2/DX3S-full mod
3 E-LST2/MMonster+Neu 1515 2200kv/DX3S-full mod, 4. HPI Savage Flux/MMM+2200kv/DX3S - BP HD full mod 5 Hyper SS/.21T/DX3S-full option.8. Hyper SS/.21T/DX3S - full option. 7.Agama Evo R4,RB engine,DX4S - full option. 8. Sworkz S350BK1 EVO FCSS wt option,MT4.
aqeel200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #1004
Tech Addict
 
aqeel200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqeel200 View Post
what is rhe price of 2 unit as 'its already at its best price'. i hv no idea?

some LHS when contated at diff times will gv diff prices for the same product. I see this happening alot. sadly, even an OKU (visible) who wanted to go into RC hobby is not spared and taken advantage of (maximum) - sorry, this was made known to me by the OKU friend. I introduce RC to him.

if u can PM me what would be the 'best selling price' as claimed, i would appreciate it as it would be a good guidance/indicator. there has to be a good balance of making profits with returning customers as opposed to what my OKU friend encountered - paying rm850 for something that is sold around rm400-rm450.

appreciate the guidance
called hobby heaven.

customer service and explanation is very good. price and justification is good. warranty coverage explanation is acceptable. too bad the lhs that con my OKU friend isn't like that. I have booked 6 units of ORCA battery. will pick it up this evening or tomorrow.

apologize to all readers for being so cautious and little reserve (due to some bad experience) as i see this hobby encourage good friendship and family involvement(for me as opposed to golf or any other solo or unhealthy hobbies that does not involve family). even my 6 year old has been fun racing 1/8MTs/SC with the big boys at our regular weekly spot. again I apologize for the cautious perceptions. If all is good, I will definitely frequent hobby heaven for my family RC supply.

cheers
__________________
1 LST2/Z.30R S3/DX3S-fully modded, 2 LST2/ZR.30 S2/DX3S-full mod
3 E-LST2/MMonster+Neu 1515 2200kv/DX3S-full mod, 4. HPI Savage Flux/MMM+2200kv/DX3S - BP HD full mod 5 Hyper SS/.21T/DX3S-full option.8. Hyper SS/.21T/DX3S - full option. 7.Agama Evo R4,RB engine,DX4S - full option. 8. Sworkz S350BK1 EVO FCSS wt option,MT4.
aqeel200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #1005
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 842
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
Hmmm,... maybe if you order a 40' long container of Infinite 5500 60C, then only can get lower price

On serious note,... yup, in term of pricing & performance, the pricing of 2x Infinite 5500 60C is the best in the market, at least at this moment.
Sorry to 'kay-poh', I am commenting only as a happy customer.
Hello hobbs,

Thank you for concurring with me and ORCA. As I mentioned, this is a very rare deal and I must say I am delighted that most users that I have been able to interact with are all very happy about the product, that to ORCA is the most important as ORCA has always pride itself with the quality of our products. The price, is a very big bonus and it is our way of saying a big thank you to all racers/users which has always stood by ORCA and ORCA did not disappoint and have proven that it can be up there with the rest.

Happy RCing.
mikecan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ko EX-1 UR C_Suzuki Radio and Electronics 219 04-06-2012 10:36 AM
RC equipments for Sale ijnek Malaysian R/C Racers 22836 09-09-2009 12:50 PM


All times are GMT -8. It is currently 03:54 PM.



SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0