tracks or shops near kluang

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tracks or shops near kluang

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

What junk?! I had a lot of fun with it. Massimo Fantini ... hmmm ... not sure if I want o go for that, most tempting but still ... just get a nice S5 and let CHAMPION DUCK balance it out. I mean 90% of the time its either Atria or Kebun for me, S5 is sufficient don't you think?

Anyways, Mugen with a slightly lower 1st gear ratio is lovely. Much more fun coming out of the corners now!

Advantage at Kebun? not sure ... I think it should be ok as they are not going to change the layout. Just that to race must have some kaki there. Then it will be fun.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by tIANcI
not sure if I want o go for that, most tempting but still
Best is to channel that money into changing your current controller and servos. That will make hell of a difference in driving. Trust me.

Anyways, Mugen with a slightly lower 1st gear ratio is lovely. Much more fun coming out of the corners now!
You mean smaller pinion, higher gear ratio... Lower gear ratio will give you top speed, not punch !
Old 09-25-2003, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Spawn -what weekend bashing, I don't see you at Atria at all!!! Traitor!!!

Haha!!, every sunday I will pack my stuff into my car but if the weather is really hot I will stay home and enjoy the air con. I get sick easily from overexposure of the sun. Can pensan coz too hot. Let's hope this coming sunday is a bit cloudier. Now I am even too lazy to change the gear ratio, just run with whatever is on the car. .
Old 09-25-2003, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

had only one body shell that was falling apart!
u mean u're using the mini shell

spawn is using the same mx-3 radio as u. should be ok if u wanna safe some money otw juz upgrade to vx or vr servos. i've even seen ppl using blazer and it rocks

cum to think of it there was one guy using blazer with tc3 in GS SA race. pity he din finished the race coz after a flip he got problem starting the car..no prizes for guessing who
Old 09-25-2003, 01:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by spawn
Let's hope this coming sunday is a bit cloudier.
Instead of doing the sun dance for no rain, you guys should do the cloud dance... But no rain please !

Now I am even too lazy to change the gear ratio, just run with whatever is on the car. .
Have two cars with two different engines geared differently ! Or cheaper still would be to have two engines, each alreay equipped with different clutch and pinions.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by pokemon
spawn is using the same mx-3 radio as u. should be ok if u wanna safe some money otw juz upgrade to vx or vr servos. i've even seen ppl using blazer and it rocks
Yes, I would agree with the servos thingy. I initially used the cheaper Futaba 3PDF gun with 2 Futaba S9450 digital servos. It was a very good combo. Almost as good as what I have now. The 3PDF is a no frills radio with limited basic functions that works exactly as the higher end 3PJS or the 3PK. However, I found that the lack in a built-in fail safe is a hindering thing. Almost frustrating some times especially during a competition where the radios are not impound.

I'll have to admit that most of the functions on the 3PK I have no idea to use. I use it mostly because of the fail safe feature it has and the ease of changing settings on the fly.

Anyway, I made some calculations myself and seeing that 2 digital servos will cost you almost RM 800, might as well get the complete 3PK set for RM 600 more. Well, one may argue that there isn't any need for digital servos for the throttle but then again... My 2 cents.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
Yes, I would agree with the servos thingy. I initially used the cheaper Futaba 3PDF gun with 2 Futaba S9450 digital servos. It was a very good combo. Almost as good as what I have now. The 3PDF is a no frills radio with limited basic functions that works exactly as the higher end 3PJS or the 3PK. However, I found that the lack in a built-in fail safe is a hindering thing. Almost frustrating some times especially during a competition where the radios are not impound.

I'll have to admit that most of the functions on the 3PK I have no idea to use. I use it mostly because of the fail safe feature it has and the ease of changing settings on the fly.

Anyway, I made some calculations myself and seeing that 2 digital servos will cost you almost RM 800, might as well get the complete 3PK set for RM 600 more. Well, one may argue that there isn't any need for digital servos for the throttle but then again... My 2 cents.
I am pretty satisfied with my Mx3 with venom failsafe. It worked a couple of times for me but not when someone has the same freq and same brand of tx. Can you believe that one of the days I ran my car till the fail safe kicked in coz low rx batt. I think I switched the car on for a couple of hours non-stop. As for servos, they are still on my list but 2004 budget did not have any reduction in personal taxes so have to just wait for a couple of months. However I think the subtrim and EPA on the digital TX are damn useful.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

InitialD - what I did was to get a lower gear ratio for 1st speed and higher for 2nd speed (I do not mean lower number), in terms of numbers the opposite la. That is the funny things about all this ratio talk, to get more acceleration you say lower gear ratio but the number is actually higher. But you know what I am saying.

I know I really ought to get a new controller, just grown attached to the MX3, I would love a 3PJS for sure. I got a nice servo so only need another digital one for the steering when I get a controller.

Spawn - you need come colour ok!!! See I look better now!!! Hahahaha ... I will bring you some CopperTone 50 ok!!! Also, I can change for you, very fast only, about 10 mins.

Pokemon - not the mini la ... was a 156 but had a small tear, the tear got bigger and bigger!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 01:28 AM
Tech Prophet

InitialD - what I did was to get a lower gear ratio for 1st speed and higher for 2nd speed (I do not mean lower number), in terms of numbers the opposite la. That is the funny things about all this ratio talk, to get more acceleration you say lower gear ratio but the number is actually higher. But you know what I am saying.
I know what you mean but what you have mentioned can be confusing for some of us. So the correct sentence should be higher gear ratio for more acceleration and low ratio for high speed.

If you want to be certain, better stick to numbers then. It is more universal and everybody understands them.

So you're saying you went from 16/20 stock to 15/21 pinions?
Old 09-25-2003, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Sorry Master ... *kneel down in shame* Hahahaha ... I changed the spur, easier and also because I sapu the 1st speed so might as well.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:36 AM
Tech Prophet

I am pretty satisfied with my Mx3 with venom failsafe. It worked a couple of times for me but not when someone has the same freq and same brand of tx. Can you believe that one of the days I ran my car till the fail safe kicked in coz low rx batt. I think I switched the car on for a couple of hours non-stop. As for servos, they are still on my list but 2004 budget did not have any reduction in personal taxes so have to just wait for a couple of months. However I think the subtrim and EPA on the digital TX are damn useful.
Yes, the Venom fail safe will protect you from glitch as well as low RX battery. I had that too when I was using the 3PDF.

I always think that a good gun is very important to get initially if you want to enjoy playing and racing. It's an investment and if you ask any old bird, that would probably be the last thing they sell or give up. If they come back to playing / racing RC, they'll stick back to their same Tx/Rx gear. That's how it is.

Imagine that the Tx/Rx is the only thing that is communicating between you and your car. You will want to translate as quickly and as accurately as possible your hand motions to the servos of the car. EP car you can probably get away but high powered gas cars can be very demanding. Digital servos especially for steering centers better and has better holding power.

Sorry if I sound like I work for Futaba or any radio company but these are facts. Well, if budget not permitting, then that's something else...
Old 09-25-2003, 01:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Sorry Master ... *kneel down in shame* Hahahaha ... I changed the spur, easier and also because I sapu the 1st speed so might as well.
Ummm, no need for public apologies... Just pass me some freebies and goodies. Foam tire and fuel are nice offerrings... That will suffice.

Anyway, just for your info, changing spurs will alter the gear ratios very little percentage wise. 1st or 2nd gear spur the same thing. By changing pinions, you'll feel the drastic effect !
Old 09-25-2003, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

I love the Futaba 3PJS, just the right price and works well. 3PK is full of bells and whistles that you mainly will not use. Also it is top heavy in terms of balance. I tried the KO Mars and it feels right but now its the Helios ... sigh ... who wants to see a nice PJS?
Old 09-25-2003, 01:49 AM
Tech Prophet

I love the Futaba 3PJS, just the right price and works well. 3PK is full of bells and whistles that you mainly will not use. Also it is top heavy in terms of balance. I tried the KO Mars and it feels right but now its the Helios ... sigh ... who wants to see a nice PJS?
Ummm, you don't like Top Heavy? I thought most guys do. The 3PK is actually about the same weight as my previous 3PDF.

Where are you getting the 3PJS? I thought they are defunct and can only get them 2nd hand?

Actually, the 3PJS is a subset to 3PK. The 3PK has only a few functions more that mere mortals like us would not use.

Yeah Josh Cyrul is currently using the Helios. But hey, an old bird like Ralph Burch is still using his KO Mars...
Old 09-25-2003, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

InitialD ... I will hv to get second hand la.

As for top heavy no point la ... too big is pointless, what you want is just right, must be firm to the grip, looks big enough and not too light, you need to feel the weight resting on your palms, fits the hands well, you can feel the right resistance when you flick at it with your finger, the buttons must be nice to twitch between your thumb and finger ... don't you think so?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.