Regulated Races Poll

Old 09-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Regulated Races Poll

Okat this is a poll and please just answer the quesitons and not nonsense la. Wanna see what Car Hobbyist want. This is mainly for GP since EP is controlled.

1. would you be keen to participate in controlled races, IFMAR rules modified to suit Malaysia? e.g. from body shell dimensions, engine restrictions to 5 port standard (no RR, MF and MSpeed), weight limitations etc

2. would you pay to join a club or body so as to ensure that the hobby is organised?

3. what do you expect from GP car races organised?

4. why do you join races?

5. would you participate in a race with an entry fee of RM100 that guarantees a consolation prize of RM50 if you finish the race in whatever main you are in?

6. what do you expect in terms of returns from a registration fee of RM100 (I mean realistically on things like food and drinks etc)? Darn, most races for no toilets la!!!

7. would you readily participate in a race with a RM100 registration that has lucky draws with prizes such as Italian 5 port engines, weekend stay at a hotel etc?

8. do you feel that the current races are being dominated by a handful of GP car hobbyists?

9. would you be keen to participate in a race that restricts participation of the people who are dominating the current races organised?

10. if all you want (must be reasonable ok) is met, will you be willing to readily participate in a local GP race that caters to the not so professionals with top cash prizes like RM1,500 for A main?

Bonus question: what sort of tracks should be set up, big sweeping tracks like in overseas (something like Andalas) or the medium technical ones (something like TT)

Let me have your comments, who knows a race to your liking may be organised soon.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Okat this is a poll and please just answer the quesitons and not nonsense la. Wanna see what Car Hobbyist want. This is mainly for GP since EP is controlled.

1. would you be keen to participate in controlled races, IFMAR rules modified to suit Malaysia? e.g. from body shell dimensions, engine restrictions to 5 port standard (no RR, MF and MSpeed), weight limitations etc

- Yes!. About the modifications, why not implement something according to the ifmar ruling? Amended for 5 ports engine. Like exhaust height, crankshaft diameter, carb size and cc.

2. would you pay to join a club or body so as to ensure that the hobby is organised?

-Yes!

-Er, What do you mean? err, Food? err, Drinks?

-For Fun and competition amongst drivers

5. would you participate in a race with an entry fee of RM100 that guarantees a consolation prize of RM50 if you finish the race in whatever main you are in?

- Yes, Definitely!

6. what do you expect in terms of returns from a registration fee of RM100 (I mean realistically on things like food and drinks etc)? Darn, most races for no toilets la!!!

- Ya, definitely toilets, and air compressor for cleaning the car!

7. would you readily participate in a race with a RM100 registration that has lucky draws with prizes such as Italian 5 port engines, weekend stay at a hotel etc?

- WoW! can you make that come true? Will definitely benefit everyone. Not only just for the top drivers.

8. do you feel that the current races are being dominated by a handful of GP car hobbyists?

- Yes!

9. would you be keen to participate in a race that restricts participation of the people who are dominating the current races organised?

-Yes, Why not?, Competition makes a better person!

10. if all you want (must be reasonable ok) is met, will you be willing to readily participate in a local GP race that caters to the not so professionals with top cash prizes like RM1,500 for A main?

-Yes would be fair that way!, Why not make a big Malaysia Challenge Trophy!(Size of a small kid) for the yearly Nats to go with the prizes!

Bonus question: what sort of tracks should be set up, big sweeping tracks like in overseas (something like Andalas) or the medium technical ones (something like TT)

-Big sweeping will definitely be good but also must include some technical elements also like chicanes and hairpins.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Xman ... thanks for the reply. What I meant about food is that the current races you get some crappy food only, what would you expect in terms of F&B.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tIANcI
Xman ... thanks for the reply. What I meant about food is that the current races you get some crappy food only, what would you expect in terms of F&B.
Are you serious??, That would be great man!, Damn, all this in KL only??

But not to the standard of F&B lah, coz most of the racer will have no time to savour the food!! busy charging the RX packs... Maybe should offer buffet style to the spectators though!, can make more side income for the Organization...
Old 09-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes
No
Enough sheltered pit tables for every racers, F&B, organised marshall, rules enforcements n penalty....etc
To meet up different racers, share views n tips, to get experience.
Yes
Toilets is a plus, F&B is good, free gifts, lucky draws, discount vouchers.....
WOW...all thumbs up....yes readily
No...tats' why we hve different mains.
No....in that case, new racers wuldn't be able to learn frm the good racers.
Yes
Medium technical tracks with st8 abt 60 m x 40 m with chicanes, sharp corners n sweepers.

Old 09-10-2003, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

1. would you be keen to participate in controlled races, IFMAR rules modified to suit Malaysia? e.g. from body shell dimensions, engine restrictions to 5 port standard (no RR, MF and MSpeed), weight limitations etc.

>>YES

>> YES

>> Enough sheltered pit tables for every racers, F&B(Buffet Style), organised marshall, rules enforcements.

>> It's a hobby

>> YES

>> Buffet Lunch (not packet ones), Personalized Tags (ts can also act as a coupon) when lunch is served.

>>YES

>>NO

>>NO

>>NO

>>Technical tracks, with chicanes, sharp corners and sweepers.

Let me have your comments, who knows a race to your liking may be organised soon.YES red
Old 09-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Regulated Races Poll

yes and no.. no to self modifications but yes to engines bought off the shelves.. but i dun mind just running a standard 5 port

noper

3. what do you expect from GP car races organised??

timely affair with proper marshalls.. penalties and such..

4. why do you join races??

i like racing

that sounds sweet aint it?

not much but at least the races must be propely orgainsed..
timely affair.. the race annocener must not be baised!

u kidding me.. of coz!!!

each driver and car has their unqiue charctertistic.. to each his own i would say

what's the point? we need them to be around to gauge our own improvement or to even learn from them

if all you want (must be reasonable ok) is met, will you be willing to readily participate in a local GP race that caters to the not so professionals with top cash prizes like RM1,500 for A main?

sure! but how to define pro?

hat sort of tracks should be set up, big sweeping tracks like in overseas (something like Andalas) or the medium technical ones (something like TT)

i guess every track has its own changelles..

Let me have your comments, who knows a race to your liking may be organised soon. [/B]
Old 09-10-2003, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

U mean stock standard?yeah!
more on engine regulations-should be stressed

abso-f'king-lutely,but who's free enough and willing to run this org?

A day of fun,meeting people and finishing the race

same as above lor

yes,but why not just make it RM50 entry?

F&B,free tuning&advice,driving classes like Sepang/Batu Tiga.track analysis...FROM ppl who are really qualified,not everyone with a different opinion

-yes!!but what's with the RM100 figure?so many things in return for RM100 seems fishy.

YES-and it makes it difficult and DAUNTING for the aspiring racer.easily solved by having novice,sportsman,advanced class.

NO-i would prefer to rub shoulders with Ong Chee Yong etc,but would not like to qualify together(what for,i'm too slow

YES

-BOTH,technical and high speed if possible.both if need an answer,i would definitely like sepang more than Monaco.
Old 09-10-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Yes..(I guess that's the whole idea of this poll too, implementation of restrictions to cars for a more organised and FAIR race)

Definitely..(No organization can run without fundings)

Firstly..RULES...and maybe a cool and funny race director.

For the FUN and EXPERIENCE...and to RACE and further improve and enjoy the hobby.

Yes.

Proper pit benches, air compressors, a stall nearby that sells tyres???

Most defiinitely.

Ummm...I think so.

No. That would be bias ain't it...where is the fairness in this?

Yes.

A fusion of both would make a lovely track but the surface has to be kind to tyres...
Old 09-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

hey guyz, they serve bbq hot dogs in us races.... mayb we could serve satay or perhaps organise a family trip, bbq or something, and of coz not forgetting rc.......

cya

Old 09-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Okay guys ... I got a few replies only but there is a pattern there. Now let me explain why the poll.

We would hope to organise a race towards the end of the year. Like all that I have said about novice races and regulations, this has ot be the basis for the race. Why? We need to get organised and then we will get noticed.

Of course the race will be with rules and regulations and not a "free for all". There will be a race director, sufficient turn marshalls (so pit crew can sit in the pit and not run over tracks, I did it and I took out the leader once!!! I felt bloody bad!!!), clerk of the course, track manager etc.

I would say most are divided about letting the top pros racing or not to let them race, both sides have valid arguments.

As for the commments about so much in return for RM100, well it may be very true. No small prints at all. This is a hobby, we want to have fun. Like I said I live off a fat trust fund ... trust me and fund me!!!

Of course if there is a race we will have good food (hotdogs drinks), toilets, shade, compressors etc.

As for tracks I think it will be overseas style, big sweeping corners with lovely straights but a technical in field to ensure that we have to slow down.

Keep your fingers crossed okay! Let's make a dream come true!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

I'm more interested in the track.
r u planning to build one?
where would it be?
Old 09-11-2003, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Okay guys ... I got a few replies only but there is a pattern there. Now let me explain why the poll.

We would hope to organise a race towards the end of the year. Like all that I have said about novice races and regulations, this has ot be the basis for the race. Why? We need to get organised and then we will get noticed.

Of course the race will be with rules and regulations and not a "free for all". There will be a race director, sufficient turn marshalls (so pit crew can sit in the pit and not run over tracks, I did it and I took out the leader once!!! I felt bloody bad!!!), clerk of the course, track manager etc.

I would say most are divided about letting the top pros racing or not to let them race, both sides have valid arguments.

As for the commments about so much in return for RM100, well it may be very true. No small prints at all. This is a hobby, we want to have fun. Like I said I live off a fat trust fund ... trust me and fund me!!!

Of course if there is a race we will have good food (hotdogs drinks), toilets, shade, compressors etc.

As for tracks I think it will be overseas style, big sweeping corners with lovely straights but a technical in field to ensure that we have to slow down.

Keep your fingers crossed okay! Let's make a dream come true!!!
Wow! will be waiting for your good news!
Old 09-12-2003, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Lee ... keep your fingers crossed, cannot tell where yet at this juncture!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

u mean it's a secret or u dont have exact loactions yet?
please let it be PJ/SJ...or at worst Klang valley...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.