Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New track in Subang

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lee82gx
wah that track is great.i wish we have more of those.of course EP cannot really play there lah.
:looks around: hope ijnek doesnt come here
dun like tat leh...i dun play GP,but i have nothing against GP.n i do like watching GP races especially those long races with pit stops...
my interest in RC was aroused by GP cars,jus tat i did not start off by playing them

if i do visit KL,lee u must bring mi around ok
Old 09-09-2003, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

harhar..of cos i will show u around..but not b4 11 Oct ok?my finals up till then!!
i sure bring u see all da RC places..and ehemm if u want to visit non-RC oso can
Old 09-09-2003, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

thanx for the offer,but i wun b making any trip up 2 KL any sooner...
but i will let u know if i do go up.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

count me in, count me in!
Old 09-09-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Lee ... who says cannot play EP, why not? Just becareful la ... you know how hard GP cars are!!! Hahahaha ...
Old 09-10-2003, 04:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by tIANcI
Lee ... who says cannot play EP, why not? Just becareful la ... you know how hard GP cars are!!! Hahahaha ...
i drive EP.. i see GP come i rather drive off the track myself than kena hit by a GP... at least i know i wont get as much broken parts
Old 09-10-2003, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what i mean was that foreign track is very wide and long,so naturally gas cars rule there,putting down an EP car very dangerous as atested by the 2 of u!
Old 09-11-2003, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Default New Subang Track Review

Okay, went to the track yesterday.

Firstly, the track is newly laid and has a fairly smooth surface. It is still tacky as the tar has not dried enough yet. There is a driver stand that is tall enough and can accommodate about 6 driver comfortably. Access to the track is easy and parking should be not much of an issue. The compound has not much parking but you have a lot by the roadside.

The track itself is tight, average width is only 5' - 6'. The longest straight (back straight) is about 50'-60' with a lot of hairpins to the left of the track. The straight in front of the driver stand is about 15' only.

The track is outlined using PVC pipes with little cones to mark out the apex of the hairpin corners. It can be confusing at first but I guess after a few laps you can 'see' the track.

I have yet to run my car on the track but I doubt I will do so.The track is tigher than Yokomo and I think it is not that suitable for 5 port cars. On the back straight you will be able to hit full throttle for like 2-3 seconds only before having to brake hard. Furthermore, with such a tight track how will you be able to successfully overtake in the corners?

I have to say that if they were to re-do the layout it will be great for electic cars!!! Perhaps for 3 ports too. It is currently perfect for RTR cars.

The downside about the track is that the driver stand is not in the centre of the track. Most of the action will be to your far left (relatively) as that is there the series of hairpins are.

As for facilities, they have a compressor and a little hobby shop. The shop does not stock much parts or stuff. I saw mainly XRay parts whilst most of the stuff are all seconds that have decorative purposes only. I did not really see a proper service centre.

Facilities for drivers such as tables etc are lacking for sure. Bring your own table ok!

Rating for this track will be 4/10.

Personal rating of tracks:

Tmn Sr Andalas: 7/10 (love the layout and the people there are great, needs toilets only)
Titiwangsa:6/10 (nice track but lacks organisation, no frequency boards etc)
Yokomo: 6/10 (small challenging track but nice facilities and people)
Jln Kebun: 5/10 (bare neccesities only, decent track but great people there)
Old 09-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: New Subang Track Review

Tmn Sr Andalas: 7/10 (love the layout and the people there are great, needs toilets only)
Titiwangsa:6/10 (nice track but lacks organisation, no frequency boards etc)
Yokomo: 6/10 (small challenging track but nice facilities and people)
Jln Kebun: 5/10 (bare neccesities only, decent track but great people there)
Perhaps you should venture and go around Malaysia to review tracks and put your reviews here in a new thread.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

I think I do not mind doing that in January ... all I need is a digi cam and off I go ... sounds like a good idea. But when I start to go to nice big tracks like in Indo, Thai, US you will be drooling!!! Hahahaa ...
Old 09-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

I think I do not mind doing that in January ... all I need is a digi cam and off I go ... sounds like a good idea. But when I start to go to nice big tracks like in Indo, Thai, US you will be drooling!!! Hahahaa ...
Get a small wireless camera also.....can get view from your RC car
Old 09-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

I was told that you can actually buy the wireless mini cams in KL, I have to ask my friend where it is sold. I think will be great to have one in a car and then off it goes racing!!! We can see how we drive. Also might be fun to have a lap time challenge where you run the race from TV!!! Food for thought.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was told that you can actually buy the wireless mini cams in KL, I have to ask my friend where it is sold. I think will be great to have one in a car and then off it goes racing!!! We can see how we drive. Also might be fun to have a lap time challenge where you run the race from TV!!! Food for thought.
I saw someone did that before at yokomo. Don't really get the clear view on the screen because it gets interference from the radio frequency. But a lot of fun though.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Okay ... I have "officially" tested the new Glenmarie track. The people running it are nice people. The current layout is trial and error so we have to bear with them.

The track surface is almost dry now. Only one or two slippery patches but then the dirt that is strewn onto your car is tar and sand!!! Not too bad but still a chore to clean out.

Track is too narrow, about 8' max and when you are racing 2 cars side by side it feels scary. It is really really hard to overtake, easier to overtake at Yokomo.

The barriers on the side do a great job in keeping your car in with hardly no damage, they are using rubber water pipes.

The back straight is not that long and you can punch your 5 port for like only 3-5 secs max. I was running one way so I dare not push it at all.

It is currently free to run your cars there but as of Monday I am informed that they will start to charge. Darn ... I forgot to ask how much!!! Looks like I will be a lousy reporter!!! STOP B*TCHING about it, no one is paying me to do this!!! Hahahaha ...

Conclusion: if you want to hang out with your RC buddies and then YAM CHAR a bit, well you can always visit this place.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Okay ... I have "officially" tested the new Glenmarie track. The people running it are nice people. The current layout is trial and error so we have to bear with them.

The track surface is almost dry now. Only one or two slippery patches but then the dirt that is strewn onto your car is tar and sand!!! Not too bad but still a chore to clean out.

Track is too narrow, about 8' max and when you are racing 2 cars side by side it feels scary. It is really really hard to overtake, easier to overtake at Yokomo.

The barriers on the side do a great job in keeping your car in with hardly no damage, they are using rubber water pipes.

The back straight is not that long and you can punch your 5 port for like only 3-5 secs max. I was running one way so I dare not push it at all.

It is currently free to run your cars there but as of Monday I am informed that they will start to charge. Darn ... I forgot to ask how much!!! Looks like I will be a lousy reporter!!! STOP B*TCHING about it, no one is paying me to do this!!! Hahahaha ...

Conclusion: if you want to hang out with your RC buddies and then YAM CHAR a bit, well you can always visit this place.
Hi tIANcI, nice report on the new Glenmarie track. I've also tested the track last weekend. As for the charges, I've already found out from them that they charging something like RM5 per car for the use of the track during the day. And plus another RM2 if you want to play after 7pm. (Night driving with spot lights)

Cheers,

Last edited by Johnson11ng; 09-13-2003 at 07:40 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.